Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Man this would have been an amazing instrumental.. Not to beat a "Dead Horse" but Teddy's vocals almost ruins this.. Was watching it last night before bed and shut it off after the solo because of him. The band/Slash is amazing though

It's kinda like what most of us have been saying about Axl for years - the vocals aren't good, but when you're at the show it's easy to just focus on the band. Teddy's not good, but he doesn't ruin it when you're there, the band is so fuckin good. I enjoyed this show a lot more than when I saw GNR last year.

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That was cool, I hope they upload the whole set eventually. 

The show closest to me is on Sunday but I'm still thinking I'm going to skip it. The prices for the good seats haven't gone down and I'm ok with just watching the videos.

I don't know how close it is or what the prices are like, but I can't recommend seeing this tour enough. Even if you get cheap seats it will be fun.

• Like 2

went to the lincoln show on Friday. Whole show was phenomenal & fun. The Venue at Thunder Valley has a really great new sound system. No dull moments at all. I don't really understand all the hate about Teddy, he sounded great to me. Reminded me of Howlin' Wolf or Captain Beefheart, obviously not as brilliant as them. Definitely did not ruin a single moment. Also, fun surprise of Les Stroud from Survivorman joining on harmonica for 2 or 3 songs. I wouldn't miss a show if it's close & affordable for ya.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Shit, Eric Gales joined for Stone Free too. Looks like it was the best show of the tour so far. Can't wait for that live stream in a few days.

that jam at the end was fire

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Stone Free: I’m not familiar with that one but it transforms into Black Magic Woman! Is this the typical arrangement of that song or did Bluesball combine those two?

Stone Free is a Hendrix song.. The version I watched the other night, they incorporated "Third Stone from the Sun" into it which is another Hendrix song.  I thought I did see Black Magic Woman on one of the setlists too.  Black Magic Woman is a Fleetwood Mac song made popular by Santana. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

Awesome to see he's bringing the openers out for more songs!

The live stream is tomorrow's show right? Really stoked for a high quality recording from this tour... much like with SMKC's 4, the 'live album' could be even better than the studio album. :headbang:

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 8:05 PM, Free Bird said:

This whole Orgy Of The Damned project/Serpent festival shows that Axl should just handle over the GNR business to Slash. It’s difficult to listen to this record without trying to imagine how many arrangement ideas and solos would be perfect for the next GNR record. Major lost opportunity for GNR but an immense win for the blues industry.

I thought the opposite... Axl's not handing anything over, so let GNR be what it is: a nostalgia band that tours for a few months every year or two. I'm really hoping this Blues Ball band becomes a priority for at least the next couple years and he takes the festival to Europe, SA, etc.

They've shown just from the tour that they could record another killer album of covers any time they want... let this thing ride with a new album/tour for the next few summers! :headbang:

• Like 4