Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

On 7/2/2024 at 5:33 PM, jacdaniel said:

I never saw Slash with a pedalboard before. Wish I could properly see it. I see the crybaby and I think a tube screamer but not sure what else is on there? 

Now there's a detailed look at his pedalboard. Basically, Phaser, an Univibe, a Leslie "simulator", a Tubescreamer, a (clean?) boost and the usuals Crybaby and talkbox:

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Teddy's a bar-band singer, but the band is so good that he doesn't ruin it. He's passable on most of the songs, I thought The Pusher was easily the weakest song of the night because of him, but the show overall was still great.

I'm just fucking around, I've barely listened to the videos yet.

8 hours ago, Kelmi said:

Slashs manager/management are marketing geniouses. Slash is all over youtube/instagram/magazines for the past 2 months that everyone knows that he has an album out... and it is selling well! Imagine if he released this record under TB management.. there would be a blues toy truck and thats it.

Enjoyed watching many interviews.. the answers are the same most of the time, but he doesnt seem bored talking about everything over and over again. What a hard working musician.

I mean, this is going a bit far. It's tied to your algorithm so you're seeing a lot about it.  I wouldn't say everybody knows about the album or say that it's selling really well. I guarantee you if I ask all my coworkers they will have no idea slash has a blues album out lol.

.It debuted at 98 on the billboard which is his lowest ranking album in his discography. But since it's a blues covers album that's about what I would expect.

20 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I never liked him on those.. I remember my cousin telling me he stumbled upon those vids once and couldn't even finish one due to the singer.  If Tash wasn't singing a chunk of songs I would probably opt out of this thing, 

Each to his own :)

Edited to add: Tash is a badass!

Edited by izzyjim

1 hour ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I was really hoping they would bring out Ain't Life Grand. Killer tune.

And Rusted Heroes, best of Slashs slide playing ever. But both probably too obscure and unknown for him to consider adding to the set

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Man this would have been an amazing instrumental.. Not to beat a "Dead Horse" but Teddy's vocals almost ruins this.. Was watching it last night before bed and shut it off after the solo because of him. The band/Slash is amazing though

Edited by Tom-Ass

6 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

That was absolutely awesome! I am hyped, now. This band sounds killer. Wish Tash sang all the songs, but other than that, no complaints. This was so freaking cool. Extra excited now and am pretty hyped for the soundcheck thing. Lucked out since I am going to a Canadian show so the exhance rate is in my favor. I want to try and get my Slash Les Paul signed or at least a pick from Slash. Probably a long shot for those

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

That was cool, I hope they upload the whole set eventually. 

The show closest to me is on Sunday but I'm still thinking I'm going to skip it. The prices for the good seats haven't gone down and I'm ok with just watching the videos.