09/26/23 - San Antonio, TX - Alamodome

downzy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 9/23/2023 at 4:22 PM, rockphantom said:

Is anyone from the forum going to this show?

My family is from San Antonio, but I won't be travelling from DFW to the Alamo city in the middle of the week, for the GNR gig...

Taking the family to see GNR. Kind of a bucket list for three generations to go together.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, quikspade said:

Taking the family to see GNR. Kind of a bucket list for three generations to go together.

That's great! Have a blast!

I should clarify. My family is from SA. However, we don't live there anymore.

I thought it would have been neat to see the remnants of GN'R, in the town where my parents met, and where my grandparents are buried.

I have many good memories in San Antonio. When I lived in Austin, my friends and I went down to San Antonio to attend MANY rock shows.

Iron Maiden, Van Halen,  Heaven and Hell (Sabbath with Dio), The Stones, Judas Priest, KISS, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Tesla, you name it, we saw them in San Antonio...

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, rockphantom said:

That's great! Have a blast!

I should clarify. My family is from SA. However, we don't live there anymore.

I thought it would have been neat to see the remnants of GN'R, in the town where my parents met, and where my grandparents are buried.

I have many good memories in San Antonio. When I lived in Austin, my friends and I went down to San Antonio to attend MANY rock shows.

Iron Maiden, Van Halen,  Heaven and Hell (Sabbath with Dio), The Stones, Judas Priest, KISS, Motley Crue, Whitesnake, Tesla, you name it, we saw them in San Antonio...

That’s an impressive list of artists.  My daughter is the youngest at 11, but she will rock LALD, Brownstone, Sympathy, Michelle along with the radio favorites. We’ve been here 8 years (thank you Air Force) and it’s been a blast. I went in 2017 with a friend from Colorado but my kids weren’t quite ready for “the big stage” as my daughter calls it.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, quikspade said:

That’s an impressive list of artists.  My daughter is the youngest at 11, but she will rock LALD, Brownstone, Sympathy, Michelle along with the radio favorites. We’ve been here 8 years (thank you Air Force) and it’s been a blast. I went in 2017 with a friend from Colorado but my kids weren’t quite ready for “the big stage” as my daughter calls it.

Taking your 11 year old to the GNR show is a very cool thing to do.
I was 11 the first time I heard Appetite during the fall of 1989 (I was a little late to the party).

Soon after hearing AFD for the first time, GNR became my favorite band.

Have fun tomorrow night!

• Like 1

The Alamo Dome is a convention center / football stadium built in the 1990s with the hope of drawing an NFL team.  That never happened but UTSA uses it and sells a lot of tickets I'm told.

Source from inside the stadium have told me that the event specific concert tee is sold out.  I'm pleased to report my inside man liked the blue shirt with the tour dates on the back.

Edited by Spike Killer
  • Like 1