Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

1 hour ago, Illusion1987 said:

No...that was still a young fresh gravely voice.

Madagascar was clearly an older more worn out voice. Like a grandpa singing it and again,  it was one of the most anticipated songs on the album for me.

Had it been as crisp as NR, it really would have elevated the song.

He did it on purpose, but in any case, it was the only point (except for the intro scream) with rasp, i.e. actually resembling the old Axl. It was pretty cool, all things considered (TM)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heather14 said:

Michael Schenker is talking about his world tour in 2025, and he said Axl is interested in Japan with them. Does that imply GNR is scheduling a tour in Asia next year? Otherwise, I can’t see the reason why Axl brings up Japan, not somewhere in the US.

https://bravewords.com/news/michael-schenker-to-tour-europe-in-2025-with-vocalist-erik-gronwall-axl-rose-is-interested-in-doing-japan-with-us-audio

https://youtu.be/tWfT2_hgmIY?si=1LMBviM8QTfNH3FB

They talk about touring around 13:20

I have a rumour from a guy who works for a promoter that Guns will be in Prague next summer, the same venue as the last time. Don't quote me on that. :) 
Edit: Also IM and the Stones.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Two things:
1) Axl still can whip it out in the studio apparently. So much for that discussion. 
2) Whoever the journalist was who said you almost couldn’t recognize him if you didn’t know it was him, is either deaf, stupid, or hadn’t heard Axl in 30 years. 

I agree, but there are some verses where the original sounds pretty similar...we are fans so we really identify every little detail of Axls singing...

He sounds older but absolutely fantastic

• Like 1

Vocals are good but it seems Axl is hesitant to release any kind of vocals these days without a ton of processing being applied. Even with the recent GNR singles where the vocals are decades old he added a bunch of effects compared to the Village leaks. I always think of the bit in the '06 Trunk interview where Bach says how much he hates ProTools and Axl flatly responds he doesn't agree.

• Like 4