Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

10 hours ago, DannyVinyard said:

The good version from the 90's or the boring version since 2000?

I cant find the review anymore, but will post the source if I see it again. There is beginning to be a lot of reviews for this album and some mention Axl Rose as solid and good, and at least nobody has said anything negative in that regard.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

I agree...the way he sung that song  on the album ruined. 

Compare the album style to the VMA singing style 

Yeah VMA's get criticism and rightly so, but not the Madagascar bit, the way he sang it there with the clean voice was great and that's how the studio version should have been. I even think the synth Dizzy stuff sounded better than Beltrami's work. Even live the 2002 versions were far better than later versions, Boston especially. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

WTF are y'all smokin? Maddy sounded horrendous at the VMAs. Axl could barely squeak out the vocals at all. Sounded weak as hell.

Maddy at the VMAs was awesome. 

Going into the release of CD, that was the song I was looking forward to hearing the most 

Then we got an old man's gravely voice and it ruined it. I was actually thinking....why didn't he sing it like he did in the VMAs or any of the live versions?

So much better!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1