Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

5 hours ago, meadsoap said:

A post from her IG. A scheduled post it looks like.

Screenshot-20240722-025249.png

Incredibly sad.  May her soul rest in peace.  

5 hours ago, meadsoap said:

A post from her IG. A scheduled post it looks like.

Screenshot-20240722-025249.png

Incredibly sad.  May her soul rest in peace.  

Devastating news, such a young girl :( Meegan always spoke so fondly of her daughters, I can't even imagine the pain she is going through. I hope Slash can cancel the whole thing to support Meegan and their family through this tragic loss.

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Insurance might cover the whole thing if a loved one of a key person on a tour dies. Not sure, though. Just speculating.

Just a quick note on this: yes insurance covers things. It would have to be super specific in terms of what (ie “fam death”: who’s fam, etc). I don’t believe any promoter or building would penalize the Slash camp at this point BUT without knowing the full policy it’s all speculation.

Such a tragic occurrence, so young too. Makes you reconsider priorities and what is truly important. And it’s NOT ticket sales.

• Like 2

Poor girl. Just a damn shame she didn't have someone there to get her head together.

Who knows what her circumstances were, but reading that it seemed like a break up/fight so this was likely a rash decision. Just think sometimes if you just push through and go to sleep you will hopefully wake up with a clearer perspective and realise there's a lot to live for.

• Like 1

I opened up instagram this morning Irish time and I saw mellissa offering her sympathies to Meegan and scrolled up and it was early and it honestly took me a second to figure it out.

From meeghan’s posts and stories it seemed she and her daughters were very close, and the unit of slash and meegan and their kids seemed to be close and get on. This is so sad. 25 is way too young, she had her whole life ahead of her. Fuck. 

And that post from her instagram account. 😔

Edited by IrishgunnerII

55 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Damn... His guitar sounds like it is crying before the songs kicks in

I thought the same, beautiful and haunting knowing what he’d just found out. Amazed how he stayed so composed and professional. Class act he is.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, History2010 said:

None of that translates into economic prosperity for average people. People can't afford to pay rent, can't afford medicine and healthcare and they can barely afford grocery shopping at this point let alone concert tickets. If you can't see how bad things are for regular people then I don't know what to tell you. 

Yes it does, because wage increases are outpacing inflation. Spending on non-necessities is up (that doesnt happen if people are actually struggling on average). Of course that doesn't mean nobody is struggling. The middle class has been getting hollowed out for decades, but they are objectively doing better than pre-covid by almost every measurable metric. The biggest wage gains post-covid were in fact among the lower income, as multiple states have passed $15 min wage laws. Sorry to upset your vibe-cession narrative, but facts are facts.

Inflation has been going down since it's peak in 2022, and rent prices and medical costs have been high for decades, so that cannot explain poor ticket sales in 2024 only. Things have not gotten acutely worse in 2024, they have gotten better than the less-than-optimal place we've been for decades. But of course, a nuanced take won't get all the likes...

If you think people don't complain about living paycheck to paycheck while also spending money on things they don't need, and that people don't complain about the economy depending entirely on which party is in power, I don't know what to tell you. Vibes don't beat statistical data.

20 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Concert revenue is actually doing really well though. It was up almost 25% last year.  Entertainment in general is going really well. Sports are doing incredibly well with major league baseball having their highest ticket sales in years for example 

Exactly, but no amount of facts can sway people who have motivated reasoning. People are spending money on luxuries while complaining about the economy in the same breath.

Edited by evilfacelessturtle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Back on the tour, I am watching that live stream right now. I am 8 songs into it and Slash seems just fine to me. Teddy on pro shot though, is even worse.  He is damn near ruining these songs.... Still does a great job on keys and even backing vocals, but he is the farthest thing from a good singer or frontman.

17 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Damn, I liked this song. It’s weird I almost feel like I am going to think of her when it comes on now. 

The cd has been in my car's cd player since I got it... listened to that song driving home today and it does hit differently now.

2 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Yes it does, because wage increases are outpacing inflation. Spending on non-necessities is up (that doesnt happen if people are actually struggling on average). Of course that doesn't mean nobody is struggling. The middle class has been getting hollowed out for decades, but they are objectively doing better than pre-covid by almost every measurable metric. The biggest wage gains post-covid were in fact among the lower income, as multiple states have passed $15 min wage laws. Sorry to upset your vibe-cession narrative, but facts are facts.

Inflation has been going down since it's peak in 2022, and rent prices and medical costs have been high for decades, so that cannot explain poor ticket sales in 2024 only. Things have not gotten acutely worse in 2024, they have gotten better than the less-than-optimal place we've been for decades. But of course, a nuanced take won't get all the likes...

If you think people don't complain about living paycheck to paycheck while also spending money on things they don't need, and that people don't complain about the economy depending entirely on which party is in power, I don't know what to tell you. Vibes don't beat statistical data.

Exactly, but no amount of facts can sway people who have motivated reasoning. People are spending money on luxuries while complaining about the economy in the same breath.

I agree.  I'm in the UK and things are far worse here when you look at the numbers, the metrics that every modern country is compared to America is one of if not the best performing western economy right now.

Those of you in the states if you think things are tough for you there then you would have a massive shock if you were living in the UK.  Living standards are still below where they were pre-covid but in the USA you have far surpassed that level.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Back on the tour, I am watching that live stream right now. I am 8 songs into it and Slash seems just fine to me. Teddy on pro shot though, is even worse.  He is damn near ruining these songs.... Still does a great job on keys and even backing vocals, but he is the farthest thing from a good singer or frontman.

What? You mean back to the topic?^^

Edited by Ralphelmo