Concerts in 2024

dontdamnmeuyi2015

2 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Getting tickets to see Jet next month. They're doing a 20th anniversary tour for their debut Get Born. Underrated band, especially their two later albums. Nic Cester is one of the great rock voices of all time IMO.

I tried to get one of my old bands to cover My Name Is Thunder, me and the singer wanted to do it but we were outvoted lol. I'm surprised their tours are so short, they're the kind of band that could probably sell out a run of Canadian shows or a west coast NA tour...

• Like 1

So far:

- Mos Def plays MF Doom January 20th (awesome - ️)

- Lucifer February 16th (good - ️)

- Sunn O))) April 6th (perfect - ️)

- Judas Priest April 8th (perfect - ️)

- Stoned Jesus April 18th (good - ️)

- Slash April 29th (good - ️)

- Tenacious D May 15th (awesome - ️)

- AC/DC August 13th (awesome - ️)

- Monster Magnet September 29th (zero stars - they didn’t play 😔)

Next up:

- Blues Pills October 16th

- Sepultura October 30th

- Linkin Park November 15th

Edited by Cosmo

On 8/6/2024 at 5:12 PM, SAU3R said:

Unless I get tickets for anything else, my concert summer ended with AC/DC on Sunday.

I’ve seen Slash, Dave Matthews Band, War on Drugs and AC/DC twice. Especially AC/DC exceeded all my expectations and TWOD were awesome as well. Hope to catch them again next year

Got tickets for Wild Pink in Cologne on Wednesday! Only discovered them a couple of weeks ago, they released a great album last friday and tickets are just 18€

Shameless crossposting: 

So after being sick last April I managed to catch Kid Kapichi last night at Here's The Thing festival in Tilburg. Awesome show! The did the same set as the one I missed except one song, so I'm pretty fucking happy with that as it was a great set. Would've been even better had they added something like Glitterati or Special, but I definitely can't complain. Shame that they had Bob Vylan's bit in New England on tape, it would be cooler if they somehow did that live. Still pretty cool how Jack just did Suggs' verse from Zombie Nation. Some of Suggs other bits were on tape, but that was okay. Didn't take the energy out a bit like Bob Vylan's verse from tape. Speaking of energy there was a fucking ton of that! And from what I could see and hear Jack didn't have any sort of backing track. You could tell a few times when he took a breath of air on a few very fast bits. All in all a fucking great show, would go see them again! :D 

The rest of the festival absolutely SUCKED. :lol: But KK were worth the ticket. 

May be an image of 3 people and guitar

May be an image of 3 people

May be an image of 2 people and guitar

May be an image of 3 people, guitar and violin

May be an image of 3 people

It is looking like this is going to be my year's end list,

-
Neil Young & Crazy Horse/ Reverend Billy and the Stop Shopping Choir (Love Earth Tour)- Pine Knob, Clarkston, MI
-Eminem with the DSO, Diana Ross, Jack White, Big Sean, The Clark Sisters, Kierra Sheard, Illa J, Sky Jetta, Theo Parrish, Slum Village, Melissa Etheridge, Common, Fantasia, and Jelly Roll (Live From Detroit)- Michigan Central Station, Detroit, MI
-Mdou Moctar (Funeral for Justice Tour)- Magic Bag, Ferndale, MI
-John Fogerty/ George Thorogood & the Destroyers/ Hearty Har (Celebration Tour)- Pine Knob, Clarkston, MI
*Jack White (No Name Tour)- St. Andrews Hall, Detroit, MI* (Didn't get into the show but listened to a lot of it from outside and got to briefly meet Jack!)
-Robert Jon & The Wreck (Red Moon Rising Tour)- Magic Bag, Ferndale, MI
-The Hentchmen with Jack White (Hamtramck Labor Day Festival)- Hamtramck, MI
-Tommy Stinson- Used Kid’s Records, Columbus, OH
-Sting/ Elew (Sting 3.0 Tour)- The Fillmore, Detroit, MI
-Jeff Lynne’s ELO (Over and Out Tour)- Little Caesar’s Arena, Detroit, MI

Upcoming
-Stevie Wonder (Sing Your Song! Heal our Nation’s Broken Heart Tour)- Little Caesar’s Arena, Detroit, MI (Have tickets)
-David Gilmour (Luck and Strange Tour)- Madison Square Garden, New York, NY (Have tickets)

All in all, a very good year! There are some huge names I can cross off. I believe all of my absolute must- sees are now concluded once I see Wonder and Gilmour.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

Just got back from Blues Pills. Second time seeing them live. What a show. Simply amazing. Elin Larsson is simply the best singer out there today, hands down. And this new record is so good. One of the best shows I've been to this year, and I've been to a few.

If you're not familiar with Blues Pills, I highly recommend you listen to their stuff on streaming. They're one of the best bands in activity, for sure.

Screenshot2024-10-16at23_27_07.thumb.png.ea443b5d32cc8a65b289a4c8061d6c2f.png  Screenshot2024-10-16at23_27_25.png.89b4d80c191bd5307c1765dbe881d4f6.png

Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats announced a Vancouver show in February, definitely gonna try to go to that.

It's been great to see their rise... when they first played Vancouver less than a decade ago they played a 1000-person bar... next time they headlined a blues festival, then played a 10k venue on their own, now they're headlining an arena tour. They're fantastic live and absolutely deserve the success. :headbang:

Went to see Duff last night and was pleasantly surprised. Saw him 5 years ago in Brussels on his Tenderness tour and there were barely 250 ppl in attendance. Now it was in a new venue near Liège and I was expecting even less people, but there were a lot more. I'm really bad at making estimates, but the venue apparently can hold up to 1700. It wasn't sold out or anything, but it was pretty filled up. We had enough room to stand and all, but the difference with Brussels was huge. So that was a nice surprise.

I never really listened to his Lighthouse album, so I didn't come as well prepared as 5 years ago, only listened to the album on our way in there. The difference between the album and Duff live is big, I think. He sounds so much better live, with his great band and him being a pretty great frontman, I think. He talked quite a bit in between songs and had some funny stories, he seemed again very grateful to be able to do this and have that many people turn up for his solo project. And everyone seemed to have a great time, there wasn't people talking or being really obnoxious throwing beer at him like I saw happened a week ago or so.

At the end of the show, he got off the stage to shake hands with the people in the first rows, such a great guy :wub: 

Hearing You're Crazy without Axl is a bit odd, but it was really fun anyway and the band were great. Loved it.

The support act was good as well, James and the Cold Gun. Right as we entered the venue, the singer said he was happy to introduce a special guest on the guitar for the next two songs and that it was a bit of a treat for us. Turned out it was Duff's photographer, Luke :lol: But yeah, nice for him.

All in all we had a great night. And made me realize I LOVE going to a small venue, just getting there in time, being able to go to a clean toilet etc. instead of standing in a field, as I usually have to do for GNR. Bleh. Here's to hoping they will finally do an indoor show at some point again.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lio said:

Went to see Duff last night and was pleasantly surprised. Saw him 5 years ago in Brussels on his Tenderness tour and there were barely 250 ppl in attendance. Now it was in a new venue near Liège and I was expecting even less people, but there were a lot more. I'm really bad at making estimates, but the venue apparently can hold up to 1700. It wasn't sold out or anything, but it was pretty filled up. We had enough room to stand and all, but the difference with Brussels was huge. So that was a nice surprise.

I never really listened to his Lighthouse album, so I didn't come as well prepared as 5 years ago, only listened to the album on our way in there. The difference between the album and Duff live is big, I think. He sounds so much better live, with his great band and him being a pretty great frontman, I think. He talked quite a bit in between songs and had some funny stories, he seemed again very grateful to be able to do this and have that many people turn up for his solo project. And everyone seemed to have a great time, there wasn't people talking or being really obnoxious throwing beer at him like I saw happened a week ago or so.

At the end of the show, he got off the stage to shake hands with the people in the first rows, such a great guy :wub: 

Hearing You're Crazy without Axl is a bit odd, but it was really fun anyway and the band were great. Loved it.

The support act was good as well, James and the Cold Gun. Right as we entered the venue, the singer said he was happy to introduce a special guest on the guitar for the next two songs and that it was a bit of a treat for us. Turned out it was Duff's photographer, Luke :lol: But yeah, nice for him.

All in all we had a great night. And made me realize I LOVE going to a small venue, just getting there in time, being able to go to a clean toilet etc. instead of standing in a field, as I usually have to do for GNR. Bleh. Here's to hoping they will finally do an indoor show at some point again.

Thank you for this detailed review. I am glad that you had a great night and enjoyed your show. It seems that a lot of people really liked Duff on this tour more than on the Tenderness one. Almost all of the reviews are generally really positive.

I am coming to Stockholm show on Tuesday (found really cheap flight from my town and made a mini vacation) , so I was interested to hear some experiences. I have never seen Duff before on his tours, and now I hope that I will also have a good evening there.:)

• Like 2

On 10/18/2024 at 8:51 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats announced a Vancouver show in February, definitely gonna try to go to that.

It's been great to see their rise... when they first played Vancouver less than a decade ago they played a 1000-person bar... next time they headlined a blues festival, then played a 10k venue on their own, now they're headlining an arena tour. They're fantastic live and absolutely deserve the success. :headbang:

Got pit tickets, fucking stoked to see them again. One of the best live bands out there :headbang:

Saw Stevie Wonder last night. What an experience. 2 hours and 45 minutes of music (including a portion where Stevie took a break, and the band played with a choir and other singer). It was a joyous concert and pretty unique of the many I have seen. There were bad sound issues that stopped the show 3- times. Stevie was an absolute pro and did a great job guiding the crowd through them with piano improv (including We Can Work It Out by The Beatles!).

He was the most energetic and talkative performer I have ever seen. He was so excited to be there and would talk and tell stories between almost every song. He even "walked us through" a new song he is putting out by reciting the lyrics and talking about it as opposed to playing it :lol:. He would also stop his band a lot, "hold up, hold up", after playing a few minutes of a big hit and then would get excited and launch into another, and another, and another. It felt spontaneous and it was a blast. He played so many songs, I think it was like a 30- song show. I loved it. He is an absolute must- see, legend. This was a last- minute tour announcement (I think it was announced only 2- weeks ago) and he sold out the arena. 

His band was killer and freaking huge. There were like 60- people on- stage at times between an orchestra, horn section, choir, and the band. 

He is a treasure. Totally worthy of his legend- status. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2