AC/DC 2024 tour rumours

SAU3R

I have been watching many Youtube videos of last nights tour opening concert. Im pleasantly suprised that they seem to play every song in E Standard tuning, Brian does an good job, song tempos are fast and Angus plays great! Cant wait to see them in Dresden in 1 month

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kelmi said:

I have been watching many Youtube videos of last nights tour opening concert. Im pleasantly suprised that they seem to play every song in E Standard tuning, Brian does an good job, song tempos are fast and Angus plays great! Cant wait to see them in Dresden in 1 month

They're all a half step down again - even Thunderstruck (which was one of three they tried in Standard at Power Trip). Not that that's a bad thing. It's just enough to help out Brian without taking away anything from the tunes.

• Like 2

Great line-up, great show, great setlist. Angus carries the torch for Mal, Bon and George. Brian sings really good and has recovered from his RoB trauma. The ryhthm section consisting of Stevie, Matt Laug and Chris Chaney is doing great. LET THERE BE ROCK

Edit: Stevie, Matt and Chris can never replicate the magic of the classic rhythm sections (Dirty Deeds, Let There Be Rock) but they don't need to. They are doing a great job on their own.

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Haven’t checked out any videos yet as I’ve been tied up all weekend, but every comment I’ve read so far has been overwhelmingly positive. 

I'm just glad that Angus is able to continue AC/DC at this point. Of course I would be happy with Cliff and Phil being in the band but "the show must go on" as Malcolm always said. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I wonder at which point Angus will end AC/DC. He said that he has "a couple of boxes" worth of albums. We saw that he can replace any of the other members. I wonder if he will hire another singer if Brian retires someday.

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, Mansin Humanity said:

every now and then on one of these forums you get to read something truly incredible - and today, that was someone blaming no longer using the inflatable rosie on woke culture

anyway, please announce a US leg because that show looked great

Yep I saw that as well, absolute bollocks 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SAU3R said:

What an awesome show that was! Review I wrote on the acdc forum below:

„So, 12 hours after the end of the show I’ll try to put yesterdays thoughts and emotions into words.
It was my 5th time seeing the boys, after four shows on the ROB tour. Yesterdays show surpassed all of them BY FAR, and one of the main reasons for that is Matt Laug. It’s unbelievable, how close he replicates Phil’s parts. I closed my eyes several times during yesterdays show and there were moments when it sounded just like the River Plate show.
Stevie improved massively compared to 2015/16, especially noticeable during TS, TNT and STT. Sounds less stiff than it did back than. His guitar sound was a lot better than at PT.
Chris did a great job filling in for Cliff, also carrying the BVs (which sounded great btw). The bass could’ve been a bit louder in the mix though.

This rhythm section is obviously not Young, Williams, Rudd but I’m sure it’s the next best thing and miles ahead of the ROB section and they looked like they had a great time, with Matt and Chris singing along during some songs

Angus‘ energy was incredible as was his playing. He did struggle with the TS Intro (as expected) but apart from that his soloing was very fluid. Guitar sound was crisp af!

Brian startet of a bit rough imo, but continued to improve throughout the show. By the time they did SUL he was in full battle mode! He especially surprised me on DDDDC, YSMANL and FTATR, they were quite ropey at PT but fucking awesome yesterday! Overall his voice was a lot better than PT. Does he sound like 2010? No. Does he look and sound like 76 years old? At times yes. But to power through a mammoth set like this at 76 is nothing short of incredible and he definitely gave all he got yesterday. Nothing but respect for the man! Also he seemed to have less issues with his in ears.

Setlist was awesome, I really had my doubts they’d do 24 songs like at PT, but they fucking did it. Still having a hard time imagining, that Brian can pull this off for 24 shows, but we’ll see, he surprised me yesterday, I’m sure he’ll do it again. The only song I’d really like to replace is GTDAB. Brian struggles and it’s not like it’s one of their biggest hits and has to be played.

The crowd was alright i‘d say, nothing more nothing less, standard German crowd. Lots of clapping, loud cheers for the hits but I think I was only one fucking screaming along to SUL around me.

Bottom line: fantastic show and an even greater comeback than PT was imo. If you get chance to see them, do it! Usually they improve as the tour goes on but after yesterdays performance, it’s hard to imagine them topping that at this point of their career. I can’t even point out any highlights because the whole show was nothing short of incredible, what a performance at this point in their career!

Also nice to meet you @Jet1984 even though it was only from distance. Hope to meet more of you guys in Hannover GC!

Everybody who’s got tickets for this tour, enjoy the shows, you’re in for a treat! Can’t wait for Hannover (and maybe for more legs of this tour? Certainly possible I’d say)!“

Great review! Thanks for sharing. I am happy that you enjoyed the show. I got ticket for Bratislava show and now I am so hyped for this. Can't wait!

22 hours ago, Mansin Humanity said:

every now and then on one of these forums you get to read something truly incredible - and today, that was someone blaming no longer using the inflatable rosie on woke culture

anyway, please announce a US leg because that show looked great

The funny thing is - Rosie is still shown on the video screens so such a claim instantly falls apart.

AC/DC going so woke and yet they play a song called Givin' The Dog A Bone.

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

7 hours ago, James Bond said:

The funny thing is - Rosie is still shown on the video screens so such a claim instantly falls apart.

AC/DC going so woke and yet they play a song called Givin' The Dog A Bone.

if anything AC/DC was ahead of the woke curve, WLR is body positivity baby!!!

1 hour ago, Mansin Humanity said:

if anything AC/DC was ahead of the woke curve, WLR is body positivity baby!!!

There is a Whole Lotta her lol.

I listened to the album Stiff Upper Lip tonight. Great to see the title track of that album back in the setlist. Thought it at Power Trip was gonna be a one off. Wish they were coming to the US this summer. 

Don't wanna sound like "mr.different" here but I took the time to listen to Power Up today after quite some time away from it and man, I wish they had chosen different tracks off the album for the setlist. I get Shot In The Dark is the lead single (no idea why they chose it, though... it's one of my least favourite from Power Up), but why Demon Fire? Through The Mists of Time would be a much better option, especially as a homage to Malcolm. I also prefer Witch's Spell, No Man's Land and Rejection to either of the chosen tracks. That being said, I'm obviously still pumped about the tour, and I'll be attending the Paris show.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if Axl realizes his favorite band is playing his favorite song by them on tour now, probably pretty much just because of him suggesting it in 2016.

Edited by bmus1

4 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Demon Fire is bland as hell. Witch's Spell and TTMOT are the best tracks on the album.

Yeah Demon fire wouldn't have been on my list to hear live from that album.

The obvious ones for were Realize, Rejection, Kick you when you're down, Systems down, Witch's spell, Shot in the dark. Which is not bad to have that many solid choices! 

Listening to come clips from last night's show and Brian sounds even better than night one where he already started off so well. He's on fire. What an incredible showing for a nearly 77 year old deaf guy. 

• Like 1

I dont know what youre talkikg about Demon Fire being bland. Me as a guitar player thought it was my favourite song to play from Power Up album. Its such a fun and driving song, no wonder Angus chose it. Shot in the dark is a classic AC/DC song, I like it. I wish they would play Play Ball from Rock or Bust.

On 5/23/2024 at 9:50 PM, Kelmi said:

I dont know what youre talkikg about Demon Fire being bland. Me as a guitar player thought it was my favourite song to play from Power Up album. Its such a fun and driving song, no wonder Angus chose it. Shot in the dark is a classic AC/DC song, I like it. I wish they would play Play Ball from Rock or Bust.

IMO, it's a more bland, recycled version of Baptism By Fire, from their previous album. I really don't get the love for this one.

• PERHAPS 1

On 5/27/2024 at 7:35 AM, Cosmo said:

IMO, it's a more bland, recycled version of Baptism By Fire, from their previous album. I really don't get the love for this one.

I don’t dislike Demon Fire, but I do agree it’s a little too similar to Baptism By Fire. It’s a sound that AC/DC hasn’t done much of, and it comes across a little formulaic. 

• Like 1