Atlas Shrugged (November Release?)

For curiosity’s sake, I was tinkering with the Microsoft Bing AI Image generator, gave it the prompt “Guns N Roses cover art for an album and/or single entitled ‘ATLAS SHRUGGED’” and got this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bnv_3pl7fN_wkrLJmKSn38W5C9_ZX5--/view?usp=drivesdk

Not TOO shabby, tbh… (but don’t get any ideas, TB :lol:)

Edited by GNRRHCP98
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bad_Apples91les91 said:

Hey guys. Dont know if this topic is dead. Just wanted to point a few things rq.

1: Im the guy who put the discogs thing up. The reason why the profile looks so sketchy is because the OG accout (i had an old one that got banned, more on that soon) was made back in 2020-2021. I got banned from discogs for harrassing staff (which all i did was say that one of the staff had a big collection). I wanted to prank the staff about taking legal action. the original account was ilovecats123 and ilovecats123_Reborn, but it is now TooHardSkool.

2. The proof screenshot was the code of the atlas collection being reimplemented into the actual merch website. I can get screenshots soon

3. The barcode and catalog number are fake. I added those just to get the release on discogs. There are currently none of those yet so we will have to wait until november (if atlas comes out)

4. The cover isnt ai-made. It came from geffen's archive of covers. My big bro named Jason works for geffen, and the bands he also works for are GNR and the eagles.

5. I think the release date of atlas is supposed to be Nov. 12. It could be a few days before or after that but currently its pinned to either the 12th or 15th. Leaning to the 15th currently

Thats all i have to say. Dont wanna spoil too many things but if you need anything else ill be active whenever you need me 🙂

-TooHardSkool aka. ilovecats123_Reborn

As far as you’re aware, is the release comprised of 2 songs?

6 hours ago, Bad_Apples91les91 said:

Hey guys. Dont know if this topic is dead. Just wanted to point a few things rq.

1: Im the guy who put the discogs thing up. The reason why the profile looks so sketchy is because the OG accout (i had an old one that got banned, more on that soon) was made back in 2020-2021. I got banned from discogs for harrassing staff (which all i did was say that one of the staff had a big collection). I wanted to prank the staff about taking legal action. the original account was ilovecats123 and ilovecats123_Reborn, but it is now TooHardSkool.

2. The proof screenshot was the code of the atlas collection being reimplemented into the actual merch website. I can get screenshots soon

3. The barcode and catalog number are fake. I added those just to get the release on discogs. There are currently none of those yet so we will have to wait until november (if atlas comes out)

4. The cover isnt ai-made. It came from geffen's archive of covers. My big bro named Jason works for geffen, and the bands he also works for are GNR and the eagles.

5. I think the release date of atlas is supposed to be Nov. 12. It could be a few days before or after that but currently its pinned to either the 12th or 15th. Leaning to the 15th currently

Thats all i have to say. Dont wanna spoil too many things but if you need anything else ill be active whenever you need me 🙂

Just if you know, It's this supoosed to be a only release of Atlas or will include a B-side??

8 hours ago, Bad_Apples91les91 said:

I call bullshit.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bad_Apples91les91 said:

Hi, I'm "Jason", and I definitely work for Geffen, says so right up there. What the hell little dude, naming me like that on a public forum? Do you know how many people named Jason work for Geffen AND GnR AND the Eagles? Not that many! They're going to narrow me down like a hawk, they're going to be out ta get me! When I finish getting out of jail and finish paying my fines, I'm gonna sew your fingers together, you snitch! You rat!

Also I'm telling mum and dad that you're the reason the higher-ups found out I breached contracts about confidential information. Can't believe I can't trust my own little brother!

using screenshots that could be faked, instead of using a website that would actually archive the code e.g.  wayback machine or archive.is at the time, so everyone else can check to see if the code is legit? Even if you were telling the truth, you haven't mentioned documenting it in a way that's verifiable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I see the classic "insider" style is still around. Something so sad about a fully grown adult sat in their bedroom pretending to be from the label or have exclusive info to wind up the fans. Really very cringey. 

Like last year, a supposed tracklist printed on a piece of paper. Think of the guy actually sitting down and making that on word, printing it and taking the pic and uploading it. Excruciatingly embarrassing. 

Edited by rumandraisin
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

I see the classic "insider" style is still around. Something so sad about a fully grown adult sat in their bedroom pretending to be from the label or have exclusive info to wind up the fans. Really very cringey. 

Like last year, a supposed tracklist printed on a piece of paper. Think of the guy actually sitting down and making that on word, printing it and taking the pic and uploading it. Excruciatingly embarrassing. 

The funny thing is that they swear they are the ones laughing because they fooled a couple of fans. 

I mean, dude.. there are more people laughing at you. :facepalm:

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

I hope the below settles the image on anyone thinking it could be legit. GnR has the money to commission artists that don't make errors like this. And on the minuscule chance if it is legit, GnR should be ashamed of itself.

Here's the "cover" for reference...

1692705906555.jpg

As you can see, it's in a semi-realistic style. No cartoony proportions.

First of all, the neck is wrong. See those bones jutting out the front of the neck? Most reference images have that section be smooth. Also it has a weird thin extra long bone jutting out the back, near the base of the skull.

Reveal hidden contents

14926259-human-skeleton-side-view-of-hea

Why does the rib cage look so wonky?  Humans also don't have only seven ribs.

Reveal hidden contents

side-view-of-rib-cage-spine-vertabra-and

360_F_129362193_eoIVm8XWtGL4pZCOYlOkL5hG

One of the skeleton's feet has sharp toes, and the other foot doesn't look sharp.

Also they just don't look right. Too many segments, it's missing that long middle segment. And the back part of the foot, where the heel is, looks flat-out wrong. Heels aren't flat like that.

Reveal hidden contents

bones-of-the-foot-infographic-em-image-c

2b549cb3-af49-4501-b966-5e6cd66749dd.jpg

human-foot-bones--artwork-499157723-5c23

Same problems with the hands. The thumb should be visible on the hand furthest away from us, but it isn't.

The hand nearest to us, the 3rd palm bone (starting from the bottom, or 2nd one from the top), is sprouting two finger bones. And the uppermost palm bone is bent.

Reveal hidden contents

320px-Sobo_1909_130.png

This could be seen as stylisation to make sure stuff is more visible, but there's inconsistent shadowing. So the shadow is cast sideways, to the skeleton's right, to where the audience is viewing. The fruit near the skeleton's butt would be in the dark shadow, but it doesn't look dim at all. More sections of pants from where we can see, would be in shadow, considering how harsh the lighting is, and the direction of the lighting. The pants would make a larger shadow than that skinny little thing. One of the plants casts shadows, and the other doesn't.

AI is getting better at it, and some have already overcome the problem, but this looks like a classic "AI generator can't count" image. Any human artist that uses references when drawing in a non-cartoony way, wouldn't encounter the same problems.

That is an admirable level of deconstruction! 

I think pretty much everyone else just went with the "yeah, that's a load of fucking bullshit" approach. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I think pretty much everyone else just went with the "yeah, that's a load of fucking bullshit" approach. 

Sometimes I wondered if making a long response like that would feed the trolls since it's  giving them attention, but since that image keeps coming back as trollbait, I might as well kill its reputation.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Bad_Apples91les91 said:

Ask Jason if he has heard Soul Monster, Seven, Oklahoma, Cuban Skies, etc. 

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I have a feeling that Atlas cover is real, or, at the very least, not AI. Most, if not all artists are not human anatomy experts, so there will be some imperfections, some could view it as "stylized" or their vision. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bad_Apples91les91 said:

GNR releasing a new album on a Sunday! The most dangerous band in the world is showing the world they don't care about predictable release dates! GNFNRsssssssssss. Oh wait. You say the 15th as well? A Wednesday?! GNR don't give a fuck.

Good work, Jason.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Bad_Apples91les91 said:

Yes currently

Do you know the name of the other song?

1 minute ago, Bad_Apples91les91 said:

He's heard oklahoma only

I have heard the vocals sound a bit like IRS on that song. Did he hear a newer mix with Slash and Duff or one of the older ones? 

Edited by Sweersa