Things that confuse you as a Guns N'Roses Fan? 🤔🤨

I’m confused on the stories of Steven’s involvement in the reunion. One story is that axl is loyal to his guys and it was always going to be frank. Then there’s a story that Steven was in but hurt his back.  

Edited by Asdiz
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Asdiz said:

I’m confused on the stories of Steven’s involvement in the reunion. One story is that axl is loyal to his guys and it was always going to be frank. Then there’s a story that Steven was in but hurt his back.  

Steven was never going to play full shows. Frank was always going to be there, but instead of sharing the seat, he's just the sole drummer

On 8/6/2024 at 3:27 PM, Asdiz said:

I heard the "Steven hurt his back, so he can't be in the Reunion," thing to, but IIRC, the REAL story is that Axl and the rest of the Gunners worry that Steven might become a drug addict again if he's part of the Reunion, which is why they vetoed Steven for the Reunion. 💡🤔

2 minutes ago, Karice said:

I heard the "Steven hurt his back, so he can't be in the Reunion," thing to, but IIRC, the REAL story is that Axl and the rest of the Gunners worry that Steven might become a drug addict again if he's part of the Reunion, which is why they vetoed Steven for the Reunion. 💡🤔

I think both things can be true and I wouldn't be surprised if both are. 

17 hours ago, Karice said:

Chances of him becoming drug addict by not being part of the reunion was much more than being a part to be fair.

There’s no way they’d have him as a sole permanent drummer. At best, he would have been a touring guest in the North American part of the initial tour. He wouldn’t have wanted to play CD songs, therefore Frank would always have had to be there in any case. And two permanent drummers woulda been a circus of a band. 
It wasn’t gonna happen anyway. 

26 minutes ago, jamillos said:

And two permanent drummers woulda been a circus of a band. 

That almost happened in or around 2009 with Brain and Frank. There was even a photo of them all together. 

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That almost happened in or around 2009 with Brain and Frank. There was even a photo of them all together. 

But not permanently, was it? That would have made even less sense. 

2 hours ago, Rindmelon said:

don't forget the GmatterTV stage mockups with two drum sets

I was thinking about it! 

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

But not permanently, was it? That would have made even less sense. 

It was planned, but they didn't do any live shows like that, just rehearsals, is my understanding. (If that) 

• Like 1

How they can’t all just sit down and write a damn tune. Even just the main 3. A week.. or even just a few days.. some lyrics, a melody and a hook, then Slash adds his special solo wizardry. What is the struggle? This is their profession 😭

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Karice said:

LMAO at you saying Axl Rose confuses you as a Guns N'Roses Fan! 🤣🤭🤔💡

one of the most reasonable confusions in a Gn'R's fan life I would think heh

Posted (edited)

In the Welcome To The Jungle music video, I get confused when the Axl who gets off the bus puts his suitcase on the ground, which is a sure way to get it stolen. 😵‍💫 Also I get confused when the drug dealer played by Izzy offers to sell him drugs. 😵‍💫 The Axl who gets off the bus doesn't look like the type of guy who would buy drugs(He has this small town, innocent persona about him). 😵‍💫 When I see that part, I always mentally tell Izzy,"Does this guy look like he'd want to buy drugs? 😵‍💫 Axl gives him a confused look and is like,"No thanks." 💡

Edited by Karice

It JUST occurred to me like literally 5 seconds ago what a CROCK OF BULLSHIT excuse  the "Steven can't play in the Guns N'Roses Reunion because of his bad back," really is. Steven is a DRUMMER, so he's SEATED, and his back isn't being used! I made a beeline to MYGNR Forum to post my Eureka epiphany! 💡😱🤔

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Karice said:

It JUST occurred to me like literally 5 seconds ago what a CROCK OF BULLSHIT excuse  the "Steven can't play in the Guns N'Roses Reunion because of his bad back," really is. Steven is a DRUMMER, so he's SEATED, and his back isn't being used! I made a beeline to MYGNR Forum to post my Eureka epiphany! 💡😱🤔

https://teachmeanatomy.info/back/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Karice said:

You can't be serious. You're clearly not a drummer. 

• Like 2

On 8/9/2024 at 12:03 AM, jamillos said:

You can't be serious. You're clearly not a drummer. 

I'm not a drummer you are right. Which is why I don't get why someone who has a bad back can't drum. They are seated, not standing like a guitarist or the Singers. 💡🤔

19 minutes ago, Karice said:

I'm not a drummer you are right. Which is why I don't get why someone who has a bad back can't drum. They are seated, not standing like a guitarist or the Singers. 💡🤔

Playing the drums is the most physically demanding out of them all, as you're using all your limbs. Just because you're sitting, that doesn't mean you're not using your back. I recommend that you watch some Neil Peart solo on YouTube. ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jamillos said:

Playing the drums is the most physically demanding out of them all, as you're using all your limbs. Just because you're sitting, that doesn't mean you're not using your back. I recommend that you watch some Neil Peart solo on YouTube. ;)

Yep, you are right, I  looked up something like,"Should Drummers with a bad back be drumming?" And the links were basically,"Drumming with a bad back is a REALLY bad idea! 💡🤔