Axl recording session in London - UPD.: M. Schenker's UFO tribute album (ft. Axl and Slash) to be released on Sept. 20th

• 2 weeks later...

Is the announcement coming in days, weeks, months?  I've been highly anticipating this release since last summer.  A Slash/Axl recording not mixed by Axl/Caram will be interesting.  Plus the rumored song cover is a legit great song.

1 hour ago, Macho Vidal said:

Is the announcement coming in days, weeks, months?  I've been highly anticipating this release since last summer.  A Slash/Axl recording not mixed by Axl/Caram will be interesting.  Plus the rumored song cover is a legit great song.

Maybe they’re waiting for Axl to mix his vocals.

We’ll never listen to it if that’s the case.

• ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Maybe they’re waiting for Axl to mix his vocals.

We’ll never listen to it if that’s the case.

Lucky us Michael Voss mixed all Schenker's upcoming releases, so hopefully we get the release date soon. 

• 1 month later...

Erik Gronwall (ex-H.E.A T., ex-Skid Row) just posted on his IG about a new Schenker tune featuring him on vocals and Slash on guitar. The song is UFO's Mother Mary and it's coming out June 19th. So hopefully we expect news for the song Axl is featured in. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8J01p8saRk/?igsh=cGU0d3NkcG94YW5j

*Edit: the post was deleted.*

Edited by Stiven.DxN.10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guys remember this was a bit of flurry of activity for old Axl...wasn't he spotted in the studio in Oslo too with different folks with the now infamous deleted post of guys who were claiming to be working on unreleased GNR mixes and it sounded like classic GNR....

Was it just (at the time unreleased) "Perhaps" and the "The General" and maybe "Monsters" too? Or do we think there was more to those sessions? Are they credited on the final mixes ? @Blackstar

Or what was Axl working on? Demo vocals before he went and met Schenker shortly after? Or other not yet released GNR tracks that Slash had finished his work on? Wonder if it was these guys that had a hand in us getting Monsters....since they were a bit loose lipped. On that note, wonder if they'd confirm on Insta or whatever that what came out was what they worked on....or anything yet to come? 🤷

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Guys remember this was a bit of flurry of activity for old Axl...wasn't he spotted in the studio in Oslo too with different folks with the now infamous deleted post of guys who were claiming to be working on unreleased GNR mixes and it sounded like classic GNR....

Was it just (at the time unreleased) "Perhaps" and the "The General" and maybe "Monsters" too? Or do we think there was more to those sessions? Are they credited on the final mixes ? @Blackstar

Or what was Axl working on? Demo vocals before he went and met Schenker shortly after? Or other not yet released GNR tracks that Slash had finished his work on? Wonder if it was these guys that had a hand in us getting Monsters....since they were a bit loose lipped. On that note, wonder if they'd confirm on Insta or whatever that what came out was what they worked on....or anything yet to come? 🤷

All great questions! For all we know, they were working on The General and Monsters. Or it could have been Quick Song and Berlin, or perhaps entirely new or songs we have not heard about. 

14 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

No, they are not credited (apparently Axl and Slash went to that Oslo studio just to listen to new mixes). It was most likely the mix of Perhaps, since it's a different mix (mixed by someone else and not Caram).

That had nothing to do with the Schenker recording though.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

No, they are not credited (apparently Axl and Slash went to that Oslo studio just to listen to new mixes). It was most likely the mix of Perhaps, since it's a different mix (mixed by someone else and not Caram).

That had nothing to do with the Schenker recording though.

I suppose wecan only hypothesis, as we can't be entirely sure....just logically sure. Yea, I knew Perhaps was a different mix (you can tell!) but why? Then to revert, to The General not being....Monster may also be by the same dude that did Perhaps, as it sounds (even in lo-fi) better mixed....

Yea, they wanted to listen to mixes...couldn't they have just done that on their phones....to care enough to want to hear it on good quality speakers and how it would sound on vinyl etc, is a cut above the usual desire for Axl these days....maybe he just tagged along with Slash outta boredom 🤷

Really intrigued to hear the Schenker record with Slash BUT waaaay more interested to hear 2023 Axl studio vocals...can't be long now!?! 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 6:38 PM, colonizedmind said:

I suppose wecan only hypothesis, as we can't be entirely sure....just logically sure. Yea, I knew Perhaps was a different mix (you can tell!) but why? Then to revert, to The General not being....Monster may also be by the same dude that did Perhaps, as it sounds (even in lo-fi) better mixed....

Yea, they wanted to listen to mixes...couldn't they have just done that on their phones....to care enough to want to hear it on good quality speakers and how it would sound on vinyl etc, is a cut above the usual desire for Axl these days....maybe he just tagged along with Slash outta boredom 🤷

Really intrigued to hear the Schenker record with Slash BUT waaaay more interested to hear 2023 Axl studio vocals...can't be long now!?! 

Maybe Axl just added some signature "hey, heys" and "uhhhs" and "aahhhs" as backing vocals. XD

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Album is announced and up for preorder. Axl listed on the song Love To Love 

Axl sings Phil Mogg :headbang: I’m really interested to hear how he sounds 

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

Album is announced and up for preorder. Axl listed on the song Love To Love 

Didn’t someone here claim last year that they were “on the inside” and that it was Love To Love that Axl recorded for?

does anyone remember who that user was?

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

So my guess (about the song) was correct :)

Oh, it was you! Didn’t realize you were just guessing.

20 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Didn’t someone here claim last year that they were “on the inside” and that it was Love To Love that Axl recorded for?

does anyone remember who that user was?

Oh, it was you! Didn’t realize you were just guessing.

Yes, I'm definitely not "on the inside" :lol:

Just guessed based on Vanessa's "random" share of the song on IG in combination with Eddie Trunk's hints about which bands it could be by.

• Like 4

Oh wow actually just listened to a podcast episode a few weeks ago where they reviewed this song, I wasn't familiar with it before. One of the hosts called it the best power ballad of all time and I really couldn't disagree, I can see why even Axl who rarely does these things wanted to do it.

Also, can we change the thread title to unmysterious now

Edited by StrangerInThisTown