Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

16 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It would be interesting if this was a possiblity at one point and who wasn't having it.

Could be Schenker because if Axl and Slash were on the same track it would probably get all the attention for HIS release.

Or maybe just the Slash song already had vocals, since the Axl session took place about three weeks later.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

It would be interesting if this was a possiblity at one point and who wasn't having it.

Could be Schenker because if Axl and Slash were on the same track it would probably get all the attention for HIS release.

Honest question, do we think this is true? I kind of feel like the public at large forgot about the Slash/Axl feud after like a year of GNR being together. It’s been almost 10 years and they’ve already put out meh singles together, so I think the catchiness of a new Axl/Slash collab isn’t huge anymore.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bmus1 said:

Honest question, do we think this is true? I kind of feel like the public at large forgot about the Slash/Axl feud after like a year of GNR being together. It’s been almost 10 years and they’ve already put out meh singles together, so I think the catchiness of a new Axl/Slash collab isn’t huge anymore.

A collaboration on a great rock n roll tune would help to recollect ;)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bmus1 said:

I agree, I don't think it would matter. There is no novelty in Axl and Slash being on the same track anymore, they have released four new songs together. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bmus1 said:

Actually, I think it would be news if they were both on a song together. However, I think MSG asked them to play on songs that he thought might fit them. Love To Love seems to be an excellent choice for Axl’s current comfortable vocal range, and it didn’t have the need for two lead guitars. Some of those old UFO songs have spots where a second guitarist can shine. 
Man, I’m really excited to hear new Axl vocals!

2 hours ago, Spoon87 said:

As long as Bucket was still there too it's all good.

The original mixes with Bucket and Robin are far superior. They should really pull Bob Ludwig out of retirement to master the album. And get Mike Clink to produce. And get Izzy to co-rewrite the original songs. As long as Axl and Caram stay far away from producing or mixing. And bring back Matt on drums. Axl owes us this and more. Thank you for take care of us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2024 at 7:20 PM, Sweersa said:

Looking forward to this release! Hopefully we get another Guns single this year too. 

Considering the general scarce frequency and all that, I think it would be quite a waste to release something like Monsters without any supporting activities, like a tour or a proper video. I think it would be best to wait with this until immediately before the tour, to bolster the hype etc. 

Especially if they actually release this one as the next single, since it's the best one so far. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2