Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

21 hours ago, Illusion1987 said:

Maddy at the VMAs was awesome. 

Going into the release of CD, that was the song I was looking forward to hearing the most 

Then we got an old man's gravely voice and it ruined it. I was actually thinking....why didn't he sing it like he did in the VMAs or any of the live versions?

So much better!

Old man gravelly voice is what made Axl famous. A la November Rain

• Like 1

Madagascar was the highlight of the VMA performance, but that's a low bar. That performance on its own isn't great but there were plenty of great ones in 2002, that and The Blues often had a nice mix of clean/rasp with tons of power, I can see why the studio vocals threw people off.

As for a leak, I don't know why people are expecting to hear the song early. We'll get it when it's out in New Zealand, when it's supposed to be heard. This isn't a GNR release :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Madagascar was the highlight of the VMA performance, but that's a low bar. That performance on its own isn't great but there were plenty of great ones in 2002, that and The Blues often had a nice mix of clean/rasp with tons of power, I can see why the studio vocals threw people off.

As for a leak, I don't know why people are expecting to hear the song early. We'll get it when it's out in New Zealand, when it's supposed to be heard. This isn't a GNR release :lol:

You mean it’s NOT already on the jukeboxes?? :wow:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Old man gravelly voice is what made Axl famous. A la November Rain

No...that was still a young fresh gravely voice.

Madagascar was clearly an older more worn out voice. Like a grandpa singing it and again,  it was one of the most anticipated songs on the album for me.

Had it been as crisp as NR, it really would have elevated the song.