Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I think it’s a message to her sister

Her sister would be financially supported by the parents as well. I think it's just a general message, otherwise she would have sent that message to the person in question.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Her sister would be financially supported by the parents as well. I think it's just a general message, otherwise she would have sent that message to the person in question.

Yeah, to me it sounds like a message to everyone who she felt she wronged in some way. I don't think it was to anyone in particular.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

I think it’s a message to her sister

It's definitely not to her sister. Scarlett Rae said in her post paying tribute to Lucy Bleu that she "told her not to do it" . If Lucy was already talking to her sister about wanting to die, she would have already told her what caused her to feel like that and wouldn't need to leave a note to her. I'm pretty sure the message was is for everyone else besides her sister.

1d4emc2am7ed1.jpg

Edited by meadsoap
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, meadsoap said:

It's definitely not to her sister. Scarlett Rae said in her post paying tribute to Lucy Bleu that she "told her not to do it" . If Lucy was already talking to her sister about wanting to die, she would have already told her what caused her to feel like that and wouldn't need to leave a note to her. I'm pretty sure the message was is for everyone else besides her sister.

1d4emc2am7ed1.jpg

I'll see you soon?? Geez. And they talked about it?? Suicide is just bullshit. And wreaking havoc on everyone else.

• Sad 1

Just checked in on what was going on in the forum. The last thing I saw was that Slash cancelled some dates. I thought he or somebody in the band got sick or injured. Never thought something as devastating as this would be the reason :(

• Sad 1

Well.... Finally finished watched that Pro Shot from the live stream...

It definitely had its moments, but it also didn't get me super excited for next week's show. The band is great. That drummer is something special. I thought Slash was fine with some great moments. The setlist is pretty good and the songs with Tash on vocals smoke. Big Legged Woman is a phenomenal jam. Fucking Teddy though.. Sorry to beat a dead horse but his vocals ruin almost half of the set..  The band and Slash's leads save some of those songs but every time Teddy opens his mouth it sounds like terrible satire whether he is singing or even just talking... Born on a Bad Sign might be the worst of them all. The only song I thought he was "decent" on was The Pusher.. The Bob Dylan song would have been better as an instrumental. Having Teddy on both encore songs seems like a bad choice as well. Why not give Tash a so in the encore? Or open the encore with Living for the City?  We were all speculating on a re-worked Gn'R song or something. I do think that was a missed opportunity. At first, I wasn't crazy about Metal Chestnut, but it grown on me quite a bit, especially with that intro he does live. 

I still think it will be a great time. At the show I can try and focus on other stuff while Teddy is singing, though it is shame to have to entertain doing that. You can't escape him watching the stream...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Toronto show selling terribly. There are a bunch of $11 tickets if you have a Pizza Pizza passcode

I guess this thing would have gotten a lot more attention if someone like Lenny Kravitz or Steven Tyler would do lead vocals. With Teddy and Tash it's really more of a blues covers bar band type of thing, despite Slash's status in the rock world.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I guess this thing would have gotten a lot more attention if someone like Lenny Kravitz or Steven Tyler would do lead vocals. With Teddy and Tash it's really more of a blues covers bar band type of thing, despite Slash's status in the rock world.

He tours a lot and he does a lot of press and other projects  it's hard to maintain the "I've gotta see him" excitement factor. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

With Teddy it is like a terrible bar band that would make you cash out and try a different bar. Tash you would at least stick around but he honestly doesn't have much special going on. He still has his moments and is a huge upgrade from Teddy though.  They can still pull of great performances of songs with Tash.  Teddy ruins songs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

With Teddy it is like a terrible bar band that would make you cash out and try a different bar. Tash you would at least stick around but he honestly doesn't have much special going on. He still has his moments and is a huge upgrade from Teddy though.  They can still pull of great performances of songs with Tash.  Teddy ruins songs.

Tash sounded great in the studio on Living for the City, but yeah, he is fine on the live tour but not like amazing. Much better than Teddy

• Like 1

I don't think they necessarily needed a star frontman..  Tash is good enough. It seems like his vocals are always low in the mix for some reason though. It is just bizarre having all these fantastic vocals on the album and then wheeling Teddy out there to butcher the songs. Ironically his vocals are the ones too high in the mix. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't think they necessarily needed a star frontman..  Tash is good enough. It seems like his vocals are always low in the mix for some reason though. It is just bizarre having all these fantastic vocals on the album and then wheeling Teddy out there to butcher the songs. Ironically his vocals are the ones too high in the mix. 

Good post. I think Tash is fine for the tour. I'd rather have a singer like him than a high- pitched frontman for this project for some reason. I don't know why he doesn't do all the songs

• Like 1