Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

I wasn't taking it away from you, I was just pointing it out. Considering how much time stuff takes him, this is an improvement! 

What do you mean an improvement?

Axl only has like 4 or 5 lines in the whole song the rest repeated.

Axls vocals are only like 2-3 mins of the song.  it took him that long to just do those few vocals, that is instanity

It should take a couple of hours tops 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why would you think he is done? A single just came out with brand new vocals from him that are getting positive reviews. If anything, this proves he is not done. 

Like I said, haven't heard it myself.

But if most guys and girls on mygnr post like they did in this thread it's VERY likely that the vocals are bad. He sounds like shit since years live,  studio magic can only do so much.

38 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

What do you mean an improvement?

Axl only has like 4 or 5 lines in the whole song the rest repeated.

Axls vocals are only like 2-3 mins of the song.  it took him that long to just do those few vocals, that is instanity

It should take a couple of hours tops 

By improvement I meant those just a couple of weeks/months. Normally it's years/decades. Lighten up, man. 

9 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Like I said, haven't heard it myself.

But if most guys and girls on mygnr post like they did in this thread it's VERY likely that the vocals are bad. He sounds like shit since years live,  studio magic can only do so much.

I don't think Axl makes his decision on whether "he is done" based on what people on mygnrforum thinks about his performance rather than what reviewers think :) He'd be crazy to give much thought to what people here think. 

Well... I was expecting the worst and to hate it, but I didn't.

I actually thought Axl sounded fine and better than he did on that stupid Rock the Rock.. Now that crap was over processed and layered.

I don't know this song and thought it was pretty good at first listen. The worst part for me was the piano, not Axl.  Other than that, it was cool hearing Axl and Slash together on a song again and I liked it better than any of those last 4 singles released under the GnR name. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I actually thought Axl sounded fine and better than he did on that stupid Rock the Rock.. Now that crap was over processed and layered.

I don't know this song and thought it was pretty good at first listen. The worst part for me was the piano, not Axl.  Other than that, it was cool hearing Axl and Slash together on a song again and I liked it better than any of those last 4 singles released under the GnR name. 

That's not Slash? He's on a different track.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash is not on this song he is on another one off the album though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I also prefer this vocal take vs Rock the Rock which sounds really weird

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rindmelon said:

Here is a visual way of seeing the amount of vocals on the track.

l2l.jpg

Did you isolate the vocals?

I used audacity to make an edit of just the singing parts, "A" and "B".  I didn't feel like sitting through all the boring parts just to hear Axl for a few minutes.  I'm quite pleased with my little edit, but I don't know how to isolate vocals.  If you've done it successfully, I wanna hear it!

Edited by estrangedtwat

16 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Did you isolate the vocals?

I used audacity to make an edit of just the singing parts, "A" and "B".  I didn't feel like sitting through all the boring parts just to hear Axl for a few minutes.  I'm quite pleased with my little edit, but I don't know how to isolate vocals.  If you've done it successfully, I wanna hear it!

Will send when I get chance yeah

Listened a few times today to Axl and the original version. (I'm not familiar with the song) 

On balance it's a good cover in my view. His voice clearly isn't what it used to be but it sounds good on this. I also think he's doing all he can with this particular song.... Respectful to the original version. Not sure what else people wanted from it? 

Good tune..may listen to some more UFO stuff...

• Like 2