Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Pit seats were way down in price the day of both shows which I attended as a guest

Always wait till last minute if you want to see any acts. Promoters always release more tickets the day of the show and the renaming tickets are usually a lot cheaper. I was gifted front row seats for MetLife. The ones Im currently in are going for around $350, waaaaaay down from what they were when they went on sale. 

no show is ever “sold out” (unless it was April 1, 2016)

For me, I can't do pit since that require a lot of standing. I need to have a seat. I was just responding to the guy since he was complaining a bit too much. 

2 hours ago, Sonicjam said:

I think Beta doesnt really deserve the hatred. Axl wanted a mother figure and a proper family and she was able to do that for him. She seems like a genuinely caring person, going by that interview she gave back in 2001. Any issues with Axl not releasing music is surely on him.

A lot of fans don't think of these people as humans.  They just see them as a machine or something. The fact is they are all happy and healthy and doing things the way they want to do them. And they have earned that right.   After the shit they have been thru I'm just happy they are all still alive and functioning and still a band.  

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I’m with you regarding standing. I had a few friends down in the pit but I stuck to my seat. Last time I did the pit was for the first and last nights in Hammerstein. When Axl said “you’re gonna die” I literally thought I was going to. 

LOL!

Bad sign when it's the first song too 🤣

• Haha 1

When I was little, we found a man. He looked like - like, butchered. The old women in the village crossed themselves, and whispered crazy things, strange things. "El diablo cazador de hombres". Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot. We begin finding our men. We found them sometimes without their skin... and sometimes much, much worst. "El que hace trofeos de los hombres" means "the demon who makes trophies of man".

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The "complaints, complaints, complaints" comment she directed our way was well-deserved. We just can't take criticism. It's like when Chris referred to us as "dildos". Hilarious. 

I think people hate/dislike Beta for various reasons: she is rarely professional in her communication on social media (like most people her age), people project GN'R failures or disappointments onto her and her family (mostly undeserved), people dislike her rags to riches story sometimes combined with misogyny and or racism, I suspect there is some jealousy in there too, and people see her as some Machiavellian power-behind-the-throne figure that has practically imprisoned Axl and keeps him in some sedated state (haha). Just my 5 cents after having followed this band across discussion boards for a long time. 

My impression is that the Lebeis is Axl's family, first and foremost. A family he needed. A family that hopefully keeps him happy. Then they help out with what needs to be done, including managerial tasks (mostly Fernando, though. these days). They don't make band decisions, and I am not even sure they make much recommendations/advice. They are not your typical Alan Niven-type manager who pushes the band in the direction he wants, for better or worse. They work on directions from the band (not only Axl, at least not anymore). And for most part them seem to do it well enough (the touring after they took over has been exemplary). That doesn't mean they are great at everything they do, which is to be expected from Fernando getting the job through nepotism and not through talent; still, you learn on the job, I suppose. It's a bit of a give and take, and we can surely point to a few GN'R managers who did worse than the Lebeis.

But yeah, Beta has received a lot of dislike and hatred (not on this forum, at least not any more) and a lot of it is really ugly, and this has soured the relationship between that family and us hardcores, which is ultimately more our loss than theirs. One can always argue that it is her fault for her comments on social media, but there is really no excuse for some of the stuff posted about her over the years. 

At this point, it's all water under the bridge as far as Team Brazil. The band will never function like a real professional band. Fine, it is what it is. The best thing Team Brazil can do is to get their man to release stuff. He doesn't need to do anything new or create anything from scratch. Just release whatever is in the vault. It doesn't matter if it's instrumental #465. Give us something. Anything. Whatever you've got. They say that even before Roy Thomas Baker joined Chinese Democracy, they had over 60 songs near completion (if my memory is correct). That's a great deal of material to mine. Then you have the 95-97 sessions, which according to Sorum, yielded a number of tracks in the bag (without vocals I presume). They have many of the Illusion era shows professionally recorded. You have the UYI tour documentary where they likely even have footage of the infamous '92 dust-up between Axl and Kurt Cobain at the MTV VMAs. Just a treasure trove of material.

I really wonder at this stage of the game what exactly the hold up is. Is he afraid of putting old material out? Is he paralyzed by inaction? Why not just put that stuff on their website and charge us a kings ransom per track or show. We will buy it. If they're afraid of controversy over the Illusion tour footage, airbrush and delete anything that isn't G-rated so that the UYI tour footage looks like you're backstage at a Taylor Swift concert. At this point, expectations are extremely low.

If they can get him to put stuff out, then some of Team Brazil's failings can be overlooked.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RONIN said:

If they can get him to put stuff out, then some of Team Brazil's failings can be overlooked.

Again, I don't think they see it as their job as trying to steer Axl (or GN'R) in any direction. They take directions from him. You can argue that they should be more Alan Nivesque as managers and try to make Axl do stuff that he doesn't want to do, but for whatever reasons that doesn't seem to be their approach (and I can think of a few good reasons). So with this in mind, it is hard to blame them for the lack of releases or whatever. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

My hope is that it still comes out on the 11th and they just simply abandoned the countdown/pre-save idea in favor of a surprise release.

A surprise release is only a surprise the first time. Like with absurd. After that it becomes about laziness to promote and no willingness to care or acknowledge. It gets boring and people stop caring. 

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It's not up for debate. GnR are a successful business. Just because you're upset that they didn't become the next Stones doesn't make them a failure. They make a lot of money every year. AFD is still regarded as one of if not the best debut albums of all time. They have multiple songs that still get regular daily radio play. Good thing you're not in charge of writing their story!

They're a successful business in spite of being GnR, not because of. It is purely down to fans buying tickets. no actual skill on gnr or their managements part. their songs in 80s and 90s transcend time and genres. you take those away they'd be a nothing band barely selling out clubs based on their marketing and management approach

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Again, I don't think they see it as their job as trying to steer Axl (or GN'R) in any direction. They take directions from him. You can argue that they should be more Alan Nivesque as managers and try to make Axl do stuff that he doesn't want to do, but for whatever reasons that doesn't seem to be their approach (and I can think of a few good reasons). So with this in mind, it is hard to blame them for the lack of releases or whatever. 

Sure if Axl was totally against whatever they suggest he would then fire them. They are more just yes men/women.

Really though the bands direction and approach is always what Axl wants.

Just now, megaguns1982 said:

Is this happening?

im in Australia and want to know if I should stay up until midnight 

Im in aus too. We'll know in 5 hours, since NZ will have it an hour earlier than us. However, I'm thinking it was delayed until next friday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

Fair enough, I might stay up to enjoy the disappointment I’m used to as a GNR fan.

Lol good luck to ya, I'm past that stage an will happily go to bed, an wake up to see either it released or they trolled us.

At least "LYRIC" can manage to get an album out... 

(Home an away reference) 🤘🤦😂🎤