The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

He is definitely referring to upcoming new songs coming out. We knew this would be happening because of Monsters. The questions are what other songs, how many, and when?

Drip feeding them over the span of 6+ years (if they follow the pattern) is insane, but this is Axl we are talking about. 

An LP of 8- 10 songs out in 2021 for the 2021- 2024 tours would have been ideal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

That’s the new record 

There is no new record. A compilation of songs released over 5 years is not a 'new' album by any standards... I like some bands that have done that, Stop Light Observations being a good example: they released a bunch of singles over a couple years, compiled them onto an LP, then announced they were writing an actual new album. But that's not gonna happen with GNR.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

He has said in interviews over the years that he likes to read a lot of books, watch a lot of tv/ movies, and tend to his animals.

I’m aware of all this, but it doesn’t make his extreme privateness any less baffling. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

I’m aware of all this, but it doesn’t make his extreme privateness any less baffling. 

you make it sound weird that a person likes his privacy. we have pics of him interacting with a bunch of people and I'm pretty sure he has his own people too, he just chooses to not broadcast it and his internet presence is minimal. doesn't mean he doesn't go out with his friends and interacts with them.

some people really enjoy their privacy. just cause Axl is rich and famous doesn't make it weird imho.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

you make it sound weird that a person likes his privacy. we have pics of him interacting with a bunch of people and I'm pretty sure he has his own people too, he just chooses to not broadcast it and his internet presence is minimal. doesn't mean he doesn't go out with his friends and interacts with them.

some people really enjoy their privacy. just cause Axl is rich and famous doesn't make it weird imho.  

Thanks for the mandatory explanation as usual; you can go now, Jarmo. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, jamillos said:

Thanks for the mandatory explanation as usual; you can go now, Jarmo. 

oh yeah, forgot that you can barely stomach a differing opinion. none of what I said is even slightly biased you tit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Rovim said:

oh yeah, forgot that you can barely stomach a differing opinion. none of what I said is even slightly biased you tit.

I actually do welcome a differing opinion. What I can do without, though, is fanatical apologetics and n-times repeated phrases; and I believe I’ve said it here before. 
Good day and try to find a hobby, Jarmo. 

• Confused 1

I'll take official live releases of UYI era over any new music going forward until the band is retired .. Throw in some early ChiDem live releases too .. There's enough recorded material there to last us a life time

Edited by 2020_Intensions

8 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

really don't understand people that want slightly different live versions of songs we already have multiple live versions of. How can anyone want that over new music? 

Being able to listen to more of prime Axl belting out the tunes we all love is kinda cool to me, I don't know. Throw in a Blu-ray to bask in all that glory of back then visually too and I am totally cool with it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

really don't understand people that want slightly different live versions of songs we already have multiple live versions of. How can anyone want that over new music? 

49 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

Being able to listen to more of prime Axl belting out the tunes we all love is kinda cool to me, I don't know. Throw in a Blu-ray to bask in all that glory of back then visually too and I am totally cool with it.

I hear you, I want good new music too! To answer your question @JimiRose, I would say it’s because the “new” songs they’ve released have been let downs for various reasons. Lazy lyrics, keeping 2 seconds of a former members solo on the record, shoddy production or mixing, etc. As long as Axl has the final say, why would we expect anything different moving forward? The only really good song we’ve heard is Monsters and they haven’t even released that one.

Everything post 1994 has been a real drag with this band, but the UYI tour had some epic shows that I would love to have in a proper vinyl release. The live albums from the UYI box set are still in regular rotation for me. And the blu-ray is simply awesome!

why not both? there's a treasure trove of live shows from the old days and unreleased material from the Chinese era. I'll take whatever I can get, but "new" or new music is a first priority for me

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

I hear you, I want good new music too! To answer your question @JimiRose, I would say it’s because the “new” songs they’ve released have been let downs for various reasons. Lazy lyrics, keeping 2 seconds of a former members solo on the record, shoddy production or mixing, etc. As long as Axl has the final say, why would we expect anything different moving forward? The only really good song we’ve heard is Monsters and they haven’t even released that one.

Everything post 1994 has been a real drag with this band, but the UYI tour had some epic shows that I would love to have in a proper vinyl release. The live albums from the UYI box set are still in regular rotation for me. And the blu-ray is simply awesome!

1 hour ago, Spoon87 said:

But don't we have these already? as in the live versions of multiple UYI shows, some official, some bootleg? I enjoy listening (or rather watching) the old live versions of tracks as Axl could actually sing, but 4/5 versions of you could be mine between 91 - 93 is plenty. the new music isn't as good as the tp tier GnR stuff, but it's new. the old saying - new is always better! :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

But don't we have these already? as in the live versions of multiple UYI shows, some official, some bootleg? I enjoy listening (or rather watching) the old live versions of tracks as Axl could actually sing, but 4/5 versions of you could be mine between 91 - 93 is plenty. the new music isn't as good as the tp tier GnR stuff, but it's new. the old saying - new is always better! :lol:

every show and performance is unique imo and there were some spectacular Gn'R shows that we still don't have a quality official version of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimiRose said:

That depends. Are they collaborating/writing and plan on going to into the studio w the current lineup to record songs from the ground up? Whether new or old. Or is it Slash and Duff putting down parts over material that’s been done decades ago and should prob just be included instead in a Chinese Democracy box set? 

If it’s the later? I’d rather see some live stuff make its way out. It’s more organic and representative of whichever era of the band was performing instead of Slash and Duff trying to fit parts playing alongside Brain, Finck, etc…arranged songs

Just my preference 

3 hours ago, JimiRose said:

really don't understand people that think this band is capable of writing new music. Like a broken record, but I'll keep saying it, Axl hasn't released an actual new song since 2008, which were already 10 year old songs by that point. Axl can't sing good anymore. I don't want to hear his lazy and flat singing. I want to hear his prime voice that we all became fans of this band because of. Is it really that hard to understand? Or are you just willfully ignorant &/or delusional?

• Like 3