Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

6 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

It’s surprising that in a studio setting, where he has total control, multiple takes, pro tools etc he wasn’t happy with his performance but he’s happy to tour endlessly sounding like complete shit.

He's making more money sounding like shit:P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Axl himself confirmed to a fan who met him that the chorus backing vocals on the studio version of HardSkool are Duff.

Interesting, thanks for the intel! How long ago did that info get out? Near the release?

On 8/15/2024 at 3:00 PM, Zeppelin said:

He was only quick on someone else's schedule, honestly. He still hasn't even updated his own website.

And Michael was quite wink and nod "I can see why he's thought of as a Perfectionist"  paraphrasing....I wonder how much hassle Axl has been to allow this final mix on the album! Still time to pull it...he did the other 2 🤣

13 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

And Michael was quite wink and nod "I can see why he's thought of as a Perfectionist"  paraphrasing....I wonder how much hassle Axl has been to allow this final mix on the album! Still time to pull it...he did the other 2 🤣

I get what you mean about there being time to pull it, but i would expect that legally Axl would not have the right to do that, if he did then I think Love To Love would have been the first song dropped from the record but it wasn't and the first song dropped ages ago now.

On 8/15/2024 at 2:47 PM, rocknroll41 said:

No, Monsters was played on the loudspeakers at a party in Austria or Italy or something back in 2010. Everyone there thought it was The General, but we later found out it was Monsters, which is likely also Soul Monster/ Leave Me Alone (and not Me & My Elvis, like we thought before).

Axl himself confirmed to a fan who met him that the chorus backing vocals on the studio version of HardSkool are Duff.

Is there any concrete evidence?

22 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Compare Rock the Rock to how he sounded live in 2019. I think he's deliberately holding back live to save his voice for the studio.

Considering he didn't want to release two of the three songs he recorded for the UFO album due to the vocals not being good enough, I wonder what he's holding back? :lol:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Considering he didn't want to release two of the three songs he recorded for the UFO album due to the vocals not being good enough, I wonder what he's holding back? :lol:

The rasp. They said he popped in quick to record three songs. Rushing himself is not the same as being unable to sing well.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, betterman said:

Read an interview with Schenker and he kinda blamed Axl for taking so long time and he had to postpone the album a bit. Axl promised to deliver but the first month went and heard nothing back, then another month but when he finally delivered Schenker was superhappy with the result 

Typical Axl. Schenker obviously has no idea what’s going on. Waiting for Axl two months is like him being on time 😂

• Haha 4

Probably wanted to do another ten "Vox +1dB, no bass" versions but wasn’t provided enough time, so said "forget the blackjack and hookers... ah, screw the whole thing" instead and scrapped it. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1