Perhaps - New Guns N' Roses Single - Discussion

4 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

It says "New GNR Album Perhaps taking over vegas". It's probably just a mistake.

You can ONLY place to hear it if you stay a night in the penthouse Sunset Tower Hotel...Perhaps.

Hoping someone gets that obscure reference....

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, BreakDown2014 said:

I love Perhaps but to my ears the overall production is horrible. I thought my speakers and headphones were broken, but apparently I'm not the only one.

¿Your thoughts? Absurd and Hard Skool are compressed af but don't have so many clipping issues imo.

I'm still not able to hear any cipping issues in Perhaps. Tried with 3 different high-end phones here, and nothing. I did compared the Spotify high bitrate version to Apple Music's losless audio, and to my ears the later sounded better, but slightly.

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

WMMR now plays it once a day. Same thing happened with Hard Skool, they didn't play at all at first, but then went into daily rotation. Currently at #12 on the mainstream rock chart (Hard Skool peaked at #9).

It’s at #10 on the active rock charts and has been for a bit. May be stalling but I guess we’ll see. 

20 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

I'm still not able to hear any cipping issues in Perhaps. Tried with 3 different high-end phones here, and nothing. I did compared the Spotify high bitrate version to Apple Music's losless audio, and to my ears the later sounded better, but slightly.

Yeah im a bit surprised about that thread.

The mastering is actually a bit different. The louder you play it the better it sounds. Thats actually the opposite of clipping.

BUT when you play it in low volume it gives the effect that the song could be clipping since in low volume the sound is not as wide and some details gets lost. Could be the fact how the drums were recorded in some way in 2001 (ish) with a type of production in mind and the guitars in 2020 (ish) 

Anyway Bob Ludwig is arguably the best in the business so i trust him.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, rebeldhipi said:

Yeah im a bit surprised about that thread.

The mastering is actually a bit different. The louder you play it the better it sounds. Thats actually the opposite of clipping.

BUT when you play it in low volume it gives the effect that the song could be clipping since in low volume the sound is not as wide and some details gets lost. Could be the fact how the drums were recorded in some way in 2001 (ish) with a type of production in mind and the guitars in 2020 (ish) 

Anyway Bob Ludwig is arguably the best in the business so i trust him.

52 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Perhaps songs great to me. I don’t think HS songs bad, but Perhaps is a great mix imo 

Maybe we are too old to notice it. ^_^

I legit had a dream last night that they announced a Perhaps “deluxe boxset” with disc one being all the singles released since ‘21 (and official releases of Atlas, SOG, Zodiac, that whole lot) and then bonus discs of live performances/covers/alt. takes/demos.

In reality, how hard would it truly be for them to do this? 

3 hours ago, Macho Vidal said:

Anyone see the Perhaps Single Cover showing a boy with a band aid under his eye?  Along the side of  the cover are the words " Toxic love is a sickness in the hearts of the participants...etc.).  

Where at?

Also if it hasn’t been said already, GNR site just restocked the Perhaps vinyl.

Edited by GNRRHCP98