THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

8 minutes ago, Joraz said:

Completely unrelated, but just saw your location. Rare to find another Aussie on this forum, even rarer to find another Tassie on the forum! Sending my Greetings from Devonport :lol::P

I'm from Tassie too!

Down Hobart way. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I believe we will eventually get the superior mixes as some bonus content, and/or through additional leaks. 

It's funny because, in general (no pun intended), I don't care at all about demos/different mixes for other bands. When it comes to GNR and the Chinese Democracy era, I would absolutely kill to hear that stuff.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gibbinson said:

The new monsters and the General are different more beefy and guitars towards the front of the mix 

I definitely notice a difference in Monsters. The instrument separation is a lot better and the mix sounds cleaner overall. 

The General is better than before but couldn't notice that much of a difference from the old leak on the first listen. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Caedo said:

For anyone wanting to hear the version played on Japanese radio to my ears it sounds exactly the same. I’m pretty confident they just played the leak version - potentially by accident if someone had sent it to them and requested it.

I can’t believe Axl would put out a song with vocals that distorted and we have no evidence anyone has actually received the vinyl or CD.

I can't imagine it being played by mistake. It's either some dude who went rogue or they received a promo CD (assuming radio stations still receive CDs!) that they played too soon. That's my guess. As for the quality, I've only heard The General and Monster 2-3 times from a YouTube link. After that I was done. I wanted to hear the 'final' versions before spoiling it for myself. If they're the same, so be it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 22frets said:

I definitely notice a difference in Monsters. The instrument separation is a lot better and the mix sounds cleaner overall. 

The General is better than before but couldn't notice that much of a difference from the old leak on the first listen. 

Wait there's a new monsters?

Thought only a new general (as per vinyl released) ? 

😮 

• Like 4

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Ea7uUmAuhUgLSPY8ekSxKyPRTL4qvaD3h7rByDjLTMbZN3vcPJRScGLDSjFPwZxDl&id=100088318801006

25 minutes ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

So gibbinson an 22frets are talking bollocks then?? 

Cos they seem to think and have said otherwise??

I'm confused 😕 

100% different. The mix is different. 

Monsters especially you can really hear the guitars. 

I suggest you need a hearing test my friend or some decent headphones required 

2 hours ago, 22frets said:

Spot on

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, gibbinson said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02Ea7uUmAuhUgLSPY8ekSxKyPRTL4qvaD3h7rByDjLTMbZN3vcPJRScGLDSjFPwZxDl&id=100088318801006

Hearing test? Haven't heard the song... hence the question.. is there another version out??

Which people are still saying their isn't. Only you 2 so far. So you need an english grammar check more like 😉 

52 minutes ago, gibbinson said:

Also a link to Queen band Facebook page upload isn't exactly a reliable source lol..

Especially listing the drums as Frank, when it's Brain 👍

1 hour ago, gibbinson said:

I don't buy it... Sounds the same to me with maybe a slightly cleaner MP3 rip. The slight vocal distortion from clipping in the verses of Monsters is exactly the same as previous leaks 

• Like 2

What kind of eastern European Romani witchcraft is this? 

Quality-wise, these almost sound as though whoever leaked the songs first leaked them in 128kbps mp3 quality and has now re-ripped the same files in 320kbps.  Higher quality leaks, yet, still not fully lossless, if you know what I mean.   These files, on the surface, at least, happen to be delivered in the same 32-bit 48kHz container as the prior files, which tells me, gut feeling, that they've just been altered somehow.

If these are actually from the officially released vinyl, I'll miraculously rise from my wheelchair and run across hot coals on video.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carlson-online said:

They are still 128kbps mp3s, so poor quality.

See, I'm trash at reading frequency graphs and the like.  Did you run these in a program like Audacity and check the frequency cut-offs?  They sure sounded lossy to me, too, which is why I said the 32-48 container they're in is BS.

Edit: There we go.  Thanks, Carlson.  We put garbage in, we get garbage out.

Edited by oneway23

Run them through SPEK and you get a decent visual idea of what's going on too. 48HZ with a 127kbps bitrate is weird. I think they are just the leaks mixed with the Perhaps version that was released, then somebody has fucked with the bitrate & thrown them in a zip file. 

I see nothing to prove that this is a real rip of the Japanese CD at all. & while bonus tracks in Japan are a thing for sure this doesn't mean Monsters will be on that CD. I hope it is but I think this is just people maybe getting carried away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1