Concerts in 2024

dontdamnmeuyi2015

Last Sunday I saw Steel Panther. Fun show, but their (pretty rehearsed) bad sex joke banter in between song goes on way too long. It takes the tempo out of the show. A few times it was kinda obvious they were using a backup/backing tape. Sometimes the screams went on while the singer was already moving his mic away. I read they've admitted to this in the past because they feel it makes for a better show. And I know they're as much a comedy act as a musical one, but it's still pretty lame. 

May be an image of 6 people and text

May be an image of 5 people and text

May be an image of 3 people and guitar

May be an image of 5 people

Last night I saw Springsteen in Nijmegen. He's still amazing, but noticably getting older and his voice isn't as powerful as it used to be. But that's nitpicking, still gives shows that are way more than anybody can reasonably expect from him. 

May be an image of 5 people and guitar

May be an image of 8 people

May be an image of 5 people

May be an image of 4 people 

May be an image of 6 people 

So that brings my 2024 to: 
2024-02-03 - DeWolff, Mooon @ EM2, Groningen
2024-03-10 - K3 @ Martiniplaza, Groningen
2024-04-19 - Kid Kapichi @ Melkweg, Amsterdam SICK
2024-05-22 - The Black Crowes @ AFAS Live, Amsterdam
2024-06-19 - Green Day, The Hives, The Interrupters @ Gelredome, Arnhem
2023-06-23 - Steel Panther @ Oosterpoort, Groningen 
2024-06-27 - Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band @ Goffertpark, Nijmegen

With still to come: 
2024-08-28 - Mdou Moctar @ Paradiso, Amsterdam
2024-08-31 - The Teskey Brothers @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam
2024-11-11 - Jason Isbell And The 400 Unit @ Ooterpoort, Groningen

I'm also considering tickets for a festival that features Kid Kapichi, who I missed in April. But I'm sort of hoping they'll announce another club show. 

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Horsens on Wednesday to see The War On Drugs. 8-hour drive each way but totally worth it! Beautiful danish city and TWOD were amazing as usual. Killer setlist and great venue as well!

Edited by SAU3R

• 3 weeks later...

So far this year: 

Judas Priest (Newark NJ - April) - great energy for an older band

AC/DC (Seville Spain - May and June - 2 shows) - my favorite band. Glad to see them getting a final run

Hootie & the Blowfish (Fenway Park - June) - took the Mrs, wasn't expecting to enjoy as much as I did, good 90s nostalgia

Foo Fighters (Citi Field NYC - July) - show got cut short halfway through due to lightning, but a fun time up until then)

Coming up:

Green Day / Smashing Pumpkins (Citi Field NYC - Tomorrow) - looking forward to Green Day playing all of Dookie. Saw pumpkins last year and found them incredibly boring, hoping for a better show. 

Pearl Jam (MSG - September) - always put on a solid live show and seem to get amped up for the Garden shows

Unless I get tickets for anything else, my concert summer ended with AC/DC on Sunday.

I’ve seen Slash, Dave Matthews Band, War on Drugs and AC/DC twice. Especially AC/DC exceeded all my expectations and TWOD were awesome as well. Hope to catch them again next year

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just added some new shows. First of all the Mrs got tickets for an artists I don't know called Cara Rose. So apparently I'm seeing that. In much better news I've bought tickets for Here's The Thing festival to still see Kid Kapichi, who's show I missed back in april due to being sick. On top of that the guys from Alestorm announced a show in my home city, which is just a no-brainer because they're brilliant. So now my 2024/2025 looks like: 

2024-02-03 - DeWolff, Mooon @ EM2, Groningen
2024-03-10 - K3 @ Martiniplaza, Groningen

2024-04-19 - Kid Kapichi @ Melkweg, Amsterdam SICK
2024-05-22 - The Black Crowes @ AFAS Live, Amsterdam
2024-06-19 - Green Day, The Hives, The Interrupters @ Gelredome, Arnhem

2024-06-23 - Steel Panther @ Oosterpoort, Groningen 
2024-06-27 - Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band @ Goffertpark, Nijmegen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024-08-28 - Mdou Moctar @ Paradiso, Amsterdam
2024-08-31 - The Teskey Brothers @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam
2024-10-12 - Kid Kapichi @ Here's The Thing Festival, 013, Tilburg
2024-11-07 - Cara Rose @ Lutherse Kerk, Groningen
2024-11-11 - Jason Isbell And The 400 Unit @ Ooterpoort, Groningen
2025-01-09 - Alestorm, Ensiferum, Tyr, Heidevolk, Elvenking @ Paganfest, Oosterpoort, Groningen

On a side-note I'm seeing Mdou Moctar and the Teskey Brothers next week. Super excited about both! 

22 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Love Bach. He was here in Dallas a few months ago. Missed that show. But i've always liked him. And I bet it will be fun.

Last time he was in my city was 8 years ago, and lockdowns hit like 2 weeks before he was supposed to play here in 2020. Some of my buddies have been waiting for this show for a long time lol.

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Last time he was in my city was 8 years ago, and lockdowns hit like 2 weeks before he was supposed to play here in 2020. Some of my buddies have been waiting for this show for a long time lol.

I'm sure this show will be very awesome. Bach is still good and I bet he will be funny too.

He came to Dallas a few years ago and we had bad storms and the electric went out. Some fans still went out to meet him. The roads here in Dallas flowed alot, so i stayed home. 

• Saw AC/DC august 13th, pretty awesome show on their part. Event was kinda meh, But a positive experience for sure.

Next up:

• Monster Magnet September 30th
  • Blues Pills October 16th
  • Sepultura October 30th

19 hours ago, username said:

Waiting in Paradiso for Mdou Moctar to go on! ^_^

Update: 

Holy hell that was good! This guy's guy playing is just so insane! Big shoutout to @ZoSoRose for introducing me to him. Had an absolutely awesome time. Also, is it normal that there's a moshpit at these guys gigs? Because there was! :lol: Depending on the song it was sometimes moshing and sometimes actual dancing. But it was definitely crazy. 

May be an image of 4 people

May be an image of 7 people and crowd

May be an image of 1 person and guitar

May be an image of 6 people and guitar

I’ve, seen Noah Kahan twice (with my daughter), the Grand Ole Opry, Billy Idol, Platinum Blonde (opened for Idol), The Cult and am taking my daughter to see Rainbow Kitten Surprise in a couple weeks, I’ m sitting outside the venue for that one, essentially the driver. I just can’t support such a thing. Hoping it gets cancelled. Might slide something else in, not sure yet. All in all, a good, fun concert year.

Just saw Weezer’s “blue planet” show. It was great! I don’t think I’ve ever heard more crowd-singing than at that show. It was sold out too. Didn’t think Weezer were that big, tbh.

Dinosaur Jr and Flaming Lips were the opening acts. I liked the former, but not the latter.

Edited by rocknroll41

Saw Tommy Stinson at a record shop, this weekend. Complete coincidence and a nice surprise!

Saw Sting on his Sting 3.0 tour in a theater, last night. It was spectacular!

Missed Judas Priest, again (saw Sting the same night so I can't complain), so I feel like I am destined to always be busy when they come :lol:

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man, came back from the Monster Magnet show here in Paris. 

They started one song - paused, because Dave, the singer, said he had a sore throat - then skipped the song, went to the second one, and he stuck to the lower notes while Phil, lead guitar, sang hw higher notes. Then played a 15 min version of one of their mellower tracks, and left the stage "sorry, my voice is too beat. Goodbye". 

Fuck this, man… what a bummer. One of my favourite bands of all time, and this happens. Shit.