Axl might have asked for- and got- a % of alcohol sales at stadium venues

On 7/13/2023 at 3:36 PM, Nintari said:

As someone who's very interested in psychology, it's always puzzling to me how millionaires can be so hung up on money. I mean, I'm well aware that my pathology is unique, and that there are many things at play here but... how? If I woke up tomorrow with Axl's bank account, I can one-hundred-percent guarantee the last thing in the world I would care about is making money. Actually, I'd probably click my heels and start searching for ways to give large portions of it away to those who really need it.

It’s easy to understand. 99% of them earn their money from hard work and don’t appreciate others profiting off of they’re hard work by doing absolutely nothing. People don’t go to venues to see the venue. They go to the venue to see the artist. The venue makes money off the artists performing there. Artists have been getting screwed by promoters, producers, managers and ticket agencies since the beginning. There’s nothing wrong with an artist asking for profits from whatever is being sold at the venue due to them being there in the first place. You can blame the promoters for tickets costing in come cases thousands of dollars a seat. They are doing everything they can to exploit popular acts and make as much money off of them as possible. 

On 7/13/2023 at 6:53 PM, Draguns said:

Well my boss gives  his money away. He's much richer than  Axl, though. In fact, he's the 7th richest person in the world. 

That’s great. Ask him if he would like my Zelle information. 

• Haha 1

If that's true - fantastic.  If the venue is going to charge to sell merch / then the band should get a cut of the alcohol sales that wouldn't otherwise happen. 

Good merch = better sales // Good band, song, atmosphere = more alcohol sales /// win win for all

If I learned anything for the Michael Jordan shoe movie, you have to look out for your own best interest for lots of reasons. 

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

It’s easy to understand. 99% of them earn their money from hard work and don’t appreciate others profiting off of they’re hard work by doing absolutely nothing. People don’t go to venues to see the venue. They go to the venue to see the artist. The venue makes money off the artists performing there. Artists have been getting screwed by promoters, producers, managers and ticket agencies since the beginning. There’s nothing wrong with an artist asking for profits from whatever is being sold at the venue due to them being there in the first place. You can blame the promoters for tickets costing in come cases thousands of dollars a seat. They are doing everything they can to exploit popular acts and make as much money off of them as possible. 

Hahahaha

5 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

agreed.  and don't forget about bands getting absolutely zero percent of the knock off merch sales outside the stadium.  

and if that rumor about getting the booze sales is true, then that's probably why they play some many CD songs in their sets.  lol.  I swear every show I've been to, as soonas a cd song would come on people would race to the concessions stands.