Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

21 hours ago, Chuerta86 said:

Holy cow! Kai Hansen is also ok the record! That's the icing on the cake. Wishing he would have been on the song with Slash. 

For those that don't know, Kai Hansen is the original singer for Helloween. 

Excited for this project even if it's not a MSG - Michael Schenker Group original as I hoped. I believe Deniss Ward is the producer of the tribute and he's a class act. If he's producing then the production in this will be amazing.

and above all the singer of Gamma Ray...I recommend all metal fans to listen to their album Sigh No More.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gnrrocks1 said:

I appreciate it! Ordered two copies. I'm excited for this. I listened to the old version of the song and I believe it will be an amazing tune for Axl. I hope he sings multiple different ways on it like he does on Civil War, Patience, Don't Cry, Monsters, Scraped, Sorry, Hard Skool, etc. I like his variety of different singing styles, a "fire and ice" feel, if you will. 

As has been jokingly referred to in this thread, we will probably get his Absurd style of singing! :P (Just kidding, I don't expect that)

Shame Slash is not on the song with Axl

"Natural Thing" featuring Dee Snider and Joel Hoekstra

"Only You Can Rock Me" featuring Joey Tempest and Roger Glover

"Doctor, Doctor" featuring Joe Lynn Turner and Carmine Appice

"Mother Mary" featuring Slash and Erik Grönwall

"This Kids" featuring Biff Byford

"Love to Love" featuring Axl Rose

"Lights Out" featuring Jeff Scott Soto and John Norum

"Rock Bottom" featuring Kai Hansen

"Too Hot to Handle" featuring Joe Lynn Turner, Adrian Vandenberg, and Carmine Appice

"Let It Roll" featuring Michael Voss

"Shoot, Shoot" featuring Stephen Pearcy

On 6/17/2024 at 9:45 PM, DeNfr said:

that's a good song, it will give us a good idea of how Axl sounds in studio these days

He'll probably sound great on the piano :lol:

I'm glad it's a song without very high pitched vocals. Hopefully this means Axl will use his lower register.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

He'll probably sound great on the piano :lol:

I'm glad it's a song without very high pitched vocals. Hopefully this means Axl will use his lower register.

If he’s able to use his signature voice in a studio setting he should go for it. It’s not like he has to sing it live on his own shows night for night.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steff_66 said:

Slash's song is already online: 

Slash sounds very good here, probably helps that he's got Michael Schenker breathing down his neck, who is still an incredible player

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Slash sounds very good here, probably helps that he's got Michael Schenker breathing down his neck, who is still an incredible player

Agree nice work from slash here.

Seems like Slash has found his groove again with this and the blues album.

23 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

I hope the Axl version of the song is MUCH better than the UFO version...theirs kinda sucks. 

And their fans think that song should be up there with Stairway to Heaven...lol

I honestly think its a very good song and a great one for Axl to show his multi registered chops!!!

No need for comparisons

Edited by Alejandro GNR
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I honestly think its a very good song and a great one for Axl to show his multi registered chops!!!

No need for comparisons

If Axl really gives it his all, he will put the orginal to shame. I only wish Slash was also on it.

There's a reason that song is not known by the masses.

Edited by Illusion1987

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

It's a great song for Axl. Would have been a logical choice for a GnR cover, it's right up his alley.

And a perfect fit for Slash too in combination with Axl. Another lost opportunity in this regard but this time it isn’t their fault. 

40 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

And a perfect fit for Slash too in combination with Axl. Another lost opportunity in this regard but this time it isn’t their fault. 

It would be interesting if this was a possiblity at one point and who wasn't having it.

Could be Schenker because if Axl and Slash were on the same track it would probably get all the attention for HIS release.

• Like 4