The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

5 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Bullshit. Your opinion is not fact. I would pay top dollar to go see the AFD5 or early Illusions era do a real reunion tour. And I would be going to multiple shows along with a lot of others. 

Richard Fortus is simply a talented guitarist performing other people’s artistry. Well, except for his shitty solo spot in Rocket Queen that does not fit the song in any way.

Why so combative? All I said only implied an AFD5 reunion is unlucky, and if it were to happen, it wouldn't be a long-term thing. I would bet most here would agree.

Grab a beer, smoke a joint or a cig, take a gummy, whatever it takes man. :D My opinion was just that, an opinion. Your reaction does give me confidence I'm probably right, which of course is unfortunate. It would be a fun novelty of the brand, I mean band if they could get those 5 dudes to do anything together again, even if for one or two songs or shows. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Bullshit. Your opinion is not fact. I would pay top dollar to go see the AFD5 or early Illusions era do a real reunion tour. And I would be going to multiple shows along with a lot of others. 

I don't think he was implying that there aren't some market interest in a reunion of the Appetite lineup, I suppose there is although it is likely not very big, but rather that Steven and Izzy, for different reasons, wouldn't be part of a big tour.

4 hours ago, DTV88 said:

At this point, they should bury the hatchet, do a final album, tour and call it a night. 

Regardless of much it pains you that they keep touring when you don't like it, they should continue to tour for as long as other people like it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Why so combative? All I said only implied an AFD5 reunion is unlucky, and if it were to happen, it wouldn't be a long-term thing. I would bet most here would agree.

Grab a beer, smoke a joint or a cig, take a gummy, whatever it takes man. :D My opinion was just that, an opinion. Your reaction does give me confidence I'm probably right, which of course is unfortunate. It would be a fun novelty of the brand, I mean band if they could get those 5 dudes to do anything together again, even if for one or two songs or shows. 

Fuck off MAGA moron 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't think he was implying that there aren't some market interest in a reunion of the Appetite lineup, I suppose there is although it is likely not very big, but rather that Steven and Izzy, for different reasons, wouldn't be part of a big tour.

Regardless of much it pains you that they keep touring when you don't like it, they should continue to tour for as long as other people like it. 

I’ll stare my opinion any time I feel like it, but thanks for your input you argumentative tool :jerkoff:

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

I’ll stare my opinion any time I feel like it, but thanks for your input you argumentative tool :jerkoff:

I didn't say or imply that you shouldn't share your opinion. Sharing your opinion is exactly what you are supposed to do here on a discussion board. I was sharing mine which was opposed to yours. For some reason that bothered you and you got needlessly offensive. So you kind of get the point of discussion boards, but maybe you are not sufficiently emotionally robust to deal with opposing views?

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I didn't say or imply that you shouldn't share your opinion. Sharing your opinion is exactly what you are supposed to do here on a discussion board. I was sharing mine which was opposed to yours. For some reason that bothered you and you got needlessly offensive. So you kind of get the point of discussion boards, but maybe you are not sufficiently emotionally robust to deal with opposing views?

Blah, blah, blah. You are simply the most boring poster with childish insults that you think are worded so intellectually. If I’m not up to your posting standards, feel free to not engage with me. Cause that’s the way discussion boards work, too :hahafyou:

Just now, DTV88 said:

Blah, blah, blah. You are simply the most boring poster with childish insults that you think are worded so intellectually. If I’m not up to your posting standards, feel free to not engage with me. Cause that’s the way discussion boards work, too :hahafyou:

But I have no problems engaging with you. I appreciate your posts and your opinions. We might not always agree, but that doesn't affect me.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Fuck off MAGA moron 

Seems I struck a nerve. How predictable for the likes of you.

Now, thanks to you, I'll need to cleanse this thread with more posts about Buckethead and Robin Finck. 

19 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

But I have no problems engaging with you. I appreciate your posts and your opinions. We might not always agree, but that doesn't affect me.

That little one is not worth the effort.

5 hours ago, SlashisGOD said:

I’d rather have a lineup that includes Gilby and Matt. Both better players than their predecessors.

Gilby better than Fortus? From a song-writing standpoint, I can see that, but Fortus does play some killer lead, even some of Buckethead's parts from CD on the tours. 

EDIT: I probably misunderstood you, I think now you were referring to better than Steven and Izzy. I for sure agree on Steven.  

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Seems I struck a nerve. How predictable for the likes of you.

Now, thanks to you, I'll need to cleanse this thread with more posts about Buckethead and Robin Finck. 

That little one is not worth the effort 

That little one? Is that the best you have? Go bow to your orange, rascist wanna be dictator :hahafyou:

• Like 1

This is what Axl does to us. Gives us 1 album in 33 years, drives the masses insane until we all turn on each other. This is all part of his plan, don't turn our hate on each other. Turn it on to Axl and this useless shitty low rent band that gives us crumbs with the constant lure of a full pack of biscuits that never comes. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Confused 1
  • PERHAPS 1

4 hours ago, JimiRose said:

This is what Axl does to us. Gives us 1 album in 33 years, drives the masses insane until we all turn on each other. This is all part of his plan, don't turn our hate on each other. Turn it on to Axl and this useless shitty low rent band that gives us crumbs with the constant lure of a full pack of biscuits that never comes. 

Divide and conquer?

(new album title? :lol:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2024 at 7:21 AM, DTV88 said:

Fuck off MAGA moron 

I see this forums rules on "abuse" only apply when you're making arguments against hard leftists🙋‍♂️. Go as hard as you want on the rights though, good to know😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, DTV88 said:

That little one? Is that the best you have? Go bow to your orange, rascist wanna be dictator :hahafyou:

If your preferred candidate loses, which it seeming to be more likely as the days go by, just try to keep it together, especially here.

Now, onto this thread. We know the next thing is not going to be a new album, but an additional single or two, like the last 4 we got. Monsters is almost a given, and something else. I sure hope we don't need to order a CD from Japan this time around, and several months later than they were available digitally. Hard Skool got a CD, cassette, and vinyl with live songs and Perhaps / The General didn't get that full treatment. Maybe the former underperformed sales? 

40 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What has happened? Has the band said their plan of possibly compiling the singles into an album been scrapped?!

I've been thinking about this too. I believe Slash mentioned the compilation, but I do not know if it was a definitive statement or a "maybe we will..." statement. 

If the 4 or however many singles do end up on an album, they should be remixed because together they don't sound great at all with wildly different (and even bad) production. 

6 hours ago, Lelex95 said:

Dude just stfu, nobody gives a shit about your political views, just talk about the music. 
How old are you 14? 

Dude, just put me on ignore if you don’t like it. It’s not that difficult of a concept to understand. And thanks for telling me what to talk about :lol:

Now, onto talk of the “new album” lol. 1,400 pages and counting 

• Haha 1

A new album would be a great opportunity to put the remaining CD-era tracks on that still have some incredible Robin Finck and Buckethead parts. If there's 12-16 songs ready to go, and if Duff and Slash re-worked 6-8, that means they still have others. If they are all mixed and mastered properly, no one will know, and it would be a great way to lead into future album/albums with the NITL lineup. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sweersa said:

A new album would be a great opportunity to put the remaining CD-era tracks on that still have some incredible Robin Finck and Buckethead parts. If there's 12-16 songs ready to go, and if Duff and Slash re-worked 6-8, that means they still have others. If they are all mixed and mastered properly, no one will know, and it would be a great way to lead into future album/albums with the NITL lineup. 

At this point I sincerely doubt that there will be future albums by the NITL line up. I could be wrong or just a negative Nancy, of course.