Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

25 minutes ago, History2010 said:

None of that translates into economic prosperity for average people. People can't afford to pay rent, can't afford medicine and healthcare and they can barely afford grocery shopping at this point let alone concert tickets. If you can't see how bad things are for regular people then I don't know what to tell you. 

Concert revenue is actually doing really well though. It was up almost 25% last year.  Entertainment in general is going really well. Sports are doing incredibly well with major league baseball having their highest ticket sales in years for example 

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is SMKC pulling a Jack White and releasing a new album by surprise or something?

From what Slash has said, the album has not been recorded yet (it's supposed to be recorded after the blues tour).

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

This has been such a weird dayIMG_6895.jpeg.f3049f4486390cc0014574c2f778ba21.jpeg

6 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is SMKC pulling a Jack White and releasing a new album by surprise or something?

I think it might be a TK solo show in Vegas. His birthday is in Dec so he likes to do a show around then.

Very sad to hear about Lucy, I feed really bad for her sister.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meadsoap said:

A post from her IG. A scheduled post it looks like.

Screenshot-20240722-025249.png

That is a tough read. Wish she could’ve reached out and found the support she needed. Poor girl. It seems to have sent shock waves around the entire gnr camp (members and their families). Really feel for everyone involved 😔

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I bet it’s a real dilemma for the family whether to leave that post there or not. 

Well. Who's to say they actually have her password? Tragic is that she seemed to have realized the problem/things she didn't like, but couldn't get them solved/got them solved in the wrongest way.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, meadsoap said:

A post from her IG. A scheduled post it looks like.

Screenshot-20240722-025249.png

That was the 1st thing I saw when I looked at my phone this morning. Holy shit, that hurts my heart.

And then the 2nd post in my feed

image.thumb.png.11c2d6305883f1968150b3a5d47f4b12.png

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There's a lot of people employed on a tour, so I suppose that's a consideration too. 

It's like anyone else in a job that suffers a bereavement - some people want to have time off, some want to go on working and have no time off and just get on with things, and there's never a 'right' or 'wrong' way to deal with it. 

Insurance might cover the whole thing if a loved one of a key person on a tour dies. Not sure, though. Just speculating.