New Richard interview discussing new music

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

We more or less know how it's going to pan out. They reworked a few songs. Probably The General, Atlas and SOG might come out at some point . 

Everything else will be shelved and they will work on new stuff. 

Let's say the songs you mention do come out, NITL touched, which is likely.

I feel like it would be more likely they would eventually also rework Seven, Berlin, Soul Monster, Cuban Skies, Quick Song, etc. rather than shelve them indefinitely, or save them exclusively in their CD-era form for an anniversary release. There is also the possibility of them being thrown onto an album, a hybrid album of sorts as some have said in their original form. 

19 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Ashba would still be in the band, he left only when it was clear that Slash was returning to the band.

Maybe they would go back to 2 guitarists, Ashba and Fortus, and a new bassist. Imagine that. :lol:

In that case, Fortus would be lead and Ashba would be rhythm. I can’t imagine the roles being reversed. DJ had to pass the harder solos off to Bumblefoot because he couldn’t play them.

And I say this as someone who really liked DJ’s work on the Beautiful Creatures album.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Let's say the songs you mention do come out, NITL touched, which is likely.

I feel like it would be more likely they would eventually also rework Seven, Berlin, Soul Monster, Cuban Skies, Quick Song, etc. rather than shelve them indefinitely, or save them exclusively in their CD-era form for an anniversary release. There is also the possibility of them being thrown onto an album, a hybrid album of sorts as some have said in their original form. 

I feel like we'll be discussing these titles until it's clear the ride is over. Even then we'll still be hoping for leaks. 

I can see myself still typing the words Soul Monster and Seven in 15 years time...

Edited by rumandraisin
  • PERHAPS 1

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Milan, if I remember correctly. It was incomplete (only part of the show).

01.Introduction / Sound Check
02.It's So Easy
03.Mr. Brownstone
04.Chinese Democracy
05.Welcome to the Jungle
06.Slither 
07.Double Talkin' Jive
08.Walk All Over You 
09.Reckless Life
10.Estranged
11.Live and Let Die 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

I feel like we'll be discussing these titles until it's clear the ride is over. Even then we'll still be hoping for leaks. 

I can see myself still typing the words Soul Monster and Seven in 15 years time...

Oh God, I hope not... :lol:

15 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Milan, if I remember correctly. It was incomplete (only part of the show).

There was also the Iceland IEM which has Frank calling out the songs. And there's some Axl ranting to crew/crew chatter on the recent Paris IEM leak.

It'd be really cool if an IEM leaks with the full Axl/crew chatter so we can hear exactly how it goes through a show, including the alleged jokes Axl tells to throw the band 😂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

There was also the Iceland IEM which has Frank calling out the songs. And there's some Axl ranting to crew/crew chatter on the recent Paris IEM leak.

It'd be really cool if an IEM leaks with the full Axl/crew chatter so we can hear exactly how it goes through a show, including the alleged jokes Axl tells to throw the band 😂

What was Axl ranting about? 

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Didn't one leak at one point? 

There was certainly one where the crews commentary was over the top, from the Nu GNR era. 

Was pretty interesting to hear their thoughts on the show! 

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

What was Axl ranting about? 

No idea of the context. "Where the fuck are you guys?", "Get the mic!"

57 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Didn't one leak at one point? 

There was certainly one where the crews commentary was over the top, from the Nu GNR era. 

Was pretty interesting to hear their thoughts on the show! 

Can you remember which show? Would love to try and dig that out

6 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

I feel like theres plenty of axl jokes/giving the band a hard time on the tokyo 2009 IEM but I havent listened in a while.

On 9/7/2023 at 2:52 PM, We love Axl Rose said:

Ashba would still be in the band, he left only when it was clear that Slash was returning to the band.

Maybe they would go back to 2 guitarists, Ashba and Fortus, and a new bassist. Imagine that. :lol:

I don't think that is actually true.

Ashba left because Sixx A.M. became active again and it looked like Nikki Sixx was gonna put big focus on Sixx A.M. at the time. Then not long after, Nikki disbanded Sixx A.M. So I think when later on he made contradictory statements about leaving because he knew Slash was coming back, I strongly believe he was saving face somewhat really. Because his original plan/reason for leaving didn't really pan out.

Edited by sploit
  • Like 4