Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

On 6/23/2024 at 7:56 AM, Blackstar said:

SB-Nashville-Happenings-Slash-AnalogAtHu

GRAMMY Award-winning guitarist Slash, of Guns N’ Roses fame, is slated to perform live for a television taping of Recorded Live at Analog. Enjoy an intimate setting at Nashville’s premier music venue, Analog at Hutton Hotel, as you witness Slash’s new album up close. Doors open at 7 p.m., and the show starts at 8 p.m. Limited complimentary tickets are available HERE.

https://styleblueprint.com/event/slash-recorded-live-at-analog/

Fuck….I wish I would have seen this. I know the local radio station is giving away tickets. Guess I’ll try to get them that way.

Edited by Tourettes2400

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

So I just saw a comment on Facebook stating that Warren Haynes Symphony dates were canceled and that he was joining Slash on some East Coast shows now. Not sure how true that is but that would be pretty damn sweet.

In one of the latest interviews Blackstar posted, Slash said he wanna do jams everynight after he finishes his gig with the artists of that particular show, respectively with those who stay and want to come to the stage for a jam.

He also mentioned again that he would like to bring this festival to Europe. Damn I hope so 🤞.

@Blackstar thanks for constantly posting this kind of stuff!

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Free Bird said:

In one of the latest interviews Blackstar posted, Slash said he wanna do jams everynight after he finishes his gig with the artists of that particular show, respectively with those who stay and want to come to the stage for a jam.

I was hoping they'd do a couple jams in their set, but one big jam with everybody would be an awesome way to end the show. :headbang:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Free Bird said:

You guys going are so lucky!

In that same interview where he mentions doing a jam at the end of the show, he mentions bringing in guests from each city. Redmond is just outside Seattle, would be cool if Duff made an appearance... but I'd love to see him jam with Ayron Jones, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

In that same interview where he mentions doing a jam at the end of the show, he mentions bringing in guests from each city. Redmond is just outside Seattle, would be cool if Duff made an appearance... but I'd love to see him jam with Ayron Jones, too.

He talked about that in an interview before and I understood it like he’s talking about the guest singers on the album. However, I think the shows are gonna be great.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

He talked about that in an interview before and I understood it like he’s talking about the guest singers on the album. However, I think the shows are gonna be great.

He said "I plan on bringing guests in from the area, people who... I'm familiar with that happen to be in a particular city."

It could be that a singer from the album happens to be in the same city as him, but I thought he meant "a Seattle artist, an LA artist, a Nashville artist, etc"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He said "I plan on bringing guests in from the area, people who... I'm familiar with that happen to be in a particular city."

It could be that a singer from the album happens to be in the same city as him, but I thought he meant "a Seattle artist, an LA artist, a Nashville artist, etc"

Yeah in that particular interview it sounded like that, absolutely. I got my impression from another interview. He might have even changed his opinion over the weeks. 

• Like 1

I have heard him say on more than one occasion that this is very loose. He welcomes anyone musician aquaintances in the area of the shows to jam with him whether they were on the album or not. Opening bands included. I am hoping maybe someone from Aerosmith on the Boston show because the openers for this show aren't that exciting.. I started looking into them and ZZ Ward isn't my thing at all.. She is  just a notch above terrible pop music.. Maaaaybe a tinge of blues throw in at times. It looks like she tried to have more of a blues/country image than the actually putting it in the music. Robert Randolf is more bluesy but also has a lot of pop and even hip hop mixed in. Not my thing either. Keb Mo seems pretty legit. I would like to see him but I believe he is on first.. Not sure about getting there that early to have to sit through the other two. 

Warren Haynes and Kingfish would have been pretty sweet. Would have loved to see them jam with Slash. I am sure I will on youtube though! As I mentioned earlier, Warren Haynes has been canceling his Symphony shows. Reason I saw was due to poor ticket sales but I just saw that online from an unofficial source. That would be bad ass if he joined Slash for more dates. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 8:37 AM, GNRmello77 said:

I really like the part when Billy calls Slash sharing the vocals very proud, and Slash reacting enthousiastic. 

Noticed that he played his solo on a Slash signature? 😂
Even his 2nd solo, that one right after Slash’s slide guitar solo, sounds very slashy, especially for the first 15 or 20 seconds.

Edited by Free Bird

That episode re-enforces some thoughts I was having yesterday.

First, that Iggy song is by far my least favorite. He never really resonated with me anyway but his vocals on this track are super annoying. He just over emphasizes everything too much.. Especially the vibrato.. May also have been the worst harmonica I have ever heard.. Including those awful noises he was making..

Dorothy has an amazing voice.. It is going to be tough being used to the studio tracks with amazing vocals like that and then have to hear Teddy sing them live. That is going to make Teddy sound even worse.. Same goes for the Beth Hart and the Demi Lovato songs.. From all the recent interviews it looks like Teddy is going to do most of the singing..

I was also thinking he should bring a female vocalist along for backups and to maybe sing one or two of those songs.. From the video It looks like he was using them during the recording process. Would be cool if he brings one or two along. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

That episode re-enforces some thoughts I was having yesterday.

First, that Iggy song is by far my least favorite. He never really resonated with me anyway but his vocals on this track are super annoying. He just over emphasizes everything too much.. Especially the vibrato.. May also have been the worst harmonica I have ever heard.. Including those awful noises he was making..

Dorothy has an amazing voice.. It is going to be tough being used to the studio tracks with amazing vocals like that and then have to hear Teddy sing them live. That is going to make Teddy sound even worse.. Same goes for the Beth Hart and the Demi Lovato songs.. From all the recent interviews it looks like Teddy is going to do most of the singing..

I was also thinking he should bring a female vocalist along for backups and to maybe sing one or two of those songs.. From the video It looks like he was using them during the recording process. Would be cool if he brings one or two along. 

Hopefully Tash is singing most of the songs and Slash doesn’t do the same mistake as in the nineties.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Slash to perform at Seattle’s Easy Street Records

https://kslx.com/slash-to-perform-at-seattles-easy-street-records/

If it were announced earlier, I probably would've booked an extra day at my hotel and gone to this. It's cool that he's doing these acoustic/record store appearances though, I assume there will be more throughout the tour.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

16 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Hopefully Tash is singing most of the songs and Slash doesn’t do the same mistake as in the nineties.

Doesn't sound it. I have heard him praise Teddy's singing more than once know and hardly mentions Tash lol

47 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Doesn't sound it. I have heard him praise Teddy's singing more than once know and hardly mentions Tash lol

I heard him praise both and even saying something like Tash is an awesome singer and can sing any of those songs.

I’ve still a little bit of hope, so c’mon 😂.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

I heard him praise both and even saying something like Tash is an awesome singer and can sing any of those songs.

I’ve still a little bit of hope, so c’mon 😂.

I am sure it will all be great overall

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 9:33 AM, Free Bird said:

Noticed that he played his solo on a Slash signature? 😂

That's simply because that's the guitar that lives at that particular studio. I guess Billy didn't bring his own.

23 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was also thinking he should bring a female vocalist along for backups and to maybe sing one or two of those songs

Yeah I agree with this, that would definitely help.

• Like 1