Axl Sued For Sexual Assault

2 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

We all know Axl's history with women is shady at best, and probably worse in reality.

It sucks. I won't delete their music though... I also listen to Marilyn Manson although I think he's a nasty pervert.

I still have some Lost Prophets music somewhere I haven't chucked out. I'll join you in the queue for Hell. :lol:

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

We all know Axl's history with women is shady at best, and probably worse in reality.

It sucks. I won't delete their music though... I also listen to Marilyn Manson although I think he's a nasty pervert.

I have played Marilyn Manson since, although less frequently, because I feel so bloody guilty now everytime I play it. It is a shame because he had some right bangers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

It wouldn’t change people’s perceptions if Axl came out and said he was a hothead in the ‘80s. There is nothing to gain from that. Conversely, it could be construed as an admission of guilt in this or any other lawsuit that comes out of the woodwork.

How do we know Axl hasn’t privately apologized to anyone he’s wronged in the past? We’ll never know. He doesn’t need to be accountable to the public for things he may or may not have done to specific individuals.

Admitting where you f'ed up shows that you have integrity and the ability to change and grow as a person. It may not reverse his reputation as a young man, but pretending like it all never happened doesn't help the man he is today. A LOT of people would commend him and change their views of him for stepping up. Plus it's just the right thing to do.

I think when it comes to public apologies by public figures, celebrities have a huge platform, power, and thus have the ability to influence other people, all the time. Just look at Colleen Ballinger or R-Kelly. What celebrities do with their status and influence is very important. 

Obviously Axl hasn't started some child labor- or sex-cult using his influence. But I still think there is something to be said about the importance of him recognizing that his actions have impacted other people's lives. Including how he (or any celebrity) responds to their own allegations also sets an example to others. 

And as much as I'm sure he wants to lead a more private life, many of these stories of him abusing others is either already public or will only continue and continue to spread. If he wants to not leave behind a legacy of being an asshole with no remorse, he needs to publicly apologize for his past self.

Edited by DoubleTalkinComa
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I said this in the other thread, but I find it super interesting how Duff claims to be a big supporter of the MeToo movement but when someone in his camp is accused, radio silence.

I think it's pretty dumb to demand duff say something about this matter now. Why should he?

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Interviewed him once. Shook his hand. Bleak. 

This was years and years ago though, when they first started, in my defense!  

Ugh, imagine that hand you shook raped babies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I think it's pretty dumb to demand duff say something about this matter now. Why should he?

Ugh, imagine that hand you shook raped babies.

I’m not demanding anything. I literally said in my post I wanted this lineup to stay together and didn’t want a fallout. 

17 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

@AxlRoseCDII said why; Duff not speaking up when it's in his camp makes him look like a hypocrite. Although it's still too early to make any judgment calls IMO. 

Edited by DoubleTalkinComa

43 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

How would that be “No surprise”?? We all know Axl was a bit off the rails in the early days but I (and I’m sure many fans of Axl or the band) never once thought “hey that guy Axl surely was a rapest”. :facepalm: 

Because people with power tend to abuse that power. Why would Axl be any different? Just because we all idolize him on here, it shouldn't hinder us from seeing that a man in his position easily could have the feeling that they are free to do whatever they want without facing any consequences. It's happened countless times before.

I'm not passing any judgement on this particular case, I'm speaking of general power dynamics. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JasmineSwe said:

Because people with power tend to abuse that power. Why would Axl be any different? Just because we all idolize him on here, it shouldn't hinder us from seeing that a man in his position easily could have the feeling that they are free to do whatever they want without facing any consequences. It's happened countless times before.

I'm not passing any judgement on this particular case, I'm speaking of general power dynamics. 

And Is no only men, happens to womens too

2 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

In his defense I don’t know how I’d handle this either. I’m just saying it’s interesting and something worth noting.

I expect all band members will have been told to say nothing by legal reps. Even if not, Duff seems the most intelligent & savy of all of them I'm sure he probably realizes it's best to say nothing at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if that changes way in the future though.

A lot has happened since these guys put out there books, i would expect another from at least Duff and Slash in the next 10 to 15 years or so.

16 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I said this in the other thread, but I find it super interesting how Duff claims to be a big supporter of the MeToo movement but when someone in his camp is accused, radio silence.

Granted I would like to see this band and lineup stay together for a while so I’m not rooting for some big fallout or anything. All I’m saying is that it’s very interesting.

How did Slash call him when he paid a (unsuccesful) visit to Axl back in 2006? "Spineless", I presume?

7 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

We haven't even heard from Axl yet

He did reply, through his lawyer, who isn't worth his salt in my opinion. Client doesn't have any recollection isn't denial, defense or even damage control, in context of the accusations and current social climate it's an open invitation for further escalation.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Granted I would like to see this band and lineup stay together for a while so I’m not rooting for some big fallout or anything. All I’m saying is that it’s very interesting.

You're not suggesting they're only in it for the payday and everything else they do is merely to make sure they get paid the most money? never!

4 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Jamie Foxx stole the headline in The Times newspaper. Axl relegated to also!

Jamie Foxx accused of sexual assault in New York bar

Axl Rose also faces claim under state law that extends time victims can bring cases

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/49dead66-89e0-11ee-947e-24524bf233d8?shareToken=fc9849823f96a2ccf0baad189760d45b

There have been soooo many, I ready it was around like 4,000 cases that were filed? And a ton of them are big name celebrities 

• Like 2