THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

34 minutes ago, Rindmelon said:

Again if pointing out basic problems is considered 'bitching' what's the point in even engaging in discussion here? I'm realizing none.  

Live From The Jungle was released in 1988, that's a long time ago. Expecting lyrics to be written correctly is not an unreasonable expectation. But perhaps I shouldn't be surprised when the thing i paid for was already advertised as 'Perphaps' and then delayed, and then when I did get it the cover looked like it had been designed in minecraft & while Perhaps sounds great (to me) the B-Side has clipping all over it, which people believe is something that has been imagined in the minds of people so they have something to complain about. As if people need to invent things to complain about here, jesus h christ.

I'm glad there are people who don't hear it, envious even, but the idea people are inventing this stuff just to complain is idiotic at best. If you got your stuff delivered to you with a great looking hi res cover and you enjoy the song and mix more power to you. Nobody is trying to deny your experience but others may not have the same. 

Complaints complaints complaints :lol:

• Wow 1

1 minute ago, Rindmelon said:

For legitimate reasons For legitimate reasons For legitimate reasons.

and not something I will have to endure again 

All good! The lyrics in Japanese special releases of English speaking bands is a continuing thing, not just from 1988. They’re typically produced without much input from the artists.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

Is the mastering on the Perhaps CD the same as the digital releases or did they change one/both to get an even sounding mastering?

I can let you know on Thursday when mine is expected to be delivered unless anyone else has an update 

• ABSUЯD 1

7 hours ago, Heather14 said:
9 hours ago, Atlas19 said:

I suppose no Monters, right?

Sorry to dash everyone's hopes but no.

I felt sure Monsters would be on the Cd, if only as a hidden track, thus explaining how we got the leak.

Now we now it’s not, that raises the question how Monsters actually leaked. I feel it’s no coincidence that it’s the song we all thought was the general. 

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K, dude

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

my guess, which is not based on anything concrete is that Brain was telling the truth and he just has a colorful way with describing music which sometimes involve exploding testicles.

Yeah, he's pretty clearly describing the song in a funny way, but that doesn't mean he's not telling the truth that it's a ballad with a great chorus and bridge.

IT'S A TIMELESS BALLAD WITH A BLOW YOUR FACE OFF CHORUS AND A SUCK YOUR BALL SACK BRIDGE!!!!! (Brain Mantia, Appetite for Discussion, Aug. 18, 2010)

In describing how The General's name came about, he doesn't sound like he's joking about what happened, but rather telling a funny anecdote. His tone of voice while telling that story sounds very earnest and matter of fact, to me.

9 hours ago, Heather14 said:

Yes, both in English and Japanese.

Interestingly, there is a note saying that the lyrics of The General are based on the translator’s listening and therefore the actual lyrics may differ.

Sorry to dash everyone's hopes but no.

At least they were honest about that. I think there are quite a few "official lyrics" out there for various bands that were transcribed and not taken from the artists. It's like those guitar tablature books, even if they're officially licensed, they don't get the music from the artist, they transcribe the music themselves. Which ends up with hilariously bad and even impossible to play notation.