Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

I think there is a possibility someone from Aerosmith joins Slash in Boston. They are all huge blues fans.. Steven was on the album.. They actually played "Oh Well" their last tour.. I could see Steven, Joe or Brad making an appearance.  Wishful thinking anyway.

34 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Anyone know if Robert Randolph played last night an the order of the openers?

the order was Robert Randolph, ZZ Ward & Keb’ Mo’.  i've seen a lot of people saying ZZ ward has been fantastic & many said that Robert Randolph was amazing last night.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

the order was Robert Randolph, ZZ Ward & Keb’ Mo’.  i've seen a lot of people saying ZZ ward has been fantastic & many said that Robert Randolph was amazing last night.

Thanks for the update.  My show is tomorrow.. I am not super excited about these openers from what I have heard from them but I think my cousin wants to see Robert Randolph.  I have liked some of what I heard of Keb Mo.. More so the live stuff than his studio stuff.  Would have liked to see Warren Haynes or Kingfish. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Teddy gets a lot of praise there :lol:

On 7/31/2024 at 4:17 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Thanks for the update.  My show is tomorrow.. I am not super excited about these openers from what I have heard from them but I think my cousin wants to see Robert Randolph.  I have liked some of what I heard of Keb Mo.. More so the live stuff than his studio stuff.  Would have liked to see Warren Haynes or Kingfish. 

Have fun!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, downzy said:

Went to Slash's show in Toronto last Sunday.

Took advantage of a promotion and got seats for $11.11 (plus service fee and taxes, so $20 all in). 

Then got upgraded to the 200s, which were originally selling for $80.00.

The show was great.  Really f'n loud, but the guys put on a great show.  My only quibble is Teddy's vocals.  He's not terrible, but he's not great either.

The Killing Floor is the standout song from the show.  Would love if GNR started covering this song if and when they start touring again.

Slash was on point.  I brought a few friends who had never seen a Guns show or Slash.  They loved it.

The only song I was hoping to hear that didn't get played was Living For the City.  The album version is great and felt it would have been a great way to close out a set.

I was a little disappointed they didn't play Living For The City when I saw them, but Stone Free was an incredible closer for the main set. It was the highlight of the show for me.

Teddy is fine, clearly the weakest singer of the festival but not bad enough to ruin anything. The band is great and Tash makes up for Teddy's weaknesses. The band overall is great, if anyone here can get cheap tickets for this tour I definitely recommend seeing it.

• Like 1

FWIW, St. Augustine Amphitheatre listed the venue as Backyard Stage at The Amp.  Hopefully this means they are taking advantage of the second stage for the openers vice the whole thing.  

It's surprising to see how few tickets have sold.  What can you do except go and maybe (probably / yes) buy merch?

On 8/2/2024 at 2:50 PM, Free Bird said:

@Tom-Ass

you went to the show, right? What’s your opinion?

It was good. 

Saw the last couple songs of Robert Randolph.. He is ok..
ZZ Ward was pretty good
Keb Mo was awesome

The show was pretty much what I expected. Slash was great.. The band was tight, but they still had the worst two singers on the stage the whole night.  I went with 6 other people, and they all thought it was a good show.. As well as other people I knew that went. I swear I didn't say anything negative about the singers to anyone, but people had their comments.  I do my critiquing on this board as tough love but was totally talking the band/album up to my friends. Hell, I got 6 people to join me.  But someone said "you didn't tell me fat Nikki Sixx" was in the band lol.. Someone made a wolfman jack comment.. Another mentioned him as a Dr. John wannabee. Teddy was kind of an ongoing joke throughout the evening. Someone referred to Tash as Lenny Kravitz light lol.  That was funny because I started noticing the last couple weeks that he did sound like Lenny quite a bit. 

The show was still a blast. Like I said Slash and the band ripped and Tash did a good job though I don't care for his rendition of Stone Free.. Teddy was awkward to watch and listen to at times, but he didn't ruin the songs.  Slash played the Godfather which I don't think he had been doing. The jam with Keb Mo was great. That venue is always great. I paid $90 per ticket, and it was well worth it even though people were getting in for a lot cheaper. 

All in all, I don't even think it sold that bad.  I was monitoring and saw the sales increase a bit the past week. There was still a lot of people there. At the end of the day, I would say it was a little over half full to even close to 2/3 full.  The place holds 5000. There was no way Slash wasn't selling out a 5000 seat venue with a cover band but I think he did pretty good "all things considered".

If he did this again, I would like to see him get a proper singer and add a few originals.  It would be a very high probability that it would still be Teddy and Tash though and I would still be there. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It was good. 

Saw the last couple songs of Robert Randolph.. He is ok..
ZZ Ward was pretty good
Keb Mo was awesome

The show was pretty much what I expected. Slash was great.. The band was tight, but they still had the worst two singers on the stage the whole night.  I went with 6 other people, and they all thought it was a good show.. As well as other people I knew that went. I swear I didn't say anything negative about the singers to anyone, but people had their comments.  I do my critiquing on this board as tough love but was totally talking the band/album up to my friends. Hell, I got 6 people to join me.  But someone said "you didn't tell me fat Nikki Sixx" was in the band lol.. Someone made a wolfman jack comment.. Another mentioned him as a Dr. John wannabee. Teddy was kind of an ongoing joke throughout the evening. Someone referred to Tash as Lenny Kravitz light lol.  That was funny because I started noticing the last couple weeks that he did sound like Lenny quite a bit. 

The show was still a blast. Like I said Slash and the band ripped and Tash did a good job. Teddy was awkward to watch and listen to at times, but he didn't ruin the songs.  Slash played the Godfather which I don't think he had been doing. The jam with Keb Mo was great. That venue is always great. I paid $90 per ticket, and it was well worth it even though people were getting in for a lot cheaper. 

All in all, I don't even think it sold that bad.  I was monitoring and saw the sales increase a bit the past week. There was still a lot of people there. At the end of the day, I would say it was a little over half full to even 2/3 full.  The place holds 5000. There was no way Slash wasn't selling out a 5000 seat venue with a cover band but I think he did pretty good "all things considered".

If he did this again, I would like to see him get a proper singer and add a few originals.  It would be a very high probability that it would still be Teddy and Tash and I would still be there. 

Nice review, cool that he did the Godfather, I'm pretty sure that's the first time he's done it on this tour. Fat Nikki Sixx made me lol :rofl-lol:

Also laughed at the Tash comment, because when the Killing Floor video was released someone here said 'Lenny Kravitz on rhythm!?' and I thought that was pretty funny. Hopefully he takes those comparisons as a compliment, Tash seems like a cool guy and he sounds good.

@Blackstar posted a review that said the show sold 3,000 tickets. I don't know how he usually sells in the Boston area, but that's not bad for a niche project playing covers. In Redmond he sold close to 5,000 but usually plays to crowds half that size in the Vancouver and Seattle areas... for a blues fest to outsell or at least match his conspirators shows is promising for the future. If this is an annual tour where Tash sings half the show and tickets are relatively cheap, I'll definitely go again next year.

• Like 1