GNR on Vinyl and CD

On 8/29/2024 at 11:48 AM, Dean said:

Pretty neat, though it's criminal you allowed Ashba to deface it! :lol: There was a fella who scored Paul's autograph by reaching out to him and asking if he paid for postage etc, if he could sign it - it worked. Did you manage to score Bucket's? There was chat he used to refuse to sign GNR stuff, so that's a big win if you pulled that off. Fingers crossed you manage to get Axl's at some point. I'm sure it'd be a trip for him seeing all of those signatures too.

It was my brother and his ex - if I recall properly, they got in a party at a hotel in Rio and asked for everyone in the 2011 lineup to sign and DJ was there so he signed it too lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'll post this here since it doesn't really need it's own thread... "Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights", scored by Slash, is getting a pretty cool vinyl pressing. It will be available September 5.

3f6138_f680a75194784d61a7d46a221bae4020~

Whoa. I might grab that. Music any good?

18 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Whoa. I might grab that. Music any good?

I haven't seen a tracklist, but I think it's some of these songs he did a few years ago? He did a few "EPs" worth of songs for different things, idk which ones are on the record... guess we'll find out in a few days.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Might be getting an OG Live like a Suicide!

Do it if you have the chance! You already have an awesome collection with all those boots.

The only officially released vinyl I don’t have in some form or another is Live Era. Considering that album isn’t really live, and any available copies go for way too much, I’ll waiting on an eventual reissue. 

2 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

The only officially released vinyl I don’t have in some form or another is Live Era. Considering that album isn’t really live, and any available copies go for way too much, I’ll waiting on an eventual reissue. 

I feel lucky to have snagged Live Era at such a relatively low price, around $125-150 CDN shipped from Japan. It was years ago so I don't remember the exact conversion, but that's not much over $100 US. It wasn't sealed and has a small dent in one of the corners, but otherwise it's in great shape. I'd never pay $500-1000 or whatever the going rate is these days, though. Got the Red Hand CD for a similar price too.

Knowing they remastered Rio 91, London 91 and Paris 92 for the UYI box set, and apparently the Ritz show for the AFD box, I really wouldn't be surprised if they do a live box set and reissue Live Era eventually.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Knowing they remastered Rio 91, London 91 and Paris 92 for the UYI box set, and apparently the Ritz show for the AFD box, I really wouldn't be surprised if they do a live box set and reissue Live Era eventually.

Man, that would be unreal!

• Like 2

Just got back from a family trip from Amsterdam to Munich on a river cruise. I did fairly well finding some German/Euro pressings that i didn't have in Amsterdam and Nijmegen...struck out in German stores. 

20240811_154635.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GoBucky said:

Just got back from a family trip from Amsterdam to Munich on a river cruise. I did fairly well finding some German/Euro pressings that i didn't have in Amsterdam and Nijmegen...struck out in German stores. 

20240811_154635.jpg

Did you shop at Concerto Records in Amsterdam? I love that place.

21 hours ago, GoBucky said:

20240811_154635.jpg

Awesome scores! I was thinking of buying that new CD box, but I was bummed it didn't have the entire Chicago 92 show. I have that Argentina 93 vinyl set and it is awesome! Love the splatter vinyl and the sound is decent!

I got "Patience" (bootleg with the naked chick) and "Everybody's Ass is Up for Grab", yesterday! Now the boots I will mainly hunt are "Halloween on the Horizon", "Bad Boys, Great Noize", and "Paradise".

• Like 1

Oh! I also got the foil cross cover for the Locked N' Loaded box. It is a nice companion to the foil 2023 Robert Williams cover. To complete my Locked N' Loaded box I still need "B- Sides N' EPs" and the "Live Like a Suicide" reissue. Plus all the singles and the cassette. I may complete it, one day, but the prices are going up for those. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Awesome scores! I was thinking of buying that new CD box, but I was bummed it didn't have the entire Chicago 92 show. I have that Argentina 93 vinyl set and it is awesome! Love the splatter vinyl and the sound is decent!

I got "Patience" (bootleg with the naked chick) and "Everybody's Ass is Up for Grab", yesterday! Now the boots I will mainly hunt are "Halloween on the Horizon", "Bad Boys, Great Noize", and "Paradise".

Yeah, i was happy to find the Argentina show. I have the 1 record album, so I normally would've passed on it, but it's a great show. I was extremely happy to come across the German pressing of Lies. Some would say it's dumb or hoarding, but I collect multiple different pressings of their albums.  I have Lies on US, US Club, Canada Club and Japan pressings, so I was very happy to get that. I have 18 different pressings of Appetite, and that same store had a Euro pressing that I don't have, but the original owner wrote his name in ink on the cover, so I passed.

Check out the seller named: mymusicvaries on Whatnot. He had a ton of original boots, and has a store near him that he can get more from. I grabbed a handful of 80's boots from him last year and they were in great shape. I know he had Paradise not too long ago. Nice pick ups on the other two! 

On 8/28/2024 at 3:35 PM, guitarpatch said:

The 1 LP version of Greatest Hits is getting the Target exclusive red splatter treatment. Preorder for October  

https://www.target.com/p/guns-n-39-roses-greatest-target-exclusive-vinyl/-/A-93127200#lnk=sametab

Hard Skool is on there? Everyone is going to need to turn the volume down when it comes to that track, assuming it wasn't remastered with the rest of the songs on there. Why isn't Better included? (I know why) But still...

47 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

The Slash Universal record is available here. They only have 100 available, and it's expensive...$75 with shipping.

https://www.dekoentertainment.com/product-page/slash-t-b-a

Were they signed? Sold out pretty fast, he said there would be another variant though so hopefully they press a bigger number of those. I'd be happy with an unsigned black vinyl for a more reasonable price.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Were they signed? Sold out pretty fast, he said there would be another variant though so hopefully they press a bigger number of those. I'd be happy with an unsigned black vinyl for a more reasonable price.

Not signed. My brother in law stopped at City Walk at Universal before work today and grabbed me one. The lady working there told him that there were 1500 pressed. I'm not sure of that's for each color, or total. The store he was at outside the park didn't get any signed ones, and supposedly only got 30 copies. She said the rest are being sold inside the park. I cant imagine people going to a theme park to get on ride's in 100 heat would really want to carry a record around all day. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 1:54 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

I'll post this here since it doesn't really need it's own thread... "Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights", scored by Slash, is getting a pretty cool vinyl pressing. It will be available September 5.

Is that glow in the dark? If so, while the design is cool, bear in mind glow in the dark pressings have terrible sound quality due to the stuff they need to put in the wax to create the glow.

Looks cool though. 

On 8/31/2024 at 1:54 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Now on eBay for the bargain sum of $2000

• Haha 1

On 12/23/2023 at 10:46 PM, ZoSoRose said:

I’d kill for a 3-4 LP set from 2016 or even 2017 NITL. Can’t believe none exist- official or unofficial. :(

On 12/28/2023 at 6:09 PM, DSTK said:

There's plenty of soundboard & IEM shows from 16 onwards, best you'll get is flac burned onto cd though 

On 12/28/2023 at 6:40 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Well, only a couple from 2016, which means most of what we have sucks :lol:

I'd love a live record from 2016 but I'd pass if it was from 2018 onward... they couldn't release just Houston 2016 (because of November Rain) but a compilation of Houston/Arlington, or even the NA leg in general, would be great.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:29 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Of course. I was at those shows and I'm glad to have such a high quality recording of them, but the NA tour was another level. At least we got a couple songs from Houston, Coachella, Mexico, etc.

But a compilation with WTTJ from Detroit, RQ from Houston, This I Love from Seattle, OTGM and My Michelle with Steven... they could release a legitimately great live album from that leg if they wanted to.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:12 PM, DSTK said:

I suppose the best of what we have is LA Forum 17, both Vegas 16 are played at a million mhp, too fast ic a tempo , the selects were shit upto a point , Apollo NY mixed by a child & the IEM of San Diego is ok , Iceland tragic & milan we only got 10 tracks 

Japan's xavel iems are OK but the forum show rocks for me, 4 hours & a killer set 

Apollo 2017 is coming out in a 4- record set, next month! Can’t wait

• Like 2