Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

It's a typical CD era song.  Quite boring and plods along with piano and no real interesting guitar parts. 

Robins original solo started off quite nicely but failed to go anywhere. 

Slash starts off pretty much the same but in a lower octave and then gives a better ending. 

Neither solo is particularly great but it's a song that doesn't really lend itself to an epic solo and can't really be saved.

This band could really do with having a strong manager to just tell them it's boring and write something fresh.

I went to a bar close by just now to hear it and I kind of agree with this. Like I had said earlier, it's kind of boring. They're going to need to release some other better songs along with it too. 

53 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Not really.  His last 2 solo albums still had plenty of excellent guitars, granted they were rushed due to Guns commitments. 

I'm sure his solo album next year will be really good. 

He quit Guns in the 90s because he didn't like the musical direction along with other reasons. I doubt he's too inspired with not writing new material and just been asked to slap a solo on a 20 yr old song that didn't make the cut for CD. 

I think that's probably what's happening here, same with that Demi Lovato song. The solo on that sounds like he heard it once, noodled something over it, and that was it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

It's better mixed too. There's no new vocals on this. Maybe some parts in the chorus were added, the lower parts, but that was probably over 15 years ago. 

It's different. As an example, just listen to the final tone he sings. On the Village leak version it ends quickly, on the new version it is more sustained and he drops down a tone or so while holding it. Clearly different vocal takes.

47 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

You would need to plug something into it to capture the audio data and I doubt that would go unnoticed.

£/$20 to the bar staff for 4 minutes to occupy the jukebox!

Edited by Dean

2 minutes ago, vloors said:

Slash is still great at traditional rock and bluesy music I just find the CD material and left overs is just not his best fit and feel. He is being wedged into something not his style.

Have a listen and watch this recent performance of slash and it sounds/looks like the old fellow we love. Even tone wise this is a more natural slash. 

Slash is great, the solo is good, the song is very good! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, avahland said:

Maybe it's time to change the title of this thread one more time.

I just heard TouchTunes removed Perhaps from their system.

Still available for me

Edited by MANEK

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

It's different. As an example, just listen to the final tone he sings. On the Village leak version it ends quickly, on the new version it is more sustained and he drops down a tone or so while holding it. Clearly different vocal takes.

That’s exactly right, it’s a different vocal take for sure, example: when Axl “behaviour”  he sings it with more of an “ah” at the end. Behaveyah.

I do think that the chorus “ you’re all alone”  is the same exact vocal take as the old version though.

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Guys, they didn’t accidentally leave in Finck’s bend. Just like there wasn’t an accidental timing error on “Absurd.” These are stylistic choices whether we like them or not

Thank you for not being as dumb as some others here. Still can't believe there's people that think Absurds vocal was an error :facepalm:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JimiRose said:

Thank you for not being as dumb as some others here. Still can't believe there's people that think Absurds vocal was an error :facepalm:

Yup, someone does actually listen before it’s released haha