Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

55 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

I am not sure what some of you want?  He sounds really good on the song.  It's not his song, so you can't say anything negativity that part.  Seems like some of you think we are going to get a 1989 voice from a 60 something year old who never took care of his voice.  ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I would take 10 new songs with this voice and be extremely happy

Just want Axls vocals with no FX on them

Just look at hard school for example.

The studio official version  sounds like crap compared to the vocal mix on the rough cut

44 minutes ago, --DEA-- said:

Clearly many stupid folks on this forum. And clearly they do not understand music.. 

Yes of course people who don't like a song you do must be stupid in some way.

I like Vanilla Ice cream, some people don't, but they do like chocolate (which I happen to not like). Clearly many stupid folks don't like the flavour I do and don't understand food.

• Haha 1

Too long of an intro, kinda have to speed it up a bit…. But I like this song  a lot…. Especially the ending vocals. In the end guys, this is Michael Schenker’s album, not Axl’s and Michael has the last say. I also like what Slash did on Mother Mary.

• Like 1

Something that seems to have been overlooked so far is he's using his 'clean' voice for the most part. That's not something we've ever heard in a studio recording before (Rock the Rock aside, it's been nearly two decades since we've heard a fresh cut).

There's obviously some, erm, 'production' going on, but it's not as dramatic as many seem to think. His voice is just entirely different to what we're used to or might expect.

• Like 1

The Slash song is better, that Swedish singer fucking rips it. 

Axl's voice has changed but it still has character and if he plays to its strengths, it'll be fine.

I don't like the voice effects on The General at all. Love to Love is okay.

Maybe he should stack his vocals like Rock the Rock if he's worried about not having enough grit or rasp?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

“Axl is a perfectionist,” Schenker says in the new issue of Classic Rock. “He puts everything under the microscope. He was not happy with his performance on Too Hot To Handle and Only You Can Rock Me, but he did such a great version of Love To Love.

“He would go back into the studio and do something else: ‘It’s not right yet, it’s not right yet!’ We waited and waited, and eventually, he got it. It’s a really good song for Axl to sing."

https://www.loudersound.com/news/michaerl-schenker-axl-rose-love-to-love

If this is what perfection looks like, then it is a poor example, lol. I don't know how anyone can put this under a microscope and think it is great. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If this is what perfection looks like, then it is a poor example, lol. I don't know how anyone can put this under a microscope and think it is great. 

I don't think anyone IS doing that BUT now there's is some hope....which is elating folk.

6 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

Yes of course people who don't like a song you do must be stupid in some way.

I like Vanilla Ice cream, some people don't, but they do like chocolate (which I happen to not like). Clearly many stupid folks don't like the flavour I do and don't understand food.

You compare music with ice cream. 

On 9/19/2024 at 10:46 PM, PrimalScream said:

I can think about the ending of Lazarus while listening to the outro. Not identical, but similar in feel

It is of course Andy Warhol! It came out prior to Love to Love. Metallica also paid homage to this iconic riff in Master of Puppets. 

• Like 1

Personally, I think Love to Love sounds great overall. I do think the original is better paced than this version, but Axl sounds good. And, UFO has always been a guitar-first band, so Axl was going to be just a piece of the puzzle and not the star attraction.

Honestly, this thread kind of makes it obvious that many people have never listened to UFO before, meaning they have not heard the best live rock album of all time.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Something that seems to have been overlooked so far is he's using his 'clean' voice for the most part. That's not something we've ever heard in a studio recording before

The majority of Chinese is a clean voice and there's elements of it throughout the Guns catalogue, we've just not heard that voice age over the last 20 years

1 hour ago, marksam91 said:

Honestly, this thread kind of makes it obvious that many people have never listened to UFO before, meaning they have not heard the best live rock album of all time.

That's a big claim, good sir! What are we talking here? Strangers in the Night? Don't think I've heard it, but most bands I listen to I gravitate towards the live stuff. I'll throw that on later this evening.