Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

I'm still very much undecided whether or not to go see this live, if/when it comes to Europe. 

Reasons to go: 

- Slash seems passionate about this
- Great album, awesome songs
- Good Tash vocals

Reasons not to go: 

- Probably very expensive
- Poor Teddy vocals

2 minutes ago, username said:

I'm still very much undecided whether or not to go see this live, if/when it comes to Europe. 

Reasons to go: 

- Good Tash vocals

Reasons not to go: 

- Poor Teddy vocals

I’m not familiar with the European blues artists. I don’t know if here’s a scene like that in the States that Slash’s on tour with currently. If he’s able to bring that kind of festival to Europe, including artists with similar quality, then hallelujah. I’d pay a lot of money to see this, but at the same time, I doubt it would be that expensive. What’s the price for a ticket of the current tour, 80 bucks? Absolutely appropriate if you ask me. 

36 minutes ago, username said:

Reasons to go: 

- Good Tash vocals

Reasons not to go: 

- Poor Teddy vocals

The tickets weren't very expensive considering there was 4 good bands at the show - I think initially they were around $60, and some shows were discounted.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9p8yYqqmAw/

for those who aren't able to view the instagram post:

**Special Announcement from SLASH**

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, the S.E.R.P.E.N.T tour regrettably has to cancel our performance at The Mill in Terre Haute, IN on July 21, 2024. Refunds will be available at points of purchase."

To our valued patrons, refunds will be issued to ticket holders and we will be reaching out to you directly with more information as we work with Ticketmaster to ensure a seamless process.

• Wow 2

12 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C9p8yYqqmAw/

for those who aren't able to view the instagram post:

**Special Announcement from SLASH**

"Due to unforeseen circumstances, the S.E.R.P.E.N.T tour regrettably has to cancel our performance at The Mill in Terre Haute, IN on July 21, 2024. Refunds will be available at points of purchase."

To our valued patrons, refunds will be issued to ticket holders and we will be reaching out to you directly with more information as we work with Ticketmaster to ensure a seamless process.

Dang, I hope nobody in the band is sick. Was this one of the shows that was selling poorly?

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Dang, I hope nobody in the band is sick. Was this one of the shows that was selling poorly?

I was looking at the remaining tickets for TN and I hope they don’t have any “unforeseen circumstances” happening for this show. There are a ton of tickets left. Edit: Now that we know what happened, I will take this comment back, but I still hope that more tickets sell.

IMG_0045.jpeg

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Sad 2
  • Wow 2

I don’t think this show will be coming to Europe at all. The current dates run until end of August and obviously there’s no announcement yet or ticket sales. You’d usually have tickets on sale for a few months before a show. 

Slash already mentioned that he’s making a new SMKC album this year and then back to Guns in 2025. 

Whatever gap there is between end of this tour and start of Guns tour will be SMKC time. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

I don’t think this show will be coming to Europe at all. The current dates run until end of August and obviously there’s no announcement yet or ticket sales. You’d usually have tickets on sale for a few months before a show. 

Slash already mentioned that he’s making a new SMKC album this year and then back to Guns in 2025. 

Whatever gap there is between end of this tour and start of Guns tour will be SMKC time. 

2024 is basically over, that’s right. Slash said he wishes the Serpent festival will become a regular thing and then he’d like to make it global. I’m thinking in long terms when I say I hope we in Europe get the chance to see this.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

In an interview on the radio here, he mentioned 2026 as a possible date for Europe. Something along the lines of "if not next year, the year after". 

I wonder how much the lack of interest in tickets/the album will have on him doing it though.....even though it seemed to do better in other countries than the US, sales wise. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

In an interview on the radio here, he mentioned 2026 as a possible date for Europe. Something along the lines of "if not next year, the year after". 

I wonder how much the lack of interest in tickets/the album will have on him doing it though.....even though it seemed to do better in other countries than the US, sales wise. 

I think Slash's blues tour would do far better in EU, if he does it in 2026! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brad_k said:

Someone in the comments mentioned about Meegan’s daughter passing away, guessing it’s something to do with that ☹️

Apparently they posted that in the comments and got the info from here. I really hope that it's not true.

IMG_6885.thumb.jpeg.292d8b1a72dcd190f9cf62d4de5efba9.jpeg

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Sad 8
  • Wow 2

10 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I was looking at the remaining tickets for TN and I hope they don’t have any “unforeseen circumstances” happening for this show. There are a ton of tickets left. 

IMG_0045.jpeg

The one here in Ohio didn't seem to be selling well at all.  It was cancelled.  I think outside of the Guns universe people have no idea who is singing, or what it is exactly,  tbh

24 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Apparently they posted that in the comments and got the info from here. I truly hope it is not true.

IMG_6885.thumb.jpeg.292d8b1a72dcd190f9cf62d4de5efba9.jpeg

That’s awful! I’ve followed her instagram for a while and she seemed really close with Meegan (obviously) and Slash 😔

• Sad 2