Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

Posted (edited)

LOL to the Axl chat at the start...I'd love to have seen Slash's face when Fergie told him in 2010 she was naming her son, Axl! 😂

Edit. I see Blackstar posted it already but oh well....

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Isn’t this the one with Slash and Tash only?

Looking forward to watch some YouTube videos.

Stoked for this.. Though I probably won't see it until Friday. Taking mushrooms and going to the Stones tomorrow!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Stoked for this.. Though I probably won't see it until Friday. Taking mushrooms and going to the Stones tomorrow!  

Enjoy! I’ll be seeing them in July sans the mushrooms 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/26/2024 at 4:26 AM, GNRmello77 said:

How is the album or songs of it doing in the us charts? Just saw it's on #8 in the UK album top 100 which is very good imo

On 5/26/2024 at 4:33 AM, GNRmello77 said:

It entered the Dutch top 100 on 41

On 5/26/2024 at 5:46 AM, Lio said:

Looked it up in Flanders, it's on 44.

On 5/26/2024 at 7:47 AM, Free Bird said:

On 2 in German album charts

It debuted at #98 in the US and is projected to fall out the top 200 completely next week. Obviously a significant disparity compared to Europe (as usual). But still, I expected a little more because these are extremely bad results for such a decent album. I don't think it was promoted that well.

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Gotta say the keyboard is sort of overpowering in an acoustic setting like that, it drowns the guitars out

The camera is right next to the keyboard

Well that was no where as cool as i thought it would be.  Teddy sang most of the songs and he brings nothing to the table as far as that is concerned.  He looks like a fat slob which wouldn't matter if he didn't that sound like he belongs in a shitty bar band.  He just sang the worst versions of The Pusher and Built for Comfort that I have ever heard.  He was awful all around. The songs were played too fast. Crossroads especially.. It doesn't work that fast on Acoustic. 

I can't see this little promotion helping to sell any tickets unfortunately.  They need the drummer and bassist in there to save them. 

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Maybe it would've been cool to be there in person but that video was quite disappointing. Can't hear anything and it just feels awkward.

Agreed. I can't get over how bad Teddy is.. Well I guess we already knew that.. He sucks in all those Blues Balls videos from back in the day too. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agreed. I can't get over how bad Teddy is.. Well I guess we already knew that.. He sucks in all those Blues Balls videos from back in the day too. 

I went back to visit Oh Well from Blues Ball and it was sang ridiculously bad. Teddy should stay far away from the mic.

• Like 1

Another video clip

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7k1PL8RXb3/?igsh=cnhsMWE5dTJ1anZ0

Some pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7mKOtwRBvz/?igsh=MWdmbzdzMnhlZnRqdg==

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

There's just not much energy in this performance. Idk if it's because of Teddy or because it's acoustic (I think it's more the latter) but it just falls flat.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Wasn't that Tash guy supposed to do lead vocals? 

It looks like they split them.. God I hope someone with balls and a set of ears says something.. That dude shouldn't sing more than one or two songs. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

There's just not much energy in this performance. Idk if it's because of Teddy or because it's acoustic (I think it's more the latter) but it just falls flat.

Combination of both. Teddy is a terrible singer and they were playing the acoustics like they were electric. The drums and bass are fantastic on that album. Hopefully those guys will right the ship. 

• Like 2