The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

3 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

It's better than: Right Next Door to Hell, Dust N' Bones, Perfect Crime, You Ain't the First, Bad Obsession, Back Off Bitch, The Garden, Garden of Eden, Bad Apples, Dead Horse, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Get in the Ring, Shotgun Blues, So Fine, and My World. 

Nice try diddy 

12 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well state of grace would not be thr same vocal, that was a rough sketch and not finished.

After hearing the singles, I'd bet if they released SOG it would be 99% the same vocals we've heard, soaked in effects. Maybe he did some minor touch-ups like he did with Perhaps, but don't get your hopes up for a different vocal take...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

After hearing the singles, I'd bet if they released SOG it would be 99% the same vocals we've heard, soaked in effects. Maybe he did some minor touch-ups like he did with Perhaps, but don't get your hopes up for a different vocal take...

Ha! I wouldn't be surprised either, I just think that song is so unfinished vocally it would be very extreme of him not to have done a whole other run at it... but, we know what he did with the others so, all you can do is hope. Would be a shame bot to give a song like that a fighting chance 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

That’s assuming State of Grace wasn’t abandoned, and if it wasn’t, it’s likely Axl recorded proper vocals for it between 2000 and 2014. (If I had to guess, I’d learn towards it being an abandoned song, which is unfortunate, though Nothing wasn’t abandoned as of 2008, so who knows!)

6 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

if it wasn’t, it’s likely Axl recorded proper vocals for it between 2000 and 2014.

It's possible, but it's more likely that he kept the vocals and just digitally edited and added effects. Aside from little touch-ups or the odd lyric change, the early CD-era vocals were the final ones.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Ha! I wouldn't be surprised either, I just think that song is so unfinished vocally it would be very extreme of him not to have done a whole other run at it... but, we know what he did with the others so, all you can do is hope. Would be a shame bot to give a song like that a fighting chance 

The version we heard does sound more like a 'demo' than most other Village tracks, I'd like to be wrong and hear a completely different take if it's released, but yea... expect the same vocals, and hope to be surprised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It's possible, but it's more likely that he kept the vocals and just digitally edited and added effects. Aside from little touch-ups or the odd lyric change, the early CD-era vocals were the final ones.

They sound mostly, if not wholly placeholder, scratch vocals. (Not suitable for release) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

The State of Grace vocals sound like that guy on Youtube who mocks Axl's voice. Pray to god that never sees the light of day as an official release.

The last few lines of that song sound great, other than that, the other parts need to be rerecorded. (Which may have happened decades ago)

1 minute ago, 2020_Intensions said:

YAWN

You calling The General a liar?

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

What are you so bitter about? Like it, don't like it... why is it so important for you to shit on everyone else that likes it?

I like Monsters. But I think it's ridiculous how many people are heralding it as the greatest thing GnR has ever done. It's not. Not even close. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

It's better than: Right Next Door to Hell, Dust N' Bones, Perfect Crime, You Ain't the First, Bad Obsession, Back Off Bitch, The Garden, Garden of Eden, Bad Apples, Dead Horse, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Get in the Ring, Shotgun Blues, So Fine, and My World. 

Wtf :facepalm:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

The State of Grace vocals sound like that guy on Youtube who mocks Axl's voice. Pray to god that never sees the light of day as an official release.

Nah, it does sound like him. I actually like it, it's kind of... dark. But it's obviously not a final version they'd release. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

That’s assuming State of Grace wasn’t abandoned, and if it wasn’t, it’s likely Axl recorded proper vocals for it between 2000 and 2014. (If I had to guess, I’d learn towards it being an abandoned song, which is unfortunate, though Nothing wasn’t abandoned as of 2008, so who knows!)

I strongly believe State of Grace was not abandoned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:
13 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

Expand  

Wtf :facepalm:

Perhaps not all, but Monsters is better than a few of those songs. It’s certainly a top tier GnR track in my view

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Perhaps not all, but Monsters is better than a few of those songs. It’s certainly a top tier GnR track in my view

I’m truly a fan of Monster’s bridge and the outro solo puts a smile on my face everytime I listen to it. But as a whole song it is still incoherent imo. And I’m not saying it’s impossible to like it more than those songs listed but as a fan of the classic band this whole list is laughable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

The State of Grace vocals sound like that guy on Youtube who mocks Axl's voice. Pray to god that never sees the light of day as an official release

The General & Love to Love do too. 🐸

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I think the vocals would sound a lot better if they were clearer in the mix and not as scratchy. This is what they did with Perhaps, and it sounded really good. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I strongly believe State of Grace was not abandoned.

I sure hope it wasn't. With a cleaner vocal take, a killer Robin or Buckethead solo, and a good mix, it would be an amazing song.  Realistically, if we ever get an official version, it will probably have Slash playing lead guitar and Duff added too, doesn't necessarily need a solo, The General doesn't really have a solo, same with Prostitute, at least in the traditional GN'R sense. 

• Like 1