THE GENERAL - MONSTERS - Official Discussion Thread. NO LINKS OR ASKING FOR LINKS

33 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

We don't know if Monsters will be in fact the official title yet. It could be just a shortened version of the title, much like the band calls WTTJ as just "Jungle" on the setlist.

This. The title probably changed a 100 times through the years and could change a 100 times before (if it ever gets an official release). It's over 20 plus years old at least.

It also more likely than not sounded radically different in it's original incarnation - like the changes Silkworms (ABSURB), Hardskool (Hard School) went through. Maybe it's more Perhaps level changes, but that track probably suited Slash and Duff a bit more than these.

The version with Buckethead or the pre-Bucket version for all we know could have been twice as long with an extended guitar solo. Same goes for The General, it's a shame we can only hope for leaks to help answer these questions, but with the age of AI - we might never know for sure within a few years.

• Like 1

Refresh my memory if so, but was it ever figured out how the person who leaked TG and Monsters got their hands on them (the day in which the “Perhaps” vinyl was supposed to drop?)

Especially in finished states…

Edited by gnfr20179

12 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

We don't know if Monsters will be in fact the official title yet. It could be just a shortened version of the title, much like the band calls WTTJ as just "Jungle" on the setlist.

This is also true. but those kind of decisions take Axl decades to decide. so the wait goes on...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gnfr20179 said:

Refresh my memory if so, but was it ever figured out how the person who leaked TG and Monsters got their hands on them (the day in which the “Perhaps” vinyl was supposed to drop?)

Especially in finished states…

I thought it was just some pissed off employee

• PERHAPS 1

6 hours ago, Ollster42 said:

Interesting… I’ll never forget hopping on here that morning, seeing the boards buzzing, and then immediately getting onto SoundCloud before they pulled them. Good times :lol:

Edited by gnfr20179
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 7:51 AM, Ollster42 said:

I still think it was someone from the Swedish studio that got both tracks, then forwarded them to a fan that later leaked the songs when the band failed to release that Perhaps' EP.