"The General" is officially delayed... but "The General" AND "Monsters" is (unofficially) out of the bag

This is all a part of that stringing us along method they’ve developed. Paying their fans small service to promote their overpriced tour tickets and merchandise. If we would stop shelling out thousands of our hard earned money the market might correct itself. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, timoteo said:

This is all a part of that stringing us along method they’ve developed. Paying their fans small service to promote their overpriced tour tickets and merchandise. If we would stop shelling out thousands of our hard earned money the market might correct itself. 

It’s all a fraud game. I gave my money this tour because it seems like they were doing things right. New songs, promotion, new setlist. Only for them to announce one of the new songs isn’t coming for 6 weeks with zero communication. I’ve already posted it twice today but it really is the Charlie Brown meme. 

25 minutes ago, GNRRHCP98 said:

Is there anyone on here in the UK that already preordered it?

The vinyl and the apparel show as ‘released’ on the UK site, the 8-ball says 12/1. So confused…

Guess there UK team are asleep at the wheel...expect the announcement in a week or so...

Edited by colonizedmind

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Guess there UK team are asleep at the team...expect the announcement in a week or so...

IMAGINE it actually is a production delay for the North American pressing… it would be really nice if it does get a digital release tonight or some other night…

Oh, who am I kidding? We’ll never get the truth… :facepalm:

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

How likely is it to be just a NA issue and that it’s still going to be shipped in other regions

As likely as it is that they'll also ship it to the Oort Cloud.

Maybe that's why NASA is planning on a patch update for both Voyagers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

How does the delay of the vinyl relate with Pele's theories?

Well, so far we’ve had Absurd, Hard Skool and Perhaps. 3 songs we’ve already heard leaks of. Then the one time they’re supposed to release an ‘unheard’ song it gets delayed by 2 months.

The vinyls clearly aren’t pressed yet which leads me to think the mix isn’t to Axl’s liking and it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it never sees the light of day now. I just don’t think there’s much in the archives we haven’t heard, Axl clearly hates recording.

*edited* to add I HOPE I AM PROVED WRONG.

Edited by GNFNRUK

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

It has to be an issue with production or shipping from the plant, not a big deal really. I mean, it sick’s to have to wait a little longer but I guess I’m just used to delays when it comes to GnR :shrugs:

People wouldn't have an issue with the delay if it was communicated properly and promptly. People are more pissed about the shit communication than they are about the delay.

1 minute ago, DTV88 said:

It has to be an issue with production or shipping from the plant, not a big deal really

It wouldn't take 4 months to press Perhaps/The General.

They waited til the last second to announce the delay, and it's not because the plant is hard at work on it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GNFNRUK said:

Well, so far we’ve had Absurd, Hard Skool and Perhaps. 3 songs we’ve already heard leaks of. Then the one time they’re supposed to release an ‘unheard’ song it gets delayed by 2 months. The vinyls clearly aren’t pressed yet which leads me to think the mix isn’t to Axl’s liking and it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it never sees the light of day now. I just don’t think there’s much in the archives we haven’t heard, Axl clearly hates recording.

Pele was full of shit and I have no clue why some members here still parrot his talking points. 

If he were on the forum before the Village leaks, his argument would have been that all the leaked songs before then would be the only ones with vocals, without considering Perhaps, etc. The logical flaw is that he based his opinion of unknowns only on what we had access to.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Pele was full of shit and I have no clue why some members here still parrot his talking points. 

If he were on the forum before the Village leaks, his argument would have been that all the leaked songs before then would be the only ones with vocals, without considering Perhaps, etc. The logical flaw is that he based his opinion of unknowns only on what we had access to.

I hope you’re right but why would they release (so far) 3 songs we’ve already heard in leaks (including wank like Absurd) if they had these amazing ‘unheards’ stashed away?? I’d love to hear something ‘NEW’ as I’m sure most fans would.

Edited by GNFNRUK