Things you want to confess as a Guns N'Roses Fan? πŸ˜€

I JUST listened to Axl's Eulogy for Lisa Marie Presley today. In my,"Things that confuse you as a Guns N'Roses Fan?" I mentioned I was confused on which voice was Axl's real speaking voice because he has two different real speaking voices. A Poster responded something like,"Go check out Axl's Eulogy for Lisa Marie Presley at her Funeral and that's his real speaking voice. " I checked it out, and his Eulogy was really heartwarming and warm and heartfelt. πŸ˜€

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Then i bad recall? Now i trust you can investigate it.

I only know (from the obituary for one of his relatives) that in 2005 he lived in Florida. Doug Goldstein told Brando a couple of years ago that he was still alive. At least it doesn't look that he has been buried in the family grave next to Axl's mother (I don't know how recent these pictures are though).

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2023 at 1:47 PM, Karice said:

I must confess that I think it's time to get rid of the smoking Slash symbol for MYGNR. Slash doesn't smoke anymore and hasn't smoked in years after his Mother died from lung cancer or something like that, so Slash's emoji for MYGNR shouldn't be smoking either. He should just be smiling without a cigarette. Besides, Slash has said that seeing images of smoking triggers intense smoking cravings, wouldn't want the Slash smoking emoji on MYGNR Forum to trigger any intense smoking cravings for Slash, would we? πŸ€”

Even Slash's POP figure has a cigarette. It's an iconic part of his persona.Β 

71stxxo-HtL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpgΒ 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have both Autism and battle insomnia often, so a LOT of my threads on here  come off as weird. 😜 A prime example is when I started a thread about Google using an outdated picture of Axl from 2006 as the front page for him. Axl still had cornrows in that 2006 picture! 😜. Google has actually updated Axl's front page picture to circa 2016 which I didn't know when I started that thread. Thankfully the thread was deleted like 1 minute later. That would have been an embarrassing thread had it not been closed. A simple quick search to Google would have shown me right off the bat the picture has been updated. 

Edited by Karice

I love GNR, but man. Over the past couple of months I really stopped caring. I wouldn't even say they're my favorite band anymore - not even Top 5.

And this is different than usually. To me this band just feels like a dead horse (pun intended) and I'm really not holding my breath for anything they do anymore.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I love GNR, but man. Over the past couple of months I really stopped caring. I wouldn't even say they're my favorite band anymore - not even Top 5.

And this is different than usually. To me this band just feels like a dead horse (pun intended) and I'm really not holding my breath for anything they do anymore.

It's interesting you feel that way since MANY Fans say 2023 is actually the best year the Guns and the Rose have been in a long time and they feel a fiery spark that had been missing for a while.Β  πŸ€”

14 minutes ago, ezosk said:

i dislike most lyrics

The only Guns N'Roses lyrics I dislike are Cornshucker, Back Off Bitch, The General , One In A Million, Absurd. Those song lyrics are BAD, not bad ass. πŸ₯Ά

Edited by Karice
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Karice said:

It's interesting you feel that way since MANY Fans say 2023 is actually the best year the Guns and the Rose have been in a long time and they feel a fiery spark that had been missing for a while.Β  πŸ€”

It baffles me aswell. New songs are awesome and all, especially Perhaps. But if you exclude that, it's still the same 4 albums for years and years.

I'm not trying to shit on the band. I love them. But to me it feels like we're growing apart, as weird as that sounds. I stopped hoping for an album, I stopped checking the news and the setlists. I much rather listen to other stuff, like the idk 15 AC/DC albums that all sound the same (in the best way possible) excite me so much more.

38 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

It baffles me aswell. New songs are awesome and all, especially Perhaps. But if you exclude that, it's still the same 4 albums for years and years.

I'm not trying to shit on the band. I love them. But to me it feels like we're growing apart, as weird as that sounds. I stopped hoping for an album, I stopped checking the news and the setlists. I much rather listen to other stuff, like the idk 15 AC/DC albums that all sound the same (in the best way possible) excite me so much more.

On the now defunct GNFNR Website, Posters said they feel that Guns N'Roses should have been a oneΒ  album band and stopped after Appetite For Destruction album. I responded something like,"If Guns N'Roses had stopped after Appetite For Destruction album , we wouldn't have had the great Patience, Reckless Life, November Rain, Estranged, Civil War, Coma, Don't Cry, Perfect Crime, IRS, Right Next Door To Hell, Locomotive." The Posters responded something like,"I am not a huge fan of any of the songs you mentioned. Guns N'Roses became a complete joke after Appetite For Destruction album and it would have been better if they rested on their laurels permanently after the really great Appetite For Destruction album."Β 

On 12/2/2023 at 7:12 PM, History2010 said:

Even Slash's POP figure has a cigarette. It's an iconic part of his persona.Β 

71stxxo-HtL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpgΒ 

At first I was only focusing on Slash's face, the hat, hair,Β  the cigarette, and the glasses, and the guitar, but it occured to me that Slash's POPΒ  jeans are ripped. I don't recall the real Slash performing with ripped jeans. πŸ€”

Edited by Karice

When I saw the song title Out Ta Get Me, I assumed Out Ta Get Me was about Axl's inner war with himself, like Pink's Don't Let Me Get Me. πŸ€”πŸ’‘When I actually heard Out Ta Get Me, I quickly realized that it wasn't about Axl having an inner war with himself and it was about the Police being out to get him.πŸ€”Β πŸ’‘ Axl didΒ  sing about havingΒ  inner wars with himself in Use Your Illusions Albums however. πŸ€”πŸ’‘

Edited by Karice

A long time ago, I  saw the Slash takes way too long with guitar intro for Michael Jackson VMA. Michael gets confused.  The next day, I told some random girl about this thinking she'd be interested and she was like,"I don't care," and I felt miffed and felt like saying,"Wow, you are are so rude!" But I didn't. Boy, my Autism at times, thinking some random girl would care about Slash taking too long with the guitar intro at Michael Jackson VMA and Michael being confused! 😜

9 hours ago, Karice said:

A long time ago, I  saw the Slash takes way too long with guitar intro for Michael Jackson VMA. Michael gets confused.  The next day, I told some random girl about this thinking she'd be interested and she was like,"I don't care," and I felt miffed and felt like saying,"Wow, you are are so rude!" But I didn't. Boy, my Autism at times, thinking some random girl would care about Slash taking too long with the guitar intro at Michael Jackson VMA and Michael being confused! 😜

That was staged, MJ wasn't really angry, it was part of the act

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get why Guns N'Roses chose to have Axl have sex with Steven's girlfriend to record her moaning for Rocket Queen. Axl moans by himself in Welcome To The Jungle, so why not just have him moan by himself again for Rocket Queen? πŸ€”πŸ’‘πŸ€¨

Edited by Karice

15 minutes ago, Karice said:

I don't get why Guns N'Roses chose to have Axl have sex with Steven's girlfriend to record her moaning for Rocket Queen. Axl moans by himself in Welcome To The Jungle, so why not just have him moan by himself again for Rocket Queen? πŸ€”πŸ’‘πŸ€¨

Whose to say it wasn't Axl doing all that moaning on Rocket QueenΒ :lol:Β jk, but I guess just to have a good sleazy story to tellΒ 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Karice said:

Well I can't talk for all men but generally speaking if you have a choice between having sex and not having sex, your going to pick having sex lol. 😜

51 minutes ago, Karice said:

Β 

It's called shock value and helps selling. It was a popular thing back in the day to use studio equipment to record sex sessions. Prince did it with Vanity a couple of years earlier and sampled it in a song later. Just like he recorded and sampled Kim Basinger's moans. Boys will be boys... and when you're bored and have the technology, you're gonna get "creative" and record all kinds of things. And don't forget, they also recorded Matt Sorum's "initiation" when he joined Guns. Like I said, it was a popular thing back in the day, the times of Madonna and other artists who lived by the motto "sex sells".