Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

Yeah, I agree re the leaks. I think Axl's really proof that without deadlines we'd getting nothing done and keep tinkering with things forever. I think when the record company first gave up with the release and he didn't have any deadlines anymore that was really what caused the issues. What's amazing is how much stuff was good to go at various points. I mean, even now if some instrumentals are still instrumentals it wouldn't take long to write lyrics and vocal melodies over the top. There could be a new GN'R album in no time if there was any desire to put one out. 

Edited by BassistSeb

Popping in for my yearly visit because a GNR leak takes me back to the fun days of 2006 lol. Seems like I missed actually getting to hear it but I'm sure it'll be out soon enough, is this a track we've heard before in demo form or something else?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chevelle said:

Popping in for my yearly visit because a GNR leak takes me back to the fun days of 2006 lol. Seems like I missed actually getting to hear it but I'm sure it'll be out soon enough, is this a track we've heard before in demo form or something else?

This is a track we heard in demo form in 2019 with the locker leaks. However, it appears to have different vocals. And this version has drums and bass high in mix. Hard to really make out how different  it is based on cell phone recordings from bars.  

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

My fiancé thinks this is the dumbest shit and constantly tells me these aren’t “new” songs and doesn’t understand why I care about 20+ year old songs that I have already heard but also haven’t

holy shit we are dumb 

My girl doesn’t get *any* of it.

”They just rarely ever put out new music, so this is kind of a-“

”…why would they?! They’re rich! Why would they waste their time?! You’re lucky they’re touring! If I had that kind of money, no one would ever see me again! Fans? Fuck the fans! Let me fuck around and get that kind of money - I’d never leave the house again! If we were married and you were Slash or your buddy Axl, you think I’d put up with you leaving for weeks at a time to go on tour even?! No! You’re lucky they’re even doing that!”

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

My fiancé thinks this is the dumbest shit and constantly tells me these aren’t “new” songs and doesn’t understand why I care about 20+ year old songs that I have already heard but also haven’t

holy shit we are dumb 

And @GoodOlJohnnyK

I sent my hubs a link to an article talking about the accidental leak of a “new” gnr song so of course he went and found it just now and listened to it.. and.. he says:

“please tell me you aren’t giving the internet any opinions on this shit and PLEASE tell me you’re aren’t making me drive your ass to MetLife again to hear Mickey Mouse sing this…… wait… are the tix free? How’s the weather gonna be Tue?”

*guilty!

I guess we are the lunatics that run the asylum💋

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

My girl doesn’t get *any* of it.

”They just rarely ever put out new music, so this is kind of a-“

”…why would they?! They’re rich! Why would they waste their time?! You’re lucky they’re touring! If I had that kind of money, no one would ever see me again! Fans? Fuck the fans! Let me fuck around and get that kind of money - I’d never leave the house again! If we were married and you were Slash or your buddy Axl, you think I’d put up with you leaving for weeks at a time to go on tour even?! No! You’re lucky they’re even doing that!”

Good lord, no offense my guy but she’s got a rotten attitude 

10 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

It’s definitely unfortunate that leaked material ends up on the internet, people hear it, want an official version, and whine when they don’t like the official version.

It was a lot more exciting hearing “You Could Be Mine” in 1991 from a radio station that teased its release for a few days, then finally played it for the first time. There were no demo versions heard beforehand, or knowledge of how long it took to finalize the version that ended up as the official song. You accepted the song as-is. 

Now, it’s “Slash butchered the guitar parts” because he’s not a shredder like Buckethead. 

To be fair, Perhaps originally had Robin’s solo. Shouldn’t have been too hard for Slash to do it justice.

1 hour ago, Flayer said:

The verses were pretty clear, the chorus on the old leak was muddled and hard to make out. My take was:

So you got more than you bargained for

You’re all alone now

You’re surrounded by the others you were begging for

You’re all alone

So talk to the ones that you want to ignore

You’re all alone now

You used to be a little crazy now it’s so much more

You’re all alone

To me, it sounds like he was singing about himself.

I thought it was: “Talk to those that you once ignored” 

• Like 1

Just now, WhazUp said:

I think Slash's solo on Perhaps is fine. Then again I have always thought most of the complaints about his playing since 2016 are greatly over-exaggerated so that is coming from that mindset lol

I actually like his solo too, but the transition from Robin to Slash just kills it for me. Hopefully on the official quality release it is just Slash overlayed with Robin to make the cut/past less grating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

Blah blah blah. People fall in love with demos and can’t accept change. 

I was pleasantly surprised. I like everything about the new version more than the demo, except Slash’s solo. 

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I thought it was "talk to the ones that you once ignored"...

That’s probably it! I need to go to the bar again this week to hear it 😆 

4 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I would love to hear your thoughts

Was a fair bit of noise in the bar, but obviously sounded significantly better than the cell phone recordings. Solo is more seamless and sounds pretty good when you’re listening to it on a jukebox imo. 

• Thanks 1