Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I just got an email from Amazon regarding my order of this CD and they said (basically) they apologize but the release date has changed. They didn’t say when, but said they will inform me when they know the new delivery date. I’m guessing it’s past the original delivery date and not earlier. 

Could it be just something with the delivery and not the release date?

On 8/27/2024 at 11:22 PM, Blackstar said:

Which singer was the most difficult to involve?

- Axl Rose had agreed to do it, but then followed... How can I say it, he wasn't happy with his effort at first, so he asked for more time. He wanted to make it as good as possible. He had chosen "Love to love", which is an important and difficult song to sing. There was first a month's delay, then another. Axl wanted to be able to stand behind his effort on "Love to love" 100 percent. When he was finally satisfied with what he had done, I got to hear it and it sounded absolutely amazing.

Plot twist:

Axl is still unhappy with "Love to love". He had taken a five million dollar loan, rented Abbey Road Studios till the end of the year to put finishing touches on Love to love. So it will come out, you'll see it, I donno if soon is the word. 

11 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Plot twist:

Axl is still unhappy with "Love to love". He had taken a five million dollar loan, rented Abbey Road Studios till the end of the year to put finishing touches on Love to love. So it will come out, you'll see it, I donno if soon is the word. 

I know someone who mixed an album there, didn't cost 5 mil :D, but tbf that was done in a day, not till the end of the year, that would cost a lot for sure lol. The old Village studio desk is in the north of France now they should mix it there to give that locker vibe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spoon87 said:

:laugh:

Maybe Michael Schenker was so impressed by GNRs release standards that it's going to be on some jukebox thingy first?

'We're not sure how to release albums in today's world, we're going to try dive bar jukeboxes, online leaks and delayed vinyl, see if it catches fire'

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Could it be just something with the delivery and not the release date?

I initially thought that, but I think it’s delayed from release.
Maybe Axl touched up the other two songs for their inclusion? Doubtful, but wouldn’t it be great to hear him on more than one track?

My new Amazon estimated delivery date is October 8. Wouldn’t it be cool if Axl polished up the other two songs he did, for inclusion on this CD? They were not on the advanced copy of the CD is my understanding.

21 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

My new Amazon estimated delivery date is October 8. Wouldn’t it be cool if Axl polished up the other two songs he did, for inclusion on this CD? They were not on the advanced copy of the CD is my understanding.

You have way to high expectations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I initially thought that, but I think it’s delayed from release.
Maybe Axl touched up the other two songs for their inclusion? Doubtful, but wouldn’t it be great to hear him on more than one track?

This delay would be manufacturing or something like that, not an Axl issue. 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

They need to talk to Taylor Swift!

or metallicca, or the stones, or green day, or,, or, or, or, or, or...........................................................................................................................................

• Like 2

Eddie Trunk mentioned on his show yesterday that he has an advance copy and has heard it. He said Axl sounds good on love to love. If advance copies are out hope it hits the internet soon. 

Edited by Arnuld
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Trunk again. Dunno why but I'm kinda tired of this guy. Always knowing stuff in advance, always in the know... but really? And what's the advantage his listeners have out of this, btw? None. Zero. "Hey, I've already heard it, I have special access!" Yeah? Then leak it or fuck off, you tosser.

The interviews were great in 06 and 11, but that's history.

Sorry, hangovered and angry/hungry.

Eddie Trunk loves to talk about two things more than anything, his "famous friends" and more recently his awesome second home in Vegas.

• Like 3