Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Absolutely. Axl didn't spend that much effort on these songs to not release them, and everything seems to go according to the somewhat loose plan described by Slash and Duff. It just takes time. But more music will come, I am sure :) 

Slash has never been wrong about the GNR plans themselves, but it’s evident the time frames do change. The singles are still coming out piece by piece, and I remember him talking about working on the UYI boxset months before it was officially unveiled. So they always come to fruition, but maybe not as quickly as initially envisioned (which could play into the hypothetical delay of “Monsters” from last year.)

Edited by gnfr20179
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Those Chinese leftover vocals are all 20 years old.

I was saying the last chance we have to hear "new" Axl vocals is probably "Children of the Revolution."  Other than that, it seems it's just this song and Rock the Rock.

Depressing....

Maybe they’ll get in the studio for that spiritual sequel to “Civil War” that Duff cooked up… I personally would love to hear it.

22 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Those Chinese leftover vocals are all 20 years old.

I was saying the last chance we have to hear "new" Axl vocals is probably "Children of the Revolution."  Other than that, it seems it's just this song and Rock the Rock.

Depressing....

Hmm? That's not what you said at all, this is what you said: 

"Honest to god, our very last hope for a final send-off song at this point is the "Children of the Revolution" cover.  I hope it sees the light of day."

Nothing about new vocals. ..

That being said, I agree with you that the chance of new vocals on any GN'R song is getting pretty small now. Not because I think he is necessarily not motivated to work on new music, just because he is more motivated to get the old songs out (and they don't need new vocals) and because he underestimate how long that's gonna take him and as a consequence how little time left he will have to work on new music with a voice that is just getting weaker the older he gets. 

• Like 1

And he used 2 months for this?? Should have done it in one take with all the imperfections, would have sounded better. Maybe used two layers here and there..

Its baffling me that he used so much time for these relatively few vocal lines and that he is happy with the way they sound. 

It is a lot of compression by my ears and it may sound decent without whatever filters being used, sounds badly produced

7 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

There is, without question, pitch correction, for one thing. You can hear it snap to pitch in more than one place.

There's not that much reverb either, and compression doesn't change how something sounds like that. You can find a compressed MP3 of any other Guns song on Youtube and it doesn't make him sound like that.

Here's Patience uploaded on a potato in 144p:

Axl still sounds the same, just shit quality.

I’m sorry, but you’re wrong. I’m not talking about digital file compression. And it’s very clear how much reverb he used - you can hear for yourself if you isolate his vocals. 

Also not sure about melodyne/pitch correction to a point that it distorts it. I’m sure he could have used it, but for minor correction, not for shaping the performance. 

• Like 1

There is a bit of effects going on in his voice but this is the first studio recording of Axl in a long time along with perhaps that gave me that illusion voice feels. Definitely not prime Axl but there is a hint of it there with the rasp. I would take this processed rasp any day over his Mickey whine.

• Like 1

Well, I guess we now know what Mickey Axl sounds like in studio.. pretty bad lol 

13 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

giphy.gif

Asking for PMs in the thread is also a big NO.

You guys are lucky Russ isn't here, warning points would be flying! :lol:

I wasn't asking for a link! Im just lonely and want someone to PM me :ph34r:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Comparatively, I thought NR from the funeral was pretty bad…I mean, the emotion he sang with was good, but it was very thin. This sounds strong to me. But, to each their own. 

I agree that he sounded very thin back then, but i recognized the same tones and weathered sound in it, stronger indeed

• Like 1

Having just listened to the full song, his vocals do sound overly processed in parts, but it’s still pretty impressive because it was recorded recently. Either last year, or this year wasn’t it? 

He can still conjure up some nice studio rasp when he wants to. Even that mini scream he does before the outro solo sounds pretty fucken cool.

• Like 2

I like the UFO original better, but that's just personal preference.

It's an kind of an overlooked song right at home with Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Queen and other 70's rock, the original that is.

Schenker is a phenomenal guitar player, did great stuff when he was in The Scorpions and even better stuff in his other projects. I can totally see how Axl agreed to be part of this.

Axl sounds alright to me here, no complaints. I like it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1