Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

What insider? It's just a poster there who probably first saw it posted here.

Oh, I read that as if Jarmo posted the link on his site. Not sure how things work there these days but seems like he would’ve had some passive aggressive comment regarding it being false (or deleted it) in the past. 

12 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Well you also now have a GNR insider over at HTGTH posting the Italian story. Seemingly confirming that it was scheduled for 8/11, regardless if it was officially announced or not. Just some more bullshit from this band (read Axl). 

Again. The band aren't behind the release of this information. The band have not publicly promoted any release of any music via any platform. 

Universal Music are the creaters of this platform and we're responsible for the release of the information. 

Is it that hard to understand...

I suppose when you cannot put a name or face to Universal Music, its easier to point the finger and blame others.... 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Oh, I read that as if Jarmo posted the link on his site. Not sure how things work there these days but seems like he would’ve had some passive aggressive comment regarding it being false (or deleted it) in the past. 

I have a look there from time to time. It doesn't seem that there's censorship currently.

HTGTH message board is just another fan forum (albeit not too active). I don't know why some people think that whatever is posted there by regular posters is official information, lol. Even Jarmo is not in position to share this kind of info.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

HTGTH message board is just another fan forum (albeit not too active). I don't know why some people think that whatever is posted there by regular posters is official information, lol. Even Jarmo is not in position to share this kind of info.

It’s been a pathetic message board for many years, but it is controlled by a GNR Insider (unfortunately/laughably). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Right how, can't read the page, what did it say? 

Contrary to what was reported by several music information sites, and some of the main U.S. message boards dedicated to the group, Radio Rock has learned from internal sources, in the last few hours, that the release initially scheduled for this Friday, August 11 of “Perhaps” – a new single by Guns N' Roses – was postponed yesterday to next week. The song – the release of which does not seem to be in doubt anyway – has not yet been officially announced by the band.

Initially scheduled for this Friday 11, the release of “Perhaps” by Guns N' Roses will take place the following weekend: more specifically on August 18. The song, dating back to the studio sessions of the last “Chinese Democracy”, in 2008, saw – as with the previous “ABSUЯD” and “Hard Skool” – the contribution of Slash on guitar and Duff McKagan on bass: back in formation in 2016, after leaving the group almost twenty years earlier. The unreleased – anticipated by a private link found online by some fans of the American band – will represent the first official release of Axl Rose and his companions since 2021.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

It’s been a pathetic message board for many years, but it is controlled by a GNR Insider (unfortunately/laughably). 

From what I can see, some of the posters there are no less critical towards the band than the posters on here - actually the most active user at HTGTH right now is someone who thinks that the current band sucks without Izzy and Steven and that it's all Axl's fault, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Pretty sure he makes more like a million per show.

The box office for most GNR shows the last 1-2 years is probably around $3million. A million a show seems quite high on average, but I bet it’s at least a couple of hundred thousand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bitchisback said:

I was a member there for a long time. My favorite part of that board was how slash was the enemy for so long and nothing positive could be posted about him and now they love him lol. 

I've never been a member there, but I did some digging up on the site and message board mainly in search of old articles to add to the a-4-d database. And yes, I saw that the main GN'R section was, at least from 2006 until before the reunion, exactly as you describe it. However, there was a Slash/VR section where there was more freedom and basically people posted almost what they wanted.

4 hours ago, 1987b said:

This is mind boggling.  The song is about 20 years old.  I don’t get why they just don’t take the best the village sessions… have slash lay over some new bluesy solos and release it and then move on to new material.  Then hire a professional song writer like Aerosmith did to manufacture some radio hits and mix those into an album of 11 original tunes 

What's Diane Warren's number? Anybody got it? She's done it for BJ, 'Smith and so many others and they almost all were big bits....but let's be honest, fuck that! They have the number they need, call Where's Izzy, offer him the big bucks and lock him in Axl's basement until he's dripping in sleazy RnR! 

Edited by colonizedmind