Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Oh well, on Outapatience they were both on Anxious Disease

True, but not physically at the same time, and I think unbeknownst to each other to boot. Not the same... but similar. 

• Like 2

Just now, jamillos said:

True, but not physically at the same time, and I think unbeknownst to each other to boot. Not the same... but similar. 

Band kept if secret from both that they would be on the same song as they thought they wouldn't do it otherwise

• Like 2

Axl is going to sound awesome on this song. I had never heard this song before but it’s really good. I’ve never given much time to exploring the UFO catalogue but I know many rock fans think they are criminally underrated and appreciated. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

Axl is going to sound awesome on this song. I had never heard this song before but it’s really good. I’ve never given much time to exploring the UFO catalogue but I know many rock fans think they are criminally underrated and appreciated. 

Yeah i like it too, can't claim to have huge knowledge of there material but I did once see them support Megadeth and they were great live

Holy cow! Kai Hansen is also ok the record! That's the icing on the cake. Wishing he would have been on the song with Slash. 

For those that don't know, Kai Hansen is the original singer for Helloween. 

Excited for this project even if it's not a MSG - Michael Schenker Group original as I hoped. I believe Deniss Ward is the producer of the tribute and he's a class act. If he's producing then the production in this will be amazing.

7 minutes ago, Chuerta86 said:

Holy cow! Kai Hansen is also ok the record! That's the icing on the cake. Wishing he would have been on the song with Slash. 

For those that don't know, Kai Hansen is the original singer for Helloween. 

Excited for this project even if it's not a MSG - Michael Schenker Group original as I hoped. I believe Deniss Ward is the producer of the tribute and he's a class act. If he's producing then the production in this will be amazing.

Michael Voss is the producer.

• Blackstar changed the title to Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th
1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

It is, like everybody is saying, a fantastic song. Really glad this announcement made me discover this one. 

It's almost progrock to my ears.

Ugh, not liking it at all 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Michael Voss is the producer.

You are absolutely right, I got the name producer wrong. Dennis Ward does a lot of the Frontiers stuff as well as a lot of European Metal stuff like Helloween, Unisonic, Pink Cream 69.

Voss does the Michael Schenker stuff. Both are great, in my opinion. 

I’ve heard that Axl refused to sing so they did a piano ballad out of Love To Love :blink:

:awesomeface: Joking

I’ve heard shit

Edited by Free Bird

13 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Great news, looking forward to hear this. Just to know he's willing to get in and do some work that involves new vocals

Shocker if his only on to play the piano parts 😂

• Sad 1

I hope Axl's vocals are a full lead take, and not just backing and/or parts like on 2007 Sebastian Bach's Angel Down. 

Does anyone know if this will be a physical CD release, and if so, where I can pre-order it (if anywhere). Will get two copies. One for me, and one for my dad. My dad wants a new Guns album! We both agree it's a waste of a CD having only two songs on it. Gets boring fast.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I hope Axl's vocals are a full lead take, and not just backing and/or parts like on 2007 Sebastian Bach's Angel Down. 

Does anyone know if this will be a physical CD release, and if so, where I can pre-order it (if anywhere). Will get two copies. One for me, and one for my dad. My dad wants a new Guns album! We both agree it's a waste of a CD having only two songs on it. Gets boring fast.

https://www.amazon.com/Years-Ufo-Michael-Schenker-Group/dp/B0D6GZGD3D/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1