Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

5 hours ago, betterman said:

And he used 2 months for this?? Should have done it in one take with all the imperfections, would have sounded better. Maybe used two layers here and there..

Its baffling me that he used so much time for these relatively few vocal lines and that he is happy with the way they sound. 

It is a lot of compression by my ears and it may sound decent without whatever filters being used, sounds badly produced

It took two months because he probably sang one line per day 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

It should not take two months to do three songs

my point  still stands 

I wasn't taking it away from you, I was just pointing it out. Considering how much time stuff takes him, this is an improvement! 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t even really be that disappointed if it was just Mickey. I’ve been to 2023 concerts, I’ve watched lots of videos, I know how bad his voice is. There are ways to work with it. The Mickey voice can even be done okay at times. But the horrendous over-processing is what kills it for me specifically. It sounds amateurish and embarassing, and completely takes me out of the enjoyment of the song. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I wouldn’t even really be that disappointed if it was just Mickey. I’ve been to 2023 concerts, I’ve watched lots of videos, I know how bad his voice is. There are ways to work with it. The Mickey voice can even be done okay at times. But the horrendous over-processing is what kills it for me specifically. It sounds amateurish and embarassing, and completely takes me out of the enjoyment of the song. 

Why can't Axl just accept reality and use his fucking baritone? Nearly everything he does would be better with it, and he wouldn't need to make up for poor vocals with all the processing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Why can't Axl just accept reality and use his fucking baritone? Nearly everything he does would be better with it, and he wouldn't need to make up for poor vocals with all the processing. 

I agree that he should use his baritone more often now, yeah.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Yeah, it's not even the fact it's processed that annoys me personally, it's just done so badly that it's distracting lol. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Have you guys listened to the previous singles? The vocals fit the production perfectly.

I can’t understand the positive reviews for this as I’m finding it really difficult to listen to. My main complaint is the diction. 

“Night bars, guitars, rundown motels like shacks” for example is impossible to understand. Sounds like he says sacks. 

I’m guessing he didn’t re-record the vocals after the initial studio session he just worked on them with effects/protools. The result is like they’ve been inserted over the track. 

16 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

It's a colossal letdown.  I know some people are trying to convince themselves that it's not, but it is.

What a garbage song.  Axl's voice is only in about 2:30 of the song...the rest is just pure wankery.  Boring as shit to sit through.

It's so ridiculous that the last "decent" known recording of one of the greatest voices in rock history is gonna turn out to be that insipid throwaway cartoon song, but there it is.  At least he sounded like himself on that song.   This just showcases his deflated, weak, decimated old man voice.

It suddenly makes sobering sense why he never released a proper single after the reunion:  he can't.

"Rock the Rock" was recorded after Slash and Duff returned, wasn't it?

Also, goddamn, this was a brutal assessment of the song. lol

I'm looking forward to the day (if it ever comes) where we have new GNR or Axl songs with newly recorded vocals. I just hope they hire a professional to mix and master.

Edited by GnR Chris