Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't think they necessarily needed a star frontman..  Tash is good enough. It seems like his vocals are always low in the mix for some reason though. It is just bizarre having all these fantastic vocals on the album and then wheeling Teddy out there to butcher the songs. Ironically his vocals are the ones too high in the mix. 

Agreed doesn't need a star frontman but a frontman/woman that could take most of the vocal duties and work the stage is hard to argue with. He probably just wanted to keep the band small and figured the guys were good enough to get the job done, while obviously not on the level of a dedicated singer

Teddy's fine on some songs, especially the non-album tracks like Parchman Farm or Shake Your Money Maker. But yea it's a weird choice to do an 'all-star guest singers' album then have Teddy sing some of the best songs.

I wouldn't have been disappointed at all if they'd swapped out Born Under A Bad Sign for Living For The City... at the very least the should split the vocals 2/3 for Tash, 1/3 for Teddy. He's clearly the weakest singer out of all the bands at the show, but again, when you're actually there he doesn't ruin it.

I'm not really surprised that this tour is selling poorly in some markets. Slash tours almost every year with GNR or SMKC, and this is a niche project that's only playing cover songs.

That said, SMKC usually plays venues in the Vancouver and Seattle areas that are around 2800 capacity. I saw them in a 5000-capacity venue and it was at least 97% sold out a few hours before they hit the stage. How many tickets were discounted doesn't really matter, if this becomes an annual tour it could be much bigger than it is right now. I'd love to see them play the annual Blues & Roots fest near Vancouver someday, in a park twice the size of the Redmond venue.

Just awful news for the family. I would think a cancellation would have happened by now for the next show, but I base that on nothing.

If it’s any indication, a couple hours ago i received an email from Ticketmaster with the sound check time and details (I figured at minimum he would probably cancel that). I just hope if the show goes on it’s because Slash wants it to (perhaps playing the blues is exactly what he wants to do??) - it would be awkward to enjoy if that was not the case I would think. 

7 hours ago, apeekevo said:

Just awful news for the family. I would think a cancellation would have happened by now for the next show, but I base that on nothing.

If it’s any indication, a couple hours ago i received an email from Ticketmaster with the sound check time and details (I figured at minimum he would probably cancel that). I just hope if the show goes on it’s because Slash wants it to (perhaps playing the blues is exactly what he wants to do??) - it would be awkward to enjoy if that was not the case I would think. 

I can totally see him wanting to play to stay sane.

• Like 4

Personally speaking, I think it’s crazy to be out touring just over a week after your step daughter killed herself. Especially considering it’s kind of a niche 3rd project. 

Staying super productive seems to be what Slash needs to get through life without demons. 

• Like 1

I think we would have heard of further cancellations by now. My heart definitely goes out for him and Meegan.

I wasn't all that interested in this tour but I might end up going to the Tuesday show. It's cheap and close to me.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I can kind of see both sides of it. Like Zoso said, I would feel weird about going to the next show, but I can see Slash going back on the road just to keep his mind occupied... maybe a 2-hour escape where everyone is stoked to hear him play music is what he needs at the moment. Whether Meegan goes with him is a whole other thing, but people handle stuff differently, so if this is what they need to do then I hope the shows go well. I also hope Slash wasn't pressured back onto the road though.

Yeah, I see that, too. I am excited to see my show and for everyone to play their shows.

I just think it pissed me off that it was on a post that was supposed to be for Lucy. Those comments could have been put on a different post or in better context.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Yeah, I see that, too. I am excited to see my show and for everyone to play their shows.

I just think it pissed me off that it was on a post that was supposed to be for Lucy. Those comments could have been put on a different post or in better context.

I don't really use instagram much, and never bother with the comments, but yea that's an odd thing to say on a post like that. I'd like to assume it was just an air-headed moment that was meant in a supportive way, but I didn't see the comment.

5 minutes ago, apeekevo said:

As for the show, I really do hope that playing the blues for a smaller crowd is exactly what he wants  right now - and that he is not pressured. The way I am going to look at it tonight is Slash’s music has been there for me through decades of life’s ups and downs, if I can be there for him to hear what he has to say with his guitar as he plays the blues to start moving forward - I will be honored!

Yea, that's a great mindset to have about it. Hope the show goes well!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

Glad I clicked on these..

Band sounded tight. Tash's vocals were higher in the mix and sounded great.

Teddy has been abysmal on Born Under a Bad Sign but he sounded better here kind of blended a little deeper into the mix. Hoping it is like a Myles/Axl situation where he sounds better in person with everything else going on. 

Anyone know the order of the openers?

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

No Robert Randolph?

nope he didn't play in Toronto i haven't seen why he is being advivertised for tonight's show in Lewiston but anything can happen from now until showtime

Edited by kingcanyon