The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’m starting to get a feeling we won’t get much new music next year, if any at all.

Slash referred to next year’s tour as a “summer tour,” and I just spoke to someone who might be connected to the music industry who says the tour is only gonna be “4 to 6 weeks, if everyone is healthy.”

Dont really see why they’d put out new music if they’re not gonna tour much anymore, but hopefully I’m wrong.

In hindsight, the 2023 tour did kinda feel like their last big push, didn’t it? With Axl saying “we’d like to thank our crew for these last seven years” at the last show and all.

Then again, in a separate interview, slash said “2025 will be all about Guns N’ Roses,” so who knows.

I'm not sure they would break even in 4 to 6 weeks, unless there are big festival offers or a residency.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

I love visiting Las Vegas but I'm not sure it's worth $400-$500 to fly there and back, plus another $200-$400 for a hotel for a few nights or one night on top of the GN'R ticket or tickets.

IF they play there I would not be surprised if it were filmed and released to be fair. His voice may not be what it was but there are ways of fixing that for a live release, seems slightly more likely than a new album of new material to me.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

If they play there I'd expect a giant Perhaps magic 8 ball as well lol.

Fan made pic

perhaps-gnr-should-take-over-the-las-veg

That looks pretty dang cool! When I was in Vegas last week we didn't get very close to the sphere, but it was in view from a few places I was at, even from my airport terminal. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

I don't wanna see two skeletons fornicating during "Rocket Queen."

That's in the Jersey Jack Pinball machine as well, when not in family friendly mode. I have the game but have not noticed it yet, I'm too busy watching the ball(s) to pay attention to the screen most of the time. (It has a 27" in the backbox and a mini screen in the playfield to represent the concert jumbotron, a cool pinball game!) 

It's a kickass pinball machine, for anyone into that. I've been a pinball guy for decades, and it's so good it almost ruins some of the other pins, even newer ones. Part of the reason was how involved Slash and the band was with that project. Slash made a lot of great things happen with that game, even telling Fernando to shove it a few times (nicely). They also provided JJP with a TON of media/material to use for the game. It's a unique situation, uniquely very good because most bands/brands wouldn't do that. 

I wish their prowess with pinball was half as good as them releasing and properly mixing and mastering tracks. 

• Like 1

They will definitely play The Sphere because of the sheer money that is involved. 

All I’m hoping for, and I say hoping because there’s a teeny tiny sense of hope still left, is that Axl’s voice is in good form, like end of 2017 form at best because no sort of visual effects will be able to make anyone disregard that he can’t sing anymore. 

The band can’t make up for his lack of vocal ability at this stage either. Axl’s vocals are GnR. Yes, having Slash there is great, and it was magic from 2016-2018, but we all go to these shows to hear that unmistakable voice rip through those songs. 

Let’s hope. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

They will definitely play The Sphere because of the sheer money that is involved. 

All I’m hoping for, and I say hoping because there’s a teeny tiny sense of hope still left, is that Axl’s voice is in good form, like end of 2017 form at best because no sort of visual effects will be able to make anyone disregard that he can’t sing anymore. 

The band can’t make up for his lack of vocal ability at this stage either. Axl’s vocals are GnR. Yes, having Slash there is great, and it was magic from 2016-2018, but we all go to these shows to hear that unmistakable voice rip through those songs. 

Let’s hope. 

This is why I have zero excitement for a possible Sphere residency, GNR have never been a big 'stage show' kind of band and trying to compensate for the vocals with more of a 'show' isn't really gonna work. What the Creativeworks guy said about integrating AI really doesn't make me optimistic, either.

Ideally they'd cut/alter the set so it's mostly lower vocals, add some duets (Raw Power with Duff, Locomotive with Melissa, etc) and bring back the pyro for the hits. WTTJ, LALD, NR, PC etc are gonna suck but it'd be easier to 'mask' that with just some good old fashioned explosions.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

2023 was a step in the right direction, but even that was shaky. The Fenway show I saw was great. Lots of stadium reverb, loud instruments, increase use of backing vocals, them turning the vocals up and down in certain parts, and Axl's effort all made up for it. Hollywood Bowl was rougher because he was tired and the sound made the vocals more pronounced. I don't think we will get anything like 2017, and even that year was average at best. 2016 was an indian summer and the year he really needed to make count. I am just happy he did that with the first reunion year and AC/DC. His vocals are probably done, but I am not upset about it. He has given us a lot and he's in his 60s, now.

20 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

This is why I have zero excitement for a possible Sphere residency, GNR have never been a big 'stage show' kind of band and trying to compensate for the vocals with more of a 'show' isn't really gonna work. What the Creativeworks guy said about integrating AI really doesn't make me optimistic, either.

Ideally they'd cut/alter the set so it's mostly lower vocals, add some duets (Raw Power with Duff, Locomotive with Melissa, etc) and bring back the pyro for the hits. WTTJ, LALD, NR, PC etc are gonna suck but it'd be easier to 'mask' that with just some good old fashioned explosions.

I agree. GNR at the Sphere would be underwhelming because they aren't a stage show band. Their visuals are more so on them like with the bandana, hair, top hat, and shit. They have had some great stages though depending on the tour. I thought NITL had a great stage show for a GNR comeback. Lots of screens, ramps, runaways, pyro, videos, blah blah and a configuration just like the UYI stage. Actually, the 2010 and 2011 Chinese Democracy Tour stages were pretty awesome, too. Since NITL ended, their stage shows have been very barebones. 

I seem to be in the minority, though, and I think the Sphere itself is kind of underwhelming (haven't been yet, so I could be very wrong). The outside is super neat, but the inside is basically just a big screen. I know that is the gimmick, but I would be way more interested in seeing a band with a cool, unique stage show over that small stage with a big, round screen. Saw U2's 360 Tour. I'd take that over their Sphere residency, any day.

That being said, I haven't gone so if they did a Sphere residency in 2025- 2026 I would consider it for the novelty, but not rush out for it. Their videos on- stage usually kind of suck, anyways. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

So far there have been rumours about shows in Europe, Latin America and The Sphere in Las Vegas.

I wonder if that could make sense logistically for a 4-6 week tour.

Not so sure, the Sphere is so expensive it only makes sense to do multiple shows. Lot of production work is required.

As for touring in the US, UK, EU, SA all in 4-6 weeks? possible, 3 weeks in the EU/UK 3 weeks in NA/SA. Lot of travelling and very selective dates but possible. 

• Like 2