Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

6 hours ago, Arnuld said:

Eddie Trunk mentioned on his show yesterday that he has an advance copy and has heard it. He said Axl sounds good on love to love. If advance copies are out hope it hits the internet soon. 

Trunk usually oversells everything so I'm quite unsure if him only saying Axl sounds "good" is a...good sign.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, EvH said:

Trunk usually oversells everything so I'm suite unsure if him only saying Axl sounds "good" is a...good sign.

He’s still salty because Axl never gave him that interview. Honestly I think if Axl has signed this off we’ll love it.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

He’s still salty because Axl never gave him that interview. Honestly I think if Axl has signed this off we’ll love it.

I hope ! Can't wait to hear the redhead again :axl:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 8/30/2024 at 3:59 AM, ©GnrPersia said:

Plot twist:

Axl is still unhappy with "Love to love". He had taken a five million dollar loan, rented Abbey Road Studios till the end of the year to put finishing touches on Love to love. So it will come out, you'll see it, I donno if soon is the word. 

Is it a plot twist if we were all expecting it, though? :lol:

• Haha 1

On 8/28/2024 at 6:26 AM, Tom2112 said:

I disagree, Axl is the biggest name by a country mile. Because he's on the record, Schenker will be getting interview requests and exposure that he wouldn't have without Axl.

Obviously it's true that Axl's voice is not for everyone, but it's also true that millions upon millions love his voice and gnr, so while UFO fans might gasp there's plenty of others that will only hear about this album because Axl is on it. I'm not suggesting that this record is going to sell 10 million copies, I'm just saying it will have those extra eyes on it 

Slash also brings attention but he's in so many compilations that it's not really news. Who else on that record creates headlines like Axl? Incredible singers/players etc but none of them have Axl Rose star power or media interest. 

Maybe if Axl tours with him it will create more interest... but a one-off appearance on his album isn't gonna move the needle too much these days. Hell, Axl did 3 songs on Angel Down when he was still one of the best rock singers on the planet, and that album didn't exactly light up the charts :lol:

It's cool that he's done this guest spot, but I think people will move past it pretty quickly, the same sites that are interested in GNR will probably have already done or lined up interviews with Michael, I don't think Axl is bringing that much exposure at this point...

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Maybe if Axl tours with him it will create more interest... but a one-off appearance on his album isn't gonna move the needle too much these days. Hell, Axl did 3 songs on Angel Down when he was still one of the best rock singers on the planet, and that album didn't exactly light up the charts :lol:

It's cool that he's done this guest spot, but I think people will move past it pretty quickly, the same sites that are interested in GNR will probably have already done or lined up interviews with Michael, I don't think Axl is bringing that much exposure at this point...

It's hard to say, and now that Schenker has chosen not to release the song before the album it's even less likely that he'll get much more exposure. 

I don't think Schenker will be the cover of RS over this album or anything, I'm just saying Axl gives it a few more eyes. I also think the Axl song will have more interest than any other songs, whether it's the best or worst on the album.

Getting a live performance out of him would be the golden ticket though, but I don't know how likely that is... Outside of Axl just wanting to do it.

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

It's hard to say, and now that Schenker has chosen not to release the song before the album it's even less likely that he'll get much more exposure. 

I don't think Schenker will be the cover of RS over this album or anything, I'm just saying Axl gives it a few more eyes. I also think the Axl song will have more interest than any other songs, whether it's the best or worst on the album.

Getting a live performance out of him would be the golden ticket though, but I don't know how likely that is... Outside of Axl just wanting to do it.

Might have been on the AFD podcast, Michael mentioned possibly touring with Axl in Japan.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, axl666 said:

It's kind of interesting the songs Axl has covered over the last few years. This and Wichita Lineman are almost AOR; Sailing as well when he used to do it. An then more recently joining Billy Joel.

Whereas when you think of CD, he was super interested in hooking up with obscure punk musicians and underground californian metal virtuosos. It's a real shift.

I wonder is he going back to the music he would have listened to when he was young; or is it a more recent change in what he's interested in?

It seems reunion on....AC/DC....a early fav and influence of his too....

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 8:54 AM, Voodoochild said:

I wonder if they'll release it as a single before the album comes out.

It's a bummer the other two songs Axl was on didn't make it, even if two of the three made it, that would have really helped, I bet in that case they would have released one with Axl as a single. "Here's a single with Axl, the album has another song with Axl on it!" (or two, if all three made it).

It would be great if Axl touched up the other two songs later, and they figured out a way to release them in the future, maybe on an extended or "Target Exclusive" with bonus tracks or whatever. They obviously wanted the songs to be part of the album as they picked them for Axl, unless Axl selected them. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sweersa said:

It's a bummer the other two songs Axl was on didn't make it, even if two of the three made it, that would have really helped, I bet in that case they would have released one with Axl as a single. "Here's a single with Axl, the album has another song with Axl on it!" (or two, if all three made it).

It would be great if Axl touched up the other two songs later, and they figured out a way to release them in the future, maybe on an extended or "Target Exclusive" with bonus tracks or whatever. They obviously wanted the songs to be part of the album as they picked them for Axl, unless Axl selected them. 

Axl will use words recorded from those two tracks to cut and paste onto future new guns n roses singles to avoid recording anything new vocally with the nitl lineup 🤭

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, vloors said:

Axl will use words recorded from those two tracks to cut and paste onto future new guns n roses singles to avoid recording anything new vocally with the nitl lineup 🤭

On a new version of Eye On You perhaps now the "heys" have been removed and used on Hard Skool. 

14 hours ago, vloors said:

When the next reunion single releases, we'll all be sitting around saying "Hey, that vocal line that goes "we've got fun and games" sounds really familiar..."

On 8/30/2024 at 10:05 PM, jamillos said:

Trunk again. Dunno why but I'm kinda tired of this guy. Always knowing stuff in advance, always in the know... but really? And what's the advantage his listeners have out of this, btw? None. Zero. "Hey, I've already heard it, I have special access!" Yeah? Then leak it or fuck off, you tosser.

The interviews were great in 06 and 11, but that's history.

Sorry, hangovered and angry/hungry.

Yeah he's super annoying. Always going on about the same nonsense online, like bands using tracks vs playing live, super bowl not having a rock band for the halftime show, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah he's super annoying. Always going on about the same nonsense online, like bands using tracks vs playing live, super bowl not having a rock band for the halftime show, etc.

He doesn't like bands using tracks, but wants to see a rock band mime through the halftime show? :lol:

• ABSUЯD 1