"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

If this 56 page legal letter exists, I hope it leaks. I want to read it!

Do other artists releasing songs have rumoured 10s of pages of consequences, or is it only Guns N Roses that gets those rumours/does those things?

Seriously though, 56 pages. Exactly how many consequences could there be?

1. You get your ass sued to bankruptcy.

2. You lose a whole bunch of assets.

3. You go to jail.

What else? You get your ass personally beat by every member of Guns N Roses, and the screams get recorded for the next single (but you get no royalties)? They drain your blood and use that to decorate their next round of merch? They pull your eyes out and use the photo as the picture for the single Eye On You?

Imagine being the lawyer who has to write these rumoured 56 pages.

Where did the 56 pages rumour originate from? Is it just that youtube comments section, or did it appear somewhere else before that?

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

Do other artists releasing songs have rumoured 10s of pages of consequences, or is it only Guns N Roses that gets those rumours/does those things?

3. You go to jail.

What else? You get your ass personally beat by every member of Guns N Roses, and the screams get recorded for the next single (but you get no royalties)? They drain your blood and use that to decorate their next round of merch? They pull your eyes out and use the photo as the picture for the single Eye On You?

Where did the 56 pages rumour originate from? Is it just that youtube comments section, or did it appear somewhere else before that?

Or you have to listen to the full live versions of Rocket Queen and KOHD, and at the end they play you My World and DJ Ashba's Patience solo. :rofl-lol:

• Haha 3
  • PERHAPS 1

22 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

3. You go to jail.

Wasn’t it mentioned here yesterday? That’s probably the “source”.

I’m sure everyone knows it’s a joke. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, betterman said:

From a recent youtube video in the comments section:

What you hear is correct. Select stores already have the 7" in their backroom. The 56-page legal letter of the consequences of the possible leak of the track accompanied with the vinyls is staggering.

Total arse! Like that's stopped the millions of almost every big release leaking in the last 20 years! Smoke and mirrors and empty threats, If it's backstage, it'll make an early entrance soonish....

Edited by colonizedmind

52 minutes ago, drlaban said:

Wasn’t it mentioned here yesterday? That’s probably the “source”.

I’m sure everyone knows it’s a joke. 

If you're referring to this post,

I saw the rumour mentioned on another forum before that, although that poster reckoned the (not specified) source and rumours was dubious

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

These guys were the ones who thought they fooled everybody with their 'The General' hoax a few months ago, even though no one fell for it... It's best not to believe anything associated with that channel at face value, even comments made on their videos, lol.

HEY LOOK at us channel. We should spam take it down! 

8 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Total arse! Like that's stopped the millions of almost every big release leaking in the last 20 years! Smoke and mirrors and empty threats, If it's backstage, it'll make an early entrance soonish....

Probably not even opened the envelope.

Could “The General” be something totally new, that we haven’t heard before?  Why are we assuming the cell phone leak is a version of it again? Maybe one of those locker room instrumentals is in fact an early working of the song, renamed, blah blah? You would have thought if someone was hoarding it, would have leaked it by now gaining some attention or even trading it for something…in 3 days it’s worthless on the trading market. 

• Like 1

Well obviosly the vinyls exists by now. And of course there are conciquenses if someone leaks it.

Thursday i asked my local record store if theres any chance i could get The Rolling Stones cd a day early. I was said, no chance. He will get banned by Universal for all new releases if he gets caught doing that. Its normal business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

These guys were the ones who thought they fooled everybody with their 'The General' hoax a few months ago, even though no one fell for it... It's best not to believe anything associated with that channel at face value, even comments made on their videos, lol.

They didn't fooled anyone, maybe 1 or 2 people, and they still felt proud and the most funny people in earth. 

Sad

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Could “The General” be something totally new, that we haven’t heard before?  Why are we assuming the cell phone leak is a version of it again? Maybe one of those locker room instrumentals is in fact an early working of the song, renamed, blah blah? You would have thought if someone was hoarding it, would have leaked it by now gaining some attention or even trading it for something…in 3 days it’s worthless on the trading market. 

Remember Billionaire was stated (by someone) as an very early version of General - there was some similarities in the melody

38 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Because the orchestra intro used from 2006 to 11 was confirmed as from The General and the cell phone clip has parts from the orchestral intro in and the same melody. 

3 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Because the orchestra intro used from 2006 to 11 was confirmed as from The General and the cell phone clip has parts from the orchestral intro in and the same melody. 

But we only know that to be a song called The General as someone on twitter associated with the band said it was the most used concert intro...what if they were mistaken? Happens plenty with this band....

I'd laugh soo much if it ends up being a completely different song we've been arguing over for 15 years, mind fuck! 

So Fernando says “Perhaps is a great song, The General is a Monster” 

The song register info comes out, title: The General and Monsters

Perhaps Fernando was giving us a hint without really say it out right. A play on words of sort. 

A 7” single wouldn’t fit 2 songs on one side. So we get The General. Maybe there will be another version released and it’s a track that has a bonus hidden track. 

The General (Hidden Track: Monsters)

Which leads to the question if it’s 2 tracks.. one of the tracks would be The General. What is Monsters? Is it Monstrocity or Soul Monster renamed? Or something entirely new?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

So Fernando says “Perhaps is a great song, The General is a Monster” 

The song register info comes out, title: The General and Monsters

Perhaps Fernando was giving us a hint without really say it out right. A play on words of sort. 

A 7” single wouldn’t fit 2 songs on one side. So we get The General. Maybe there will be another version released and it’s a track that has a bonus hidden track. 

The General (Hidden Track: Monsters)

Which leads to the question if it’s 2 tracks.. one of the tracks would be The General. What is Monsters? Is it Monstrocity or Soul Monster renamed? Or something entirely new?

It it were two tracks, they would definitely be registered on SESAC separately. The databases like SESAC, ASCAP etc. list the songwriters per track, not release.

8 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Where will this be, on the website? 

I meant that I believe it will have another artwork in the R side. It's just a guess.

43 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate" 

Cover of a song we've never even heard....only this band...

I like this...

Kudos to a great @evader cover. :lol:

The guy is great, but I really dislike PRS guitars look. Hate that bird scale. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't find any trace of it now, and memory is foggy, but several years ago was there not some leaked artwork for a 'Monster' single? I think we are going back maybe even a decade here. I think there was an image of a CD, along with it's case, which had Monster Energy drink associated colours etc.. 

Small chance I have gone wrong and dreamt this up

edit: I found them. Not quite as I remembered, and probably nothing! Cant figure out how to post images, but here's an imgur link if allowed: https://imgur.com/a/zcNMRHQ

Edited by Mustard Tiger

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think the addition of "monsters" to the title may be just a rebranding of the song for Halloween - and maybe there are references to monsters in the lyrics.

That's my guess as well. What ever the music video (lyric video) will be like, I have a feeling that it will be Halloween themed and it's probably going to involve some monsters. That's what I would guess.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It it were two tracks, they would definitely be registered on SESAC separately. The databases like SESAC, ASCAP etc. list the songwriters per track, not release.

Would that also be the case if it was a single track that was 2 songs combined with inserted silence?

Is it possible 2 songs could be in one single track and all the credits for both songs are combined into a single listing for registry? Especially with how long it took some tracks to show up on the registry? Could it be possible that at a later date there could be 2 separate entries made?

Legit questions though. I was only spitballing ideas