Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

Yeesh. I was this close to making plans to be able to see the closest show ~2 hours away. If the line-up on the east coast dates didn't stink compared to the west coast I would still consider it.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

if i'm being honest i'm seeing a lack of videos on youtube, i've seen clips on insta but not a lot either

In a few weeks, they'll be a full proshot. We will see properly then...

Edited by colonizedmind

1 hour ago, bmus1 said:

Yeesh. I was this close to making plans to be able to see the closest show ~2 hours away. If the line-up on the east coast dates didn't stink compared to the west coast I would still consider it.

East Coast definately got the shit end of the stick in that regard. Northeast anyway.. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

It's not a rumor.  It was announced by Slash.

https://www.slashonline.com/news/slash/

On all dates, SLASHwillperform alongside his Blues band featuring bassist Johnny Griparic, keyboardist Teddy ‘ZigZag’ Andreadis, drummer Michael Jerome, and singer/guitarist Tash Neal.

I thought it was officially announced but couldn't remember exactly so I just said rumor to be safe.  What a huge bummer.  Tash is really good!

14 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

My junk seat tickets were like $40 and it is still something different. I'll still take this over another Consipirators tour, but I agree it is weird there isn't a lot of info on the first show in this day and age. I thought Tash was phenomenal on Living for the City so I really don't know why he wouldn't be the lead singer over Teddy. 

Honestly the saving grace is this show is 15 minutes away from my home and cool shows almost never come here. Most of the time I am driving over an hour lol. I know I'm going to have fun, it's going to be a unique experience from the mostly hard rock and metal shows I go to, and it doesn't get much better than an evening watching Slash.  It just doesn't seem totally what I was expecting I guess 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Best vid I have seen yet.  Slash also looks a hell of a lot cooler just wearing jeans and the backwards cap over leather pants and the top hat.

Slash should've joined Warren Haynes and play the material with his band lol.

I think Slash may have some thoughts after SERPENT Tour is over and eventually SMKC will benefit from it, both writing wise and setlist wise :) 

Edited by Ralphelmo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Honestly the saving grace is this show is 15 minutes away from my home and cool shows almost never come here. Most of the time I am driving over an hour lol. I know I'm going to have fun, it's going to be a unique experience from the mostly hard rock and metal shows I go to, and it doesn't get much better than an evening watching Slash.  It just doesn't seem totally what I was expecting I guess 

Yeah I think it's worth it if it's that close to your house and you're able to get a cheaper ticket. Honestly I'm just disappointed that it's not as an exciting of a show as we were hoping it would be, after how good the album was.

From the few videos i’ve seen, Slash seems to be jaming on these songs better then some of his GNR solos in recent years. 

7 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Anyone going to the show at Easy Street records? I wonder if Duff will be a guest there...

• Like 1

full setlist from the first 2 shows

1. Parchman Farm Blues

2. Killing floor

3. Oh well

4. Big Legged Woman

5. Hoochie Coochie man

6. Born Under A Bad Sign

7. Papa Was A Rolling Stone

8. Stormy Monday

9. The Pusher

10. Metal Chestnut

11. Crossroads

12. Cradle Rock

13. Stone Free

Encore

14. Key To The Highway

15. It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train to Cry

16. Shake Your Money Maker

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash/2024/kettlehouse-amphitheater-bonner-mt-43abc787.html

i think it was the same set for Saturday's show Except Myles Kennedy joined for Crossroads 

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Honestly I'm just disappointed that it's not as an exciting of a show as we were hoping it would be, after how good the album was.

Same and I convinced 5 other people to go as well.. And have a couple more considering it. 

That’s just so much more fun when Tash Neil is singing. Musically this band is really groovy and extremely cool. I think this gig in Seattle is more tight than the previous acoustic shows. I’m just waiting for the live stream, it will sound even better in good quality. If I had the chance I’d totally go watching them. No question.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah I think it's worth it if it's that close to your house and you're able to get a cheaper ticket. Honestly I'm just disappointed that it's not as an exciting of a show as we were hoping it would be, after how good the album was.

I paid 160 for 2 tickets to this lol. But yeah. Honestly I'm sure it'll be fun

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

full setlist from the first 2 shows

1. Parchman Farm Blues

2. Killing floor

3. Oh well

4. Big Legged Woman

5. Hoochie Coochie man

6. Born Under A Bad Sign

7. Papa Was A Rolling Stone

8. Stormy Monday

9. The Pusher

10. Metal Chestnut

11. Crossroads

12. Cradle Rock

13. Stone Free

Encore

14. Key To The Highway

15. It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train to Cry

16. Shake Your Money Maker

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slash/2024/kettlehouse-amphitheater-bonner-mt-43abc787.html

i think it was the same set for Saturday's show Except Myles Kennedy joined for Crossroads 

Well that's definitely better than just 8 songs. Still not sure if I'm going to go though.

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

That’s just so much more fun when Tash Neil is singing. Musically this band is really groovy and extremely cool. I think this gig in Seattle is more tight than the previous acoustic shows. I’m just waiting for the live stream, it will sound even better in good quality. If I had the chance I’d totally go watching them. No question.

Yeah man.. Just watching it now and the band is tight.. locked in.. Including Teddy on the keys. I wish he was limited to 2 or 3 songs on vocals though. Only 4 songs in so far but loving it... Tash on Oh Well was fantastic... 

18 hours ago, vloors said:

The band sounds good but Teddy just sounds like some fat dude yelling for a burger

This post is all I am going to think about every time I see Teddy now. 

• Haha 2